Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-22, 03:49 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Love the Fall Season!!!

1. Rest Day
2. Cathe LITE Upper Body Stacked Sets
3. Cathe LITE Lower Body Stacked Sets; Jane Adams Yoga for Beginners (Lying practice)
4. Cathe LITE Pyramid Pump (Upper Body); Jane Adams Yoga for Beginners (Upper Body Strength & Flexibility)
5. Cathe LITE Pyramid Pump (Lower Body); David-Dorian Ross Tai Chi Fit for Women
6. Hike & gardening/weeding
7. Cathe LITE Body Weight & Bands; David-Dorian Ross Tai Chi Fit for Cancer Prevention and Healing
8. Rest Day
9. Cathe Perfect Pump (Upper Body); David-Dorian Ross Tai Chi Fit to Go (workout one)
10. Cathe LITE Body Weight & Bands
11. Unplanned Rest Day
12. Cathe LITE Metabolic Blast; Cain Carroll Heal Neck and Shoulder Pain (Mobility)
13. David-Dorian Ross Tai Chi Fit Flow; Lee Holden 7 Minutes of Magic (AM/PM extended); Jane Adams Gentle Yoga (Morning Energy)
14. Cathe LITE PHA2; Jane Adams Gentle Yoga (Standing Flow)
15. Jane Adams Gentle Yoga (Upper Body); Lee Holden Qi Gong for Upper Back and Neck Pain; Rodney Yee Back Care Yoga
16. Rest Day
17. Cathe LITE Body Weight & Bands; David-Dorian Ross 5 Day Tai Chi Fit (AM); Scott Cole Discover Tai Chi (AM)
18. Hike
19. Cathe LITE Lower Body Stacked Sets; Scott Cole Discover Tai Chi for Fitness
20. Hike
21. Day Trip (lots of walking around town to see 1st & 2nd period houses)
22. Rest Day
23. Scott Cole Discover Tai Chi for Back Care; Jane Adams Gentle Yoga (Lying Practice)
24. Scott Cole Chi Kung Wake Up Call; Scott Cole Discover Tai Chi (PM)
25. Scott Cole Discover Tai Chi for Beginners; Curtis Adams Tai Chi
26. Cathe LITE Upper Body Stacked Sets
27. Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge (Days 1-5) plus Day Trip
28. Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge (Day 6); Dalen Spratt iFIT treadmill (Spirit of Salem)
29. Rest Day...guests visiting!
30. Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge (Day 7-10); David-Dorian Tai Chi Fit to Go (workout two)
31. Cathe LITE Upper Body Stacked Sets; Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge (Days 11-14)

Number of workouts by instructor
Cathe 13/31
Jane 6/31
David-Dorian 6/31
Scott 6/31
Lee 6/31
Rodney 1/31
Cain 1/31
Curtis 1/31
Dalen 1/31

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 01:08 AM  
bex

✨✨October 2022✨✨

1 - Vytas's Find Your Practice Alignment 1. This is a week long holiday in China, so we're doing a virtual yoga retreat - 1 hour every morning. I'm excited about using the opportunity to try out some other instructors and see how people like them. I really enjoyed all the extremely detailed form pointers from Vytas. Stephan said, "I just discovered I've been doing everything wrong for 3 months". Ann is a die-hard Travis fan but she appreciates mixing it up a little.
2 - Rest. Yup, that's right. I overslept the group yoga and never managed to get myself on the mat. I'm so happy they managed without me, putting together 2 30-min Travis practices from YouTube. So our group practice has a life of its own.
3 - YW365 The Gathering. I haven't done this one in ages, and I wanted to introduce Rudy to the group. As it turns out, this might not have been the best choice. Because it's the first one, he talks even more than usual, which is hard for Ann to follow. And the lighting isn't great. If they agree I'll try another one from YW365 later. pm Heather Robertson's Glow Up Day 1 Full Body HIIT, Travis's Empower Day 17 Strong Core. Trying to get my cardio capacity back. That's definitely the one area yoga doesn't cover (as much). I was sucking wind through the HIIT and had to insert a few extra pauses, but Heather is better for me right now than Caroline. It was good to try the core practice to see if it would fit my yoga group. It's a solid intermediate, so was a little challenging for me after a full body workout that definitely involved core as well, but do-able.
4 - Travis's F&B Fountain of Youth. I was looking forward to relaxing into the long holds and then this practice was a little more dynamic. But as always I felt better afterwards. I try to remind myself that whatever practice I just did is the right practice for me.
5 - Travis's UY Crosstrain. Poor Ann was suffering silently as I tried other instructors on the group so I took pity on her and went back to her fave. Crosstrain is always a great practice and I'm getting to the point where I can focus on some of the more subtle points of alignment. Maintaining the breathing through the cardio-heavy flow is still hard but I'm getting there.
6 - Travis's UY Balance. I really didn't enjoy the practice today. Because balance is just hard and it activates my inner 5 year old who pipes up with "I don' wanna do this!" When we finished the standing poses and Travis led the class into boat pose, plow and shoulder stand, I went straight into savasana. Hey, I was on the mat.
7 - Travis's UY Flexibility. This felt awesome today. I can feel how my body is opening up, and feeling myself sink lower into a pose that I couldn't do before is just great.
8 - Travis's UY Vitality. So grateful for my yoga group. I woke up and really didn't feel like hitting the mat. But since I had no choice, I joined the online group and pushed play. Of course I ended up loving it, and even managed a better version of full wheel pose. Just keep showing up.
9 - Travis's UY Gentle. I'd probably never reach for this practice on my own. I'm too Type A, push for results. Power yoga yeah. Get more flexible, try Yin! But this, this I wouldn't do. So once again I'm grateful to my group to make me slow down and appreciate a practice with its own unique benefits.
10 - Travis's Short & Sweet 2. Once again I woke up into 'I don' wanna' but then I remembered I'd scheduled this practice, which is one of my faves. When the first forearm plank hit, boom I'm awake! For Travis, I'll even do the bicycle crunches.
11 - Travis's 30for30 Edge. This is probably the most gratifying practice, because each time I do it, I can feel how much stronger my UB is getting. This week seems to be just the girls - Ann, Sophie & me, but we're planning a live class together on Saturday.
12 - Travis's 30for30 Chi Flow. I was totally not in the groove today, was so tempted to leave the practice running for Ann and go and get some coffee. But I stuck in there, did my best and felt better that I'd stayed. Afterwards Ann said she didn't feel like it today either, but she came because I was there. Stronger together, that's for sure.
13 - Travis's UY 36 Sun Salutations, Empowered Day 17 Strong Core. Today I found the 36 sun sals a really peaceful meditative practice. Much as I appreciate yoga instructors form pointers, it's also nice to just follow the drumbbeat and move thorough the cycles. Sophie mentioned she could keep going and I said we could do 72 sun sals next time!
14 - Travis's Fierce Compassion (YT). I keep forgetting that this one is deceptively tough, with crow pose, dancer pose and some tough side balances. I just did the best I could and tried not to mind what's still out of reach.
15 - Live Yoga Class! Today was the 199th day of our practice, so we celebrated with a private group session at a studio. Really enjoyed being with the group in person, and we've picked up a few more members. So proud of myself when I absolutely nailed Half Moon pose! The instructor corrections were really helpful and now I think I'm going to have to add in a live class at least a few times a month so I can get that kind of feedback.
16 - Travis's F&B Bliss. What an aptly named session. My shoulders feel so open, it's just amazing.
17 - Travis's Short & Sweet 3. I don't drip sweat during this practice any more, so I must be getting stronger. And I almost made it through the Warrior 3 poses without falling over. Today Farah joined (who came to the live event as her first time) and Stephan and Nicolas, so we were 6! A new record!
18 - Travis's Strong & Graceful (YT). My mind was soo not in it today but I moved my body through poses. Some days it's just that way.
19 - Travis's Power Yoga Archer (30 min) (YT). This was easier than I expected, which both Ann and I appreciated. Sometimes a gentle practice is just fine. I noticed that Travis has 2 Archer practices out there, one is 30 mins and one is 45 mins. Now I'm curious to try the longer one.
20 - Lauren's 30for30 Stamina. This is definitely my favorite of Lauren's workouts - maybe because it's the sweatiest. We all noticed this morning how this practice used to be so strong but now it's just a regular one. The balance sequence continues to challenge me but in a good way. I'm doing better but can see there's still more progress to be made.
21 - Rudy Mettia's 30 Min Shoulder Flow. This is a Level one class but soo good for opening my shoulders. The opening stretch alone is something I'm going to add in to my daily life. Unfortunately Ann just can't with Rudy's flow of words first thing in the morning, so I won't schedule him in too often for our group.
22 - Vytas' FYP Stretch 1. I love Vytas every once in a while for all the alignment correction. And the long held poses made it feel almost yin-like.
23 - Travis's Yoga Evolution (YT). It's been a long time since I've done this practice, and the more I dial in, the more challenging it gets. But afterwards I can feel my whole body is alive! Absolutely loved it.
24 - Travis's Short & Sweet 2. I think a miracle has occurred. I didn't mind the bicycle crunches at the end of this one, and I actually could feel my core anchoring me down to the ground the way my long-ago Pilates instructor told me it should. Can't wait to see what changes the next 200 practices bring.
25 - Travis's Power Yoga Energized (YT). The joke's on me today. I picked a random YT practice of Travis leading from his backyard - and discovered it's *exactly* the same flow as Short & Sweet 2. And nope, today I skipped the bicycles. Twice in a row is a bit much.
26 - Travis's Power Yoga Flexibility (YT). My mind was elsewhere but my body moved through the vinyasas, and it made me feel better.
27 - Travis's Power Yoga Balance (YT). When we started I really didn't want to do anything challenging today, so I skipped a few of the tougher poses (Archer, Dancer). But I actually did more than I thought I would.
28 - Travis's 30for30 Edge. It's funny how much my experience of the practice varies from day to day. Today I was really dialed into my body and enjoying the feeling of strength as I moved smoothly into poses that used to make me struggle. As I dripped sweat I could feel my mood lifting. Grateful for my friends who bring me to practice every day, and grateful to my body for growing and adapting.
29 - Travis's UY Vitality. Loved the practice today, and afterwards my back feels amazing! A funny thing happened during my daily bike to work yesterday. I suddenly discovered that I can ride no-handed. I mean, not forever but for much longer than just lifting my hands off the handlebars. I don't know how that's linked to my practice, but it clearly is.
30 - Travis' Flexibility & Beyond Spine. This Yin practice has some lovely new poses. Will definitely do this one again.
31 - Travis's 30for30 Even Flow. After practicing for so long, this one feels like an old friend. I no longer break a sweat or struggle with the poses, just feel my body awakening and stretching, ready to meet the day.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-22, 10:07 AM  
Dancing Queen

Post Rockin' in October!

Cardio Total: 24.2 min/day (last month 28.7 min/day; PR = 55.4 May '20)
Strength Total: 6.1 min/day (last month 9.6 min/day; PR = 21.1 Jul '22)
Yoga/Meditation Total: 20.1 min/day (last month 19.6 min/day; PR = 47.7 Mar '20)

Word for the Year: FUN!

Monthly Focus: MOVEMENT Breaks

1 4 min PT, 17 min meditation
2 Gina B. 10-Minute Latin Walkouts (Warmup, Cha Cha, Merengue, Cool Down), 10 min PT, Jessica Total Stretch (Dynamic Stretch), 10 min meditation
3 4 min PT, 12 min meditation
4 49 min outdoor walking, 4 min PT, 9 min meditation
5 18 min outdoor walking, 4 min PT, 10 min meditation
6 4 min PT, 8 min meditation
7 10 min outdoor walking, 4 min PT, 10 min meditation
8 10 min PT, 17 min meditation
9 Body Groove Elevate Your Fitness (Week 8 - Day 2), 10 min PT, Jessica Yoga Stretch (Relaxing), 10 min meditation
10 Gina B. Total Body Circuit (Upper Body), 4 min PT, 11 min meditation
11 Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Arkansas), 10 min PT, Jessica Yoga Stretch (Energizing Flow), 11 min meditation
12 Gina B. Total Body Circuit (Lower Body), 4 min PT, 11 min meditation
13 46 min outdoor walking, 4 min PT, 12 min meditation
14 4 min PT, 10 min meditation
15 Gina B. Total Body Circuit (Total Body), 4 min PT, 18 min meditation
16 Body Groove Elevate Your Fitness (Week 6 - Day 1), 4 min PT, Maya Fiennes Yoga for Real Beauty, 11 min meditation
17 Gina B. Total Body Circuit 2 (Upper Body), 4 min PT, 26 min meditation
18 42 min outdoor walking, 4 min PT, 10 min meditation
19 Gina B. Total Body Circuit 2 (Lower Body), 4 min PT, Movement Genius At Your Desk (Hip Opener), 29 min meditation
20 33 min outdoor walking, 4 min PT, 25 min meditation
21 Movement Genius 10 Minute Standing Flow, 10 Minute Stretch to Unwind - Lying Down, 4 min PT, 10 min meditation
22 4 min PT, 22 min meditation
23 Body Groove Elevate Your Fitness (Week 7 - Day 1), 10 min PT, Journey to Your Core Strength, 8 min meditation
24 Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Louisiana), 4 min PT, Movement Genius Daily Toolkit (Shake Off Your Stress), 12 min meditation
25 34 min outdoor walking, 4 min PT, 9 min meditation
26 Body Groove Elevate Your Fitness (Week 12 - Day 2), Classical Stretch 6.01 (Shoulder and Stress Relief), 4 min PT, 10 min meditation
27 38 min outdoor walking, 4 min PT, Movement Genius Daily Toolkit (Progressive Muscle Relaxation), 19 min meditation
28 48 min water aerobics, min PT, 10 min meditation
29 Gina B. Total Body Circuit (Total Body), 4 min PT, 17 min meditation
30 Body Groove Elevate Your Fitness (Week 10 - Day 1), Gina B. Total Body Circuit (Standing Abs), 4 min PT, 11 min meditation
31 Body Groove 2-Week Turnaround (Day 1 - 5 Minute Workout, Day 2 - 5 Minute Workout, Day 3 - 5 Minute Workout, Day 5 - 5 Minute Workout, Day 6 - 5 Minute Workout), 4 min PT, Body Groove 2-Week Turnaround (Day 4 - 5 Minute Workout), 22 min meditation
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-22, 10:06 AM  
firmiewannabe

October!! I'm entering month 2 of my new job combined with a new exercise before work routine! I did well the 1st month and will continue the routine. Goal is to dust off my FIRM workouts 5 days during the work week then free time on weekends for hiking exploring the beautiful Fall colors at local parks.

1. Hiking
2. Hiking
3. FIRM BSS1 Cardio Sculpt
4. FIRM BSS2 Maximum Cardio Burn, 30min walk, Jessica Smith Total Stretch Deep Stretch
5. FIRM Maximum Body Shaping
6. FIRM BSS4 Aerobic Body Shaping
7. FIRM Hard Core Fusion, Jessica Smith Total Stretch
8. Hiking
9. Hiking
10. FIRM BSS3 Total Muscle Shaping, walk
11. FIRM BSS2 Total Sculpt, walk
12. Petra Kolber Bootcamp Boogie
13. FIRM Jiggle Free Arms, Jessica Smith 1 mile Power Walk
14. FIRM BSS3 Complete Body Sculpting
15. Hiking
16. walk
17. FIRM BSS1 Cardio Sculpt
18. FIRM BSS4 Supercharged Sculpting, Jessica Smith 1 mile Power Walk
19. Petra Kolber 321 Dance, Tamilee stretch
20. FIRM BSS3 Total Muscle Shaping, walk
21. FIRM Maximum Body Shaping, walk
22-29 on vacation lots of hiking/walks
30. walk, Cathe Perfect flow mobility
31. FIRM BSS3 Total Muscle Shaping, walk
firmiewannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-22, 10:49 AM  
AnMrsDe

Good to see you all in October! (Still missing some MIA's....hoping they'll pop in yet)...

Finally feeling a little better today. Man, whatever this sickness is, it has taken a beating on me!! Thankfully, DH & I both tested negative but I swear whatever this is has to be just as bad as COVID!! I so afraid my mom will get it but I am double masking and wearing gloves every time when around her.

ASAS, hope you don't have this nasty stuff too! Take care of your cold!

firmiewannabe, great to see your return to the JTW crew!!! So far so good on your October goal!

bex, I need to try UY Balance again to see if I still hate it as much now!! 60 min. is just toooo long for that class!! Great job as usual with your yoga advancements. You are an inspiration to so many!

T2B, I'm so excited for Cathe's new set too! I don't have any disappointment knowing I won't be able to lift as heavy as her and Al, LOL, but just like in STS, I'll make it work for me. For any additional equipment, I will need a foam roller for the recovery workouts....at least that's not too expensive. Hopefully I can find that at TJ Maxx.

Great job so far, everyone! Enjoy this beautiful time of Year!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-22, 12:58 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

AMD, I am glad to hear you are feeling better today, and that you and your DH both tested negative to Covid. Mine started with a sore throat Sunday night, next day when I woke I was feeling bad so, I started using the Betadine spray I got last time immediately, also a soup spoon of honey mixed with some drops of lemon juice a few times a day has helped a lot. Praying your mom will not catch that nasty cold, take care!

