Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-19-22, 10:39 AM  
Negin

Margaret Richard - Problem with Site

I bought several of her Digital DVDs on the Black Friday sale. I hadn't had a chance to try any of them and was about to do so over the weekend. Well, I wonder if I'm the only one that's had this problem. I can't access any of them. It shows me as registered, but then nothing. This is frustrating, since I have contacted them, and haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone else had this problem? I know that their streaming often has problems.
Old 12-19-22, 04:06 PM  
bubbles76

Alas, I don't subscribe but maybe you can try her Facebook page? She will post updates there is her site is having issues.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-22, 04:14 PM  
Negin

Thanks so much. I messaged her. No reply. Just a custom immediate reply saying that they received my message. That was on Saturday. Nothing today.

I filled out their contact form. Nothing.

I really would prefer to not post on her Facebook page, since then ALL my friends and families will see, and I prefer to keep such things private, unless if I absolutely have to. I'm weird that way, and am fairly private about my workouts. If friends ask, I tell them, but that's about it.

This is definitely annoying me. I don't know what to do.
Old 12-19-22, 04:46 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
I really would prefer to not post on her Facebook page, since then ALL my friends and families will see, and I prefer to keep such things private, unless if I absolutely have to. I'm weird that way, and am fairly private about my workouts. If friends ask, I tell them, but that's about it.
you can keep your posts to other pages private - it's a setting. unless your other friends go to Margaret's page and see your name there.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-22, 06:43 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Oh my goodness that is annoying! I am sorry that is happening to you. If you don't get a response from Margaret or her team, I'd contact your credit card company.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-22, 02:42 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Oh my goodness that is annoying! I am sorry that is happening to you. If you don't get a response from Margaret or her team, I'd contact your credit card company.
Thank you, Jackie. Unfortunately, all payments are through PayPal, and that may make it more difficult. We'll see.
Old 12-20-22, 04:14 AM  
carly

Quote:
Thank you, Jackie. Unfortunately, all payments are through PayPal, and that may make it more difficult. We'll see.
You can submit a complaint through Paypal. Also, if the
Paypal transaction was a direct payment/withdrawal from your credit card (vs bank account) the credit card company will still help you with the resolution.

Margaret's streaming has had a lot of problems. There is a moderator on Margaret's Body Electric facebook account who has recently offered assistance to others having problems. If you review the facebook account feed and find her you can contact her directly without posting on facebook. It is worth trying.

At this point if you make contact I think you should either 1) ask for your money back because you can't access the material or 2) if the material becomes accessible you should download the material immediately and assume that it wouldn't be readily accessible in the future. Once downloaded it is yours where expecting it to be available on her site in the future is very questionable.

I have not purchased from Margaret recently. Several years ago I purchased some downloads and they were not uploadable. Crashed over and over. It took about a week to get a response but they credited my purchase and sold me the DVD versions (not available now). That was pre-dinosaur. Now you are just dealing with the 2020's dinosaur....but still frustrating.
carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-22, 04:52 AM  
Negin

Carly, thanks so much for your helpful and encouraging reply. I have emailed them at their new email a few times. I've also filled out their contact form from their page a few times. The only way that I've seen access on Facebook is through Facebook Messenger. That's when a bot immediately pops up. I would love to have access to the moderator, but I haven't seen one yet.

This is all so frustrating, since I'm talking about a significant amount of money that could have been better spent elsewhere. I could have spent it on streaming Essentrics for about five years.

Paypal went through my bank account, so I'll see how that goes.

Thank you so much for your helpful tips with regards to (1) and (2).

Maybe, just maybe, they're out of office because of the holidays and all? I'm not banking on it, just hoping that it's something simple.
Old 12-20-22, 06:13 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
You can submit a complaint through Paypal.
If I do need to do this, and it looks like I may, it will be pain, since each of the Digital DVDs had to be purchased separately. They wouldn't let me buy them all together. Oh joy ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
if the material becomes accessible you should download the material immediately and assume that it wouldn't be readily accessible in the future. Once downloaded it is yours
I tried to do that with the one that I already have, the Good 'n Strong one, but I couldn't. My husband, who's great at all that, tried to help also. He said that we can't do it, since it seems to be a view only option.
Old 12-20-22, 10:31 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:

This is all so frustrating, since I'm talking about a significant amount of money that could have been better spent elsewhere. I could have spent it on streaming Essentrics for about five years.

Paypal went through my bank account, so I'll see how that goes.
This is so frustrating! I am so sorry.

You are protected through Paypal, so I would for sure contact them and ask for their help in getting a refund. I have issued a complaint through Paypal in the past and did get my money back.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad customer service, margaret richard, margaret richard download