Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-22, 10:16 AM  
AnMrsDe

Arrow Just The Workouts~~SEPTEMBER, 2022~~*Everyone is Welcome!*~~

September, 2022

Goal: listening to my body and taking some recovery days to start out September!

Recovery days:
1 - Cathe P30 (Mobility); YT (Power Yoga INTENTION Day 1 - EMPOWERED 30 Day Yoga Journey =27 min.) This class was taken from Travis' new EMPOWERED SERIES he's sharing on YT. A well rounded easier class which was perfect for a recovery day.
2 - 4.01 Mile Walk; YT Lauren's (30 Min Power Yoga "I Don't Want To Practice"); Mady's (Stretches for Lower Back Pain Relief (SFLBPR); Mady's (BPR) I tried to go at a slower pace on my walk. Lauren's class took a little more effort than the title implies...I would've liked a class that had me lying on my back stretching from start to finish. I had to share my yoga mat with my kitty today...I could tell he's feeling much better these days wanting some lovin' from his mamma!
3 - YT (Power Yoga LEVITY Day 3 - EMPOWERED 30 Day Yoga Journey =28 min.); Mady's (BPR); 75 Min. Yard Work @ DS'; 2.33 Mile Walk (slow, easy walk) This class had a great flow with lots of twists and I even broke a sweat despite being an easier practice. Instead of twisting triangle pose (lower back protests), I did twisting half moon (not knowing he includes it right after twisting triangle, so double the bonus!). Something about lifting that back leg and not being grounded feels so much better for my lower back! The yard work went quick since DS was available to help.
4 - Rest Day

This month I am planning on starting YT Tiff x Dan's SHRED II Program but skipping his cardio and inserting my speed walks, the occasional Yvette and yoga/mobility. I am also including some short booty exercises during the week, as I literally 'walked off my booty' with all my walks these past 3 months! Looking forward to hang with Dan again! I also may be inserting more rest days during the month and will listen to my body’s demands!

WEEK 1
5 - 3.73 Mile Walk; TxD’s 6 WEEK SHRED II PROGRAM Day 1: 5 Min. Express Abs Workout; BBL (High & Tight - floor work with bands); Mady's (BPR) I got blindsided again by a big dog on my walk! What is it that I am such a magnet to these big dogs?? His owner was close by but didn't have him on a leash and still managed to have his dog jumping all around me (not on me thankfully!) but I was so afraid he was going to bite me or knock me down and annoyed me to no end and of course, no apology. Why can't these ppl train their dogs and what's more, have them on a leash??? I cut my walk short and turned around and went back the other way just to get away from him!! Dan put me in a good mood once I got back UNTIL I heard the music...NO...not the whistling song again!! :/ So the mute button was quickly pushed as I played my iTunes music, ha. Some exercises are lying on the back and some are in plank position...nothing too strenuous. I forgot all about H&T's floor work! I used my heavy FW band above my knees -- that is one tough segment! (Of course this was muted too--can't stomach Leandro--put the CC on and my iTunes playing!). Mady's stretch felt great to stretch out my lower body. Felt so good to get back to it today even with all the hiccups!! 566 cal burn
6 - Yvette (w/u); Day 3 (30 Min. Chest & Triceps Workout/BW & DB's =36 min.); YT (15 Min. Yin Yoga "Neck, Shoulders, & Arms" w/ Travis) It felt so good to get back to weights and I loved this chest & tricep workout. Format is :40/:20 with weighted chest, weighted triceps work and chest/tricep push-up variations with a finisher of more p/u variations. I usually managed 12-20 reps depending on the exercise. I used 12's, 15's, and 20# and my arms were shaking when finished. Glad to see Dan add some stretching at the end, hopefully this will be the norm in this program. I prefer his hair to be tied back in a ponytail though, as it seemed he was fiddling with it a lot...probably bothered me more than him though! Travis' class was an awesome stretch for my upper body and really stretched out the arms after being worked. There's very few classes where Travis does mobility exercises for neck, wrists, etc...really nice. (At least I haven't come across many). 255 cal burn
7 - 4.0 Mile Walk; Winsor Buns & Thighs; Mady's (BPR); Mow Max (2 mile walk; 2 hours) Man, I had super sore triceps all day today!! I walked in a different neighborhood with no loose dogs today but my walks are so enjoyable from being absent so long, I really don't mind even with all the dog occurrences...although no one can say my walks are boring, LOLOL! It's been a year or so since I've done B&T...today I added on a FW band during the Fetal Thigh segment which added a nice touch (burn?). This weather is spectacular! 496 cal burn
8 - Yvette Fit (w/u); Day 4 (30 Min. Superset Leg Day Workout @ Home =36 min.); Yvette Fit #202 (70 Min. BOSU/KB/Weights Workout =stopping at 52 min. mark); Mady's (BPR); Mady's (SFLBPR) Leg day Format is Supersets with :40 work x 2, :30 rest b/t supersets. I didn't care for this workout...I mean, how many variations of squats, lunges and RDL's does one need to do?? The yoga block elevation for the front foot really concerned me...what if my foot fell off and my ankle got twisted? Yikes, I just used a plate from my BB. I probably completed 2 sets of the RDL's then I inserted 30# hip thrusts, banded clam work and standing barre work. I joined in again with the sumo squats and goblet squats. Another strike against this one is that it didn’t have a countdown clock which I desperately missed! I added on Yvette's BOSU workout to get some FUN leg work! Favorited for its' exceptional balance work!!! Also lots of burpees but I loved it and this one has great music! She listened when I suggested more balance work, yay!! Some new moves using the BOSU too. I stopped at the 52 min. mark where she does weighted UB using KB and DB's, so I got around 43 min. to add on to Dan's workout. LONG workout today: 112 min.; 647 cal burn. Turned out to be a great leg day after all!
9 - 3.68 Mile Walk; Cathe P30 (Mobility) 453 cal burn
10- Yvette (w/u); Day 5 (8 Min. Abs); Day 6 (30 Min. Back & Biceps Workout =36min.); Caroline Girvan (20 Min. INTENSE Glute Workout @ Home with Resistance Band =27 min.); Mady's (SFLBPR) I really liked this Back & Bi's workout...format is :30/:15 with 10 wtd. bicep exercises then 10 wtd. back exercises, then 10 exercises for a back/bicep combination with a finisher of Makers...I got in 6; Dan gets in 8, I believe. I used 12's, 15's, 25 & 30# with 2# wrist weights. I added 30# hip thrusts in place of some RDL's. Liked all the exercises mostly and was a great burner! Added on Caroline's Glute w/o to add another booty workout this week..I started out using Cathe's green med. fabric band then tried my pink band...couldn't decided which to use, so I used both! :O She starts off with floor work of hip abductions/bridge variations then moves to her chair and includes hip thrust variations. That is when one of my bands came off. Holy! Then she finishes with squat variations. A great booty finisher! (This one should have said 30 min. instead of 20 min., as it was closer to 30 min.!) 358 cal burn
11- Rest Day