ETA: I have all the fitness toys for STS 2 so far!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-22, 10:37 AM  
AnMrsDe

Looking for something else in my upstairs coat closet, I found a foam roller I had used for my PF!!! I forgot all about it! It has grooves but I think it'll be ok to use for STS 2, yay!

Thanks, ASAS! Feeling somewhat better today...I, too, used a Chloraseptic throat spray for my sore throat which did help and then it turned into a runny nose and now a deep cough. Thanks so much for the prayers that my mom doesn't get it!

TGIF!! I NEED the weekend to relax and rest up!!!
Old 10-07-22, 03:20 PM  
T2B

AMD - glad to hear that you’re feeling a little better and that it’s not COVID. I knew you’d do everything possible to keep your mom safe. Ragweed is high, which is what bothers me which presents sometimes as a bad cold. (Mind you, I haven’t been outside lately, hanging out in the elements), I have learned to stay away inside when ragweed is high. I keep hearing that flu will be bad this year and who knows if Covid will boomerang and we have high cases again. I need to schedule a booster, it’s been almost a year since my last shot.

I love Cathe’s new set. I love Cathe’s tights, however, they would not look good on me. I bought a foam roller from Amazon a few months ago. I got one with a Beachbody (too thin, too short) set but it was way too much work to move around on, so I bought one that is the same dimensions as Cathe’s foam roller. I may buy a barbell pad for hip lifts, a step mat, the pull up door attachment and the bands that is being used in the new set. My bands are too short to do some of Cathe’s tricep exercises. Ha. You’re very strong so you could probably match Cathe & Al. Love that Al is back, sad Jai isn’t and glad to see Brenda. I like seeing familiar faces. I always thought Kristin had great form in Cathe’s Live workouts. There’s also a blond lady in the back of the room that looks very fit and has great form too, in some of the CLs.

ASAS - Glad you’re feeling better, too. I bought some Tae Bo workouts that I didn’t have, from eBay. From Mary’s sale, I bought the Travis workouts, Vytas, Rudy and 1 other yoga workout. Bex has inspired me to really want to give yoga an honest shot, again, lol, especially when I read that newbie’s to her community are enjoying their daily practice. I hope it takes this time. I’ve been working on my next rotation and made a note to schedule a yoga/stretch/mobility day into the schedule. Mary’s overstock sale was too good to not take advantage. I also picked up a couple of Petra workouts.

Waves!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-22, 12:20 AM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
bex, I need to try UY Balance again to see if I still hate it as much now!! 60 min. is just toooo long for that class!! Great job as usual with your yoga advancements. You are an inspiration to so many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
Bex has inspired me to really want to give yoga an honest shot, again, lol, especially when I read that newbie’s to her community are enjoying their daily practice. I hope it takes this time.
Wow, thank you so much AnMrsDe and T2B! I'm really moved to hear that I can inspire others. My yoga posse is the best thing to come out of the Shanghai lockdown, and I love to think that the ripples reach outwards as well.

AnMrsDe and AsSweetAsSugar, I hope you both recover soon. I'm always impressed by the creativity you both bring to using and adapting all kinds of workouts.

T2B I also got those yoga DVDs in Mary's sale. Always gotta have new practices to try! Hope you can find your groove. I have to say our regulars drop in and out but there's also a whole bunch who've tried it once and never return.

Everyone - I don't always comment but I do read what you're doing and your program inspires me as well.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-22, 02:14 PM  
AnMrsDe

T2B and Bex, awwe, thanks so much! T2B, stay inside with the high ragweed levels!! (But it IS a Gorgeous day today out there and it was killing me not to be able to walk last week due to being sick!) I hope this week will be different with the antibiotic.

Bex, I definitely do love to make my workouts my own!! No qualms in using the BOSU instead of the step...easier on joints too! I really haven't had to change up a whole lot when it comes to TxD workouts, however. He and I are a pretty good team! Of course, I'm partial to the rotation that has allowed me to lose (a good amount) of weight which has been my nemesis for 3+ years!!! [Minus the nutrition approach, as well as adding back in walking again after my PF calamity].

ETA: I did not buy anything from Mary's sale...even paying $1-5 for a dvd, I knew I would not get my $$ worth since they would just end up sitting on my shelves alongside all my other neglected dvd's!! Besides, I need to save my pennies for Cathe's set. But you guys got some good deals, there, cause I know you all will use them!!

~~~WAVES~~~Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Tags
just the workouts