Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-22, 09:46 PM  
zoegirl

Smile Leslie is still the best!

So after many years of Leslie being my go-to girl for cardio (except for walking outside when weather permits), I strayed. Tempted by the promises of better music and great scenery, I started sampling other walking workouts on You Tube. I found many that I like and did especially enjoy the fun, fresh music. But tonight after doing one of these other workouts, I still felt sluggish. So I thought I would finish off with a 13 minute Leslie walk. I don’t know what it is about her combination of steps, kicks, and side steps. Maybe it’s the few minutes of boosted walking in the middle. But I definitely feel more worked out. I don’t care for the new instructors on her You Tube channel (but I do like Nick and Kamilah and Rocky and Nadyia), but I will always be a proud Leslie fan and supporter. If she came out with new workouts led by her, I would buy them all!
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-22, 10:49 PM  
kat999

I have been doing a lot of Jessica Smith walking workouts lately, but IA that Leslie--leading her own stuff--is kind of the gold standard. Also sometimes I will just do my own thing when it comes to in home walking and I find that I do Leslie combos without thinking about it.
Old 12-21-22, 02:36 AM  
Negin

I haven't done Leslie in quite a while. A while back I decided that I am only going to do the workouts where she's there by herself. All her other ones with the usual crew, I have the lines memorized, and it starts to annoy me. I prefer them when she's by herself.
Old 12-21-22, 07:39 AM  
donnamp

I agree about Leslie, in general when it comes to walking workouts, I feel that i get the most bang for my buck with hers - they are really the perfect steady state cardio for me (along with basic step workouts - like Jenny Ford's, and "old school" basic step from back in the day like Kathy Smith, etc.)

The others are fun to mix it up - but Leslie is indeed the queen of the indoor walking workout.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-22, 11:19 AM  
Jeanne

I came across this ancient -1996- Leslie walk on youtube on Retro Workouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YFymnXo0SQ

There are 3 sections - Leslie alone, then group 1, then group 2. She does a lot more different steps and combos then in her later WOs.
Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-22, 11:28 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I like Debbie Rocker (from Gaiam). Beautiful settings and vigorous workouts. She isn't mentioned much on this site, but I find her workouts work for me. I like Leslie too though.
Old 12-21-22, 01:53 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I agree. I know I'm in a minority here, but I love when the "Leslie" walks have some of the other instructors leading instead.
Old 12-21-22, 05:21 PM  
susand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne View Post

There are 3 sections - Leslie alone, then group 1, then group 2. She does a lot more different steps and combos then in her later WOs.
weight loss walk!4 miles. it is available on dvd still i think
susand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-22, 07:37 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne View Post

Oh, wow, I've never seen this one! The opening is ridiculous!
Old 12-21-22, 07:53 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Oh, wow, I've never seen this one! The opening is ridiculous!
I have this on DVD and decided to do it tonight after reading this thread. In addition to the funny beginning, there is a fake window behind Leslie and the scenery changes during the workout. At one point the sky is dark and there is lightening. Leslie remarks how glad she is to have this exercise tape because there is a bad storm outside.

Tags
leslie, leslie sansone