WEEK 2
12- Yvette (w/u); Day 7 (30 Min. BUILD & BURN DB Drop Set Workout =36 min.); 2 Mile Intervals on TM; Mady's (BPR) This workout is a good one for muscle endurance. It consists of a LB segment, abs, then UB segment, and finisher. The exercises in LB include 2 DB's, 1 DB, and BW, thus the "Drop Set" idea. The UB included both DB's for all, minus the tricep exercises...I was thinking it would have the same idea but it didn't. It seemed a little awkward having to put one weight down and getting in position during the LB exercises since there's not any rest times and sometimes I missed a rep or two. But in general, I liked the idea but it had a different design than what I normally term "Drop Set" with the weights to mean. It was raining outside, so I combined my walk with tomorrow’s workout since I'm not sure I'll get anything in or not tomorrow. I hadn't done this particular TM interval workout for quite a while and it just sailed by! 510 cal burn
13- Mow Max - (2 mile walk) I am back to helping watch babies in the church nursery on some Tuesdays since Covid. Today was the first day…we only had 4 and they were all well behaved and we got 3 asleep at once which was nice. I hope it’ll always be like this! Felt so good to see everyone again and I even got some “oh, you’ve lost weight!” comments, LOL. So nice to get my ‘baby fix’ today!
14- 3.60 Mile Walk; Michelle Briehler (16 Min. Booty Band Workout/Build Stronger Glutes/Knee Friendly No Jumping); Mady's (SFLBPR) Beautiful day for a walk and did the hilly route. I loved Michelle's latest booty band workout! Format is :40/:15 with 2 rounds of the same 8 exercises using a FW/latex band around ankles, calves & above knees. I loved the squat while raising heels and pulsing knees in/out and even the pizza presses didn't cause a dread since they were spaced apart. ;0) I was using my heaviest FW band which was plenty after my walk. I missed Michelle! 539 cal burn
15- Yvette (w/u); Day 10 (30 Min. Complete UB Workout @ Home w/ Wts =34 min.); Day 8 (5 Min. Love Handle Workout/Shredded Obliques); stretch; 5 hrs @ DS’/Yard Work, Cleaning This workout of Dan's is definitely one of my favorites so far. It seemed really metabolic with the faster pace (esp. at the beginning but he does slow down as it progresses) and is a solid workout. Format is :30/:10; 5 rounds/5 exercises repeated once for each muscle group with usually 10-12+ reps with very little rest time. Used 2# wrist weights with mostly 12's & 15's#. Yes this one has the annoying song in it, so I had to turn the volume way down and play my music but the format makes up for it! Added the 5 min. abs which target obliques. 282 cal burn I will be sitting on the couch tonite...super tired from all the functional fitness today!! Btw, DS did not ask me to clean; I thought I'd surprise him with a clean condo when he returns from his weekend away. :0)
16- 3.16 Mile Walk (new PR 5K time!); Cathe P30 (Mobility) For not wanting to get out there at all and the tiredness from last night, I had a great walk and a new PR 5K time=41:33 (-:22)! I thought I'd just do a 2 mile walk but my energy came thru and the endorphins shone brightly! During Cathe's "Trace the Rainbow", I really noticed my sore pecs from yesterday's workout. Felt so good to stretch today! 496 cal burn
17- Heather Robertson (Glute Activation & LB Strength=42 min.); Michelle Briehler (Leg & Booty Workout/Band & Wts/Bonus Leg Burner=36 min.); YT (Yin Yoga A HEALTHY BACK/Day 7 EMPOWERED =27 min.) Dan's Day 11 included Lower Body Cardio HiiT work and since I'm getting in my speed walks in place of his cardio, I opted to turn to my YT queens for lower body work! Great choices I might add, as I LOVED these two workouts for a fantastic LB combo to concentrate on booty work! HR's format is :40/:10 for Round 1 of glute activation exercises (and I used my pink fabric band; HR doesn't use any). Then for the next 4 LB circuits, she uses weights working LB with 1 cardio leg exercise at the end of each circuit with a :40/:20 format. Loved the sequence of this workout and loved working out with Heather's awesome focus on form. Missed her too! Adding on Michelle's workout was the icing on the cake...I had done this one before and knew it was such a goody! She uses the fabric band above her knees and does some weight work for legs standing and on the mat. Michelle takes her loop off for the bonus leg burner at the end but I kept on mine. It consisted of some cardio moves as a finisher. Awesome LB workout combo today!! Travis' class was great for stretching out the back with a couple mobility exercises. Includes supported bridge which I love, spinal twists with cat pulling tail pose, but I added on Happy Baby before Shavasana. Ahhh. Feeling great! 433 cal burn
18- Rest Day

