Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-01-22, 08:49 AM  
kat999

Random rave: Ellen Barrett Live Peace, Love, and Cardio

I love Ellen Barrett but never had this workout before; I somehow missed when her Live DVDs were released after The Studio series, and now I believe they're only on streaming so harder to find physical copies of. I managed to snag this one at a reasonable price, though, and did it this morning. This is a PERFECT little 30-minute workout with a decent calories-burned-per-minute rate (honestly, it is up there at the high burn rate of some much more intense workouts!). No weights, you don't even really need a mat if you're on carpet or a non-slippery floor, no shoes, nothing, just 30 minutes of a little more cardio-focused, very Ellen-style workout. NOTHING high impact or intensity (there are tiny jumps but you can easily modify down if you feel like it), and the hardest move is a little yoga flow toward the end (that, again, you can modify a little). The only thing I don't always love about Ellen is the emphasis on leaving your arms raised a LOT throughout (especially true in The Studio series), and this one thankfully leaves that out. I also really connected with the workout's theme of peace and love and stress reduction, all delivered kindly and sweetly as is Ellen's trademark. She uses some of her best backgrounders here, too, that you'll recognize from her Studio series and other workouts.

Anyway, just super happy I found this, and if you don't have it and want something that very nicely blends walking with a little bit of ballet and yoga (not as much Pilates here), you'll enjoy this, especially for days when you're short on time. I could honestly also see doing two rounds of this for a real calorie torcher where you need low impact.
Old 10-01-22, 09:13 AM  
bubbles76

Oh I think I have this one! May try this Monday as my knees need a break. Thanks, I have been looking for a workout that fits this description.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 11:53 AM  
imhere2dance

I only have a few of Ellen's DVDs, but I like this one best. 30 minutes and not getting down the on the floor = perfection (well, IMO). lol
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 01:09 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Pretty sure I have this one - if not I'll check it out on her streaming site.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 02:13 PM  
DD546

This is one of my favorite Ellen's too!
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 09:40 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I just bought it!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-22, 03:48 AM  
Negin

It's on her streaming site. Hers is the only one that I subscribe to, and I love it. The price has gone up slightly, but I believe that it's the most cost-effective of all. I love Ellen.
Old 10-02-22, 08:15 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I agree about her streaming service, it's very cost effective for the amount of older workouts and new workouts that she produces. Even the shorter 15-20 mins ones are sneakily challenging, I often do them on the weekends just so I do something.

PLC has always been a favorite of mine, it's totally doable with good music and variety. Putting on the list to do this week!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-22, 10:14 AM  
donnamp

I love Ellen and her streaming site. I appreciate that she has kept it very affordable.

She must have been reading this post b/c tomorrow, on her "weekly inspiration board" she scheduled Peace, Love & Cardio.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-22, 11:25 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
She must have been reading this post b/c tomorrow, on her "weekly inspiration board" she scheduled Peace, Love & Cardio.
Aw! That's so great!

I did her SELF Bikini Body Ready workout today just to keep the Ellen love going. Another good one that includes a lot of moves that she later incorporates into other workouts in different ways.

Tags
ellen barrett, ellen barrett streaming, fusion