Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-04-23, 10:34 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Ugh, it's so cold here--only 9 degrees as I'm typing this. I was going to run some errands but that will have to wait until tomorrow when it will be in the 40s. At least this cold snap won't last long.

Today was PT exercises and then I did a short Jessica strength youtube video and am walking around inside the house to increase my step count.

Donna, I don't understand why my boss wants me in the office once a week either, but she has a lot of control issues so I think that has a lot to do with it. She's really a micromanager and that's never going to change. I'm just trying to ignore her and hang on another 3 years which is when I plan to semi-retire. Being in the office is creepy with so few people there.

Sorry to hear about your pipes. That does seem odd. I live in an old house and the plumbing was entirely redone by the previous owners right before I bought it 11 years ago and I've never had any problems.

Pam, Your hikes sound like a lot of fun and very educational. I wish I could find something like that for my exercise bike. I watch youtube videos while I ride and that works well, but something educational would be nice.

Sherry, I've tried Jessica's new youtube strength workout and liked it a lot. I skip the lower body portion, but I just noticed she has a knee friendly newer one so I might try that.
Old 02-04-23, 02:55 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Temps in the last 24 hours here have been in the negative single digits and we are breaking records for this cold spell. We opened up all of the faucets yesterday morning to just let them drip until it starts to warm up again on Sunday. Donna, so sorry about your pipes. We have had burst pipes in the past and that's no fun, so hope yours turn out to be okay. We had water damage in our basement walls, when this happened.

Back on the TM with today's Nepal workout. And then did Jessica's Hips and Knee's (Flow 3) segment from her Gentle Yoga DVD. That has always been a favorite of mine. I don't think her Stretch & Relax DVD even comes close to that one!

I won't be going anyplace today with it being so chilly either. I want to get out to Trader Joe's so perhaps tomorrow?

Enjoy the day everyone!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-23, 07:07 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was work cardio and Jessica’s Total Body in Ten. Then later we helped friends move their stuff out of an RV that they sold.

Today was house cleaning. This afternoon I went to a baby shower. I’m pooped!

Well, we have warmed up here. We went from highs in the 50’s to 76 degrees today. I hope all of you stay warm!
Old 02-05-23, 10:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - Walk Off Belly Fat - Interval Workout - this was a 2 Mile "Interval" walk w/ warm up and cool down it came to about 40 min.

Jessica Smith - Stretch & Relax - Release session. This was from her recent DVD series - and was a nice basic stretch.

The weather is warming up so hopefully an outdoor walk later.

I am enjoying re-visiting Jessica's workouts so far!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 05:03 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did two Nepal workouts on the TM today! Then added a number of shorter Upper/Lower Body workouts...Jane Fonda's Trim, Tone & Flex, Lisa Wheeler's Weight Watcher one and lastly Lara Hudson's 10 Minute Solutions Yoga Flexibility segment. I enjoyed Jane Fonda's "lighter day" workout and she was very pleasant but it's very much for seniors or beginners. Lisa's WW workout was very good and it surprised me. I look forward to doing that one again! I never tried it because it's labeled Belly, Butt & Thighs Tone Ups, so never saw there was an UB workout included.

Donna, I just did that yoga segment of Jessica's a couple days ago. I thought it was odd that she began with neck stretches (while standing) and then moved to the floor. I liked everything after that, with the lower body focus.

It's much warmer today but I'm still being lazy at home today.

Current Rotation:
Old 02-05-23, 07:52 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today I decided to pull out a Jessica DVD instead of doing youtube stuff and did the upper body workout from the Split Session Strength DVD. I also did 3 miles of indoor walking. I was going to go outside today since it was warmer, but I focused on housework instead. I'm taking tomorrow off work to go shopping with a friend so I'll be out all day then anyway.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!
Old 02-05-23, 09:16 PM  
Leonana

Today was a rest day, I was really tired.

Our friends are staying with us for a couple of months until a space opens up at their trailer park. They are easy going and close friends, but it’s still an adjustment. It should be interesting!
Old 02-06-23, 08:43 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I got out to walk my dog. It was nice after the cold temps we had earlier in the weekend.

Today, so far:

Essentrics - Activation Workout w/ Amanda - did this one as a warm-up, it was only 15 min.

Jessica Valant - Stronger Bones, Osteoporosis Workout - I enjoyed this one - some traditional workout w/ weights, as well as some Pilates

Jessica Valant - Gentle Pilates Workout - I liked this one, too.

Sherry - it would be hard for me to have someone stay with me for any length of time. Good luck with it!! It is a change in you routine.

wishiwasinhawaii -enjoy your day off today!

Pam - nice job w/ your workouts - I think I have that WW workout w/ Lisa. Honestly, I should declare a "no-streaming" month and just work on my DVDs.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 02-06-23, 03:34 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did another TM hike in Nepal today. Added on Stephanie's Power Fit (Arms & Shoulders) along with a couple segments from Angie Stewarts 10 Minute Solutions Yoga for Beginners. I liked both of the Stress Relief and Balance & Flexibility segments. Some great and quick stretching! Stephanie's workout was a bit frustrating. My latex band had too much resistance and it was difficult to not be a step behind Stephanie. Also, haven't done PF workouts in forever and she's quick with the choreography, so again not getting all the reps in today....what few there were, LOL.

Sherry, hope your company doesn't wear you down too much with their extended stay. The longest I've had company was about two weeks (MIL.) But, even longer than that is living with tradesmen coming into to your house every day (early) when home is undergoing renovations. It's not a very relaxing environment and you can't really be yourself and just relax.

Current Rotation:
Old 02-07-23, 10:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out to walk my dog, but it was't as nice as I had hoped, a bit damp and windy. But, still better than the freezing temps of the weekend. I also did Ellen's new Gentle Sculpt after work. Nothing exceptional to report on Ellen's but it was a nice routine. She looked very radiant in it.

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - Walk a 5K the Fun Way -steady walk plus warm-up and cool down. I wanted to try this one out again since there has been a revival of the discussion on this series on VF. I enjoyed the workout, towards the end I started to get antsy about wondering when it would be over (it is 50 min, so a longer workout). But, it was nice to see the beach and the sun and some of the music she chose has vocals so that was nice too.

Later today a dog walk and probably a stretch or Pilates.

Pam -nice workouts!

Sherry - how are things going?

I am thinking about doing some type of Jessica Smith rotation - I was thinking about doing the Walk Strongs in order...like do WS 1.0, then 2.0 then 3.0. They have a lot of variety and 30 min in length....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna