Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-02-22, 08:00 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
Kittybug- Ok, I'll try not too!!! haha Please check back in after you go through them and let me know a good one to get! Thank you!!
Absolutely!! Might take a few weeks as I'm rotating them with Callanetics and other stuff so I'm only doing about one per week. So far I really liked Sculpt and Burn Cardio Blast and the Blast Series one but I have more to work through! I'll update when I get there.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 08:05 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I don't really do that type of exercise, but I have to admit that Mary Helen is elegance personified. Oh to be able to move like she can.
Yup. Prima ballerinas are born not made! The other 99.9% of us will never look or more like that even with daily professional training!!!! They are selected as prima ballerinas because they have "the look" as lots of dancers have the same high talent as they do. I hope that changes but I just saw an article a couple days ago about a top ballerina being body shamed by the NYC Ballet because she gained 10 pounds while injured. It didn't effect her ability or performance in any way. She wasn't just a good dancer but one of the best ever who has won a bunch of awards. Very sad and infuriating.
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 08:07 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Absolutely!! Might take a few weeks as I'm rotating them with Callanetics and other stuff so I'm only doing about one per week. So far I really liked Sculpt and Burn Cardio Blast and the Blast Series one but I have more to work through! I'll update when I get there.
Ok, thank you!!!! That's a great combination with Callanetics!!! Hmmmm.....I should try that!!
Old 12-02-22, 08:12 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Yup. Prima ballerinas are born not made! The other 99.9% of us will never look or more like that even with daily professional training!!!! They are selected as prima ballerinas because they have "the look" as lots of dancers have the same high talent as they do. I hope that changes but I just saw an article a couple days ago about a top ballerina being body shamed by the NYC Ballet because she gained 10 pounds while injured. It didn't effect her ability or performance in any way. She wasn't just a good dancer but one of the best ever who has won a bunch of awards. Very sad and infuriating.
Yep. I grew up in this world. I could tell horror stories.

Quote:
Ok, thank you!!!! That's a great combination with Callanetics!!! Hmmmm.....I should try that!!
It really is a good combo...but geez, the soreness, oh, the soreness!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 08:26 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Kittybug- Oh, bummer. I'm sorry you had to deal with all of that. Yes, I watched a special once about dancers and it was horrific. I saw a recent post about a new animated movie coming out that features a plus size dancer as a main character. They said they were overwhelmed by the positive and emotional responses by people wishing they had been able to see this type of character when they were a young dancer. link: http://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28/entert...e-wellness-cec

I bet you are very sore!!! But, it sounds like a nice blend! I LOVE Callan and I'm sure the ballet ones are somewhat relaxing though brutal!! Enjoy your rotation!!

Last edited by Gemini2874; 12-03-22 at 05:54 AM.
Old 12-02-22, 09:19 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Real men do leg lifts!

I just wanted to add that in August as the football season was getting underway, they showed on TV the Denver Broncos players lying on the field doing side leg lifts. So men do perform these exercises (and many others) to get in shape for the season.
Old 12-02-22, 11:07 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
A Jessica Smith floor workout:

https://youtu.be/ukt7H3GTgIU
I did this one yesterday. Thank you for suggesting it!
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 02:47 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

The FIRM: Volume 1 is seriously killer.

I've only done it once and the floorwork gave me a major flare up of my pelvic pain issues that lasted 6 months!

Never again!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 02:55 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I'd don't really like anything "killer" anymore. I do like to do Essentrics floorwork especially longer sequences from Class of 2012 or Stretch and Strength in Motion or something similar.

I also really like Ellen's Fusion Floor and she has a couple shorter floor workouts on her streaming site.

I used to do Kari A's "Center Floor". I think that was intense.

I don't like Jessica's Gentle Yoga Plus Pilates. It's too awkward or hard for me.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 03:06 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
The FIRM: Volume 1 is seriously killer.

I've only done it once and the floorwork gave me a major flare up of my pelvic pain issues that lasted 6 months!

Never again!
Yeah, I am in complete agreement!! I’m still sore!!

Tags
ballet beautiful, essentrics, firm volume 1, floor work, floorwork