WEEK 3
19- 4.55 Mile Walk; Mady’s (BPR); Mady’s (SFLBPR) Great walk although my HRM strap kept falling down, so I was fiddling with that a lot! This has happened about the 3rd time in the last two months but no complaints here. I just tighten it more and more! 529 cal burn
20- Mow Max (1 hour-2 mile walk) High temp record today: 97*! Didn't feel that warm yet mowing...
21- Yvette (w/u); Day 13 (30 Min. Slow & Controlled DB ARM Workout-Bi's, Tri's, & Shoulders= 36 min.); Day 12 (10 Min. KILLER Abs-No Equipment needed= 11 min.); YT (Full Length Pilates Workout; Brazilian Butt Workout from Pilates by Lisa Online Studio=16 min.); Mady's (BPR) I loved this workout!! Format is :40/:20 with 5 exercises for shoulders, 5 for bi's, 5 for tri's, then repeat sequence with different exercises for each muscle group then a finisher of 1 exercise for bi's, tri's and shoulders :30 each. Hard to go heavy as the pace is slower. I had my 2# wrist weights on and used a slew of poundages: 5's, 8's, 10's, 12's, 15's, & 20. GREAT ARMS workout and may even rival Body Beast Arms for me!!! The ab workout was good too...basic exercises lying on your back for 1/2 then plank variations to end. What makes this more challenging is the little rest time with the format :30/:05. Moves are pretty easy otherwise. Found this PBL workout on YT - I'm sure this is an easier class for her- some moves done on back with leg/booty lifts, some moves lying on stomach, then on all 4's with leg lifts to end. In hindsight, I should've worn my ankle weights. Easier but was a good booty focused add-on. Great workout today! 300 cal burn with 65 min. in FB zone!
22- 3.30 Mile Walk; YT (Yin Yoga HIP FLEXIBILITY Day 4 EMPOWERED - Travis = 27 min.) Good walk - much cooler now with the cold front passing thru. I passed a lady with her winter coat/hood on during my walk!! Waayy too soon for that! I wore just a long sleeve shirt/capris and it was perfect! NICE Yin class for hips; uses a block and bolster. Hips feel much better after my walk. 378 cal burn
23- Yvette (w/u); Day 14 (30 Min. TB BUILD & BURN Drop Set DB Workout = 36 min.); Day 15 (5 Min. BRUTAL Ab workout - Quick & Effective); Cathe P30 (Mobility); Mady's (BPR) This Drop Set w/o had the same format as his previous Drop Set w/o. Uses 2 DB's for an exercise; then 1 DB for same exercise, then BW for same exercise, etc. I seemed to really like this format now that I'm familiar with it and I got all the reps in this time. Could also be that I liked the LB exercises a lot more than Day 7. Like the previous Drop Set workout, it seems more of a maintenance routine than a building routine but there again, I wasn't going as heavy as Dan either. ;0) Very effective/non-dread with the lower body done first, then abs in the middle, then upper body and the finisher to make it truly total body. The abs were good but I wouldn't term them "brutal"...but could be my core is getting stronger (I KNOW it is, actually!). Lots of core work today! 320 cal burn
24- Yvette Fit #204 (60 Min. Moderate Impact Kickboxing/KB Combos); Heather Robertson (15 Min. Booty Band Workout For STRONG Glutes=16 min.); Mady's (SFLBPR) Yvette's class had a good focus on legs, as I needed some extra leg work and when she did an UB exercise with the KB, I did a LB exercise but she mostly kept it lower body focused. I had lower energy today but it was mostly lower impact..just a few high impact moves. I used a 25# KB and wrist weights for all. LOVED the FW band work at the end...especially the BACKWARD walking with the band!!! (Backward walking supposedly improves short term memory and physically improves quad and calf strength to reduce knee pain as well). Thus, I need to do more backward walking!!!! So thrilled to see that in a Yvette workout!! HR's class was awesome! It's an oldie (from 2018) and I don't know how I skipped over it as it was such a great booty/leg add-on using the band (she uses an elastic band but I used my wide pink fabric band above my knees) and got a great LB burn. Format is :20/:00, so no rest times b/t moves so I had to keep looking at the screen. And it was hard to know what to do cause the words were in white on a white background, so I had to mimic HR. I'm glad she now has a dark background! Anyway, great lower body/cardio workout today! 320 cal burn. Side note: I have really sore pecs from yesterday's workout--all the side plank work? P/U's? Chest work? All the above, probably!!
25- Rest Day

WEEK 4
26- 4.12 Mile Walk; Five Parks Yoga (Standing Head to Knee Peak Pose Yoga Class=53 min.) Dressed perfectly for my walk and felt great to breathe in the fresh air! Erin is back from knee surgery with a great yoga class that had it all! Postures, balance, flow and mobility. SO GREAT to see her back (and hear all the noises from the forest in Costa Rica!).
27 - Rest Day
28 - Yvette (w/u); Day 17 (30 Min. Shoulders & Triceps= 36 min.); Day 19 (12 Min. Intense Ab Workout=13 min.); Day 18 (30 Min. Squat & Lunge DB Workout =36 min.); Mady's (BPR) I had lots of energy today after that rest day yesterday! I liked all of these workouts but I made them my own in various ways. For the Sh & Tri workout, I started with the triceps then the shoulders so my triceps were fresh. Sixteen exercises for triceps and then 16 for shoulders paired together in supersets with a :30/:30 format. Finisher was front presses, 45* presses, and overhead presses for :30 each. I used 10's for the first exercises to warm up a bit more then 12's & 15's for the duration. The ab workout was harder than most of his. Mostly floor work for abs but a finisher of mt. climbers. I made his Squat & Lunge workout my own by inserting booty floor work with my fabric band above my knees with clams, hip thrusts, FW walking (laterally and backward), and left it on for some of the weighted leg work and used 20#. My finisher consisted of a few more weighted hip thrusts and then with the band around my calves and feet to the ceiling, I did 100 pulses in/out. FRIED! I think I would've gotten bored with this one done as is as there was a lot of repetition. Glad I can make it my own and got a great workout, actually 4 workouts with the abs and booty exercises included!!! 532 cal burn
29- Michelle Briehler (30 Min. Low Impact Cardio HiiT Workout/Knee Friendly/No Jumping/No Equipment); Kaleigh Cohen Strength (10 Min. Booty Boosting Glute Workout with Resistance Bands); Cathe P30 (Mobility); Mow Max (2 mile walk) Not feeling great today...I think I have DH's bad cold. I tried Michelle's newest...loved it! Ten moves/3 rounds :45/:15 for 1 Round; then 2 rounds with :30/:10 format. Good balance work and perfect for some low impact movement showing all levels to rev it up or make it truly low impact. Kaleigh was a new instructor to me...I liked the workout...very effective with 2 rounds of weighted hip thrusts and 1 round of leg lifts/hydrants and I had my fabric band on for all of it. No beeps so you had to keep looking at the screen, so it didn't matter that I had to mute her...too much chatter! But a great booty add-on. Another beautiful day, but at least I could enjoy being out mowing and running errands. I think my top down days are over, but you never know!
30- Yvette (w/u); Day 20 (30 Min. Push/Pull Workout with DB's/Chest & Back =36 min.); YT (45 Min. Yin Yoga "Super Spine" Class with Travis) I really liked this P/P class even with all the p/u variations! Format is :30/:10 starting with BW work of p/u variations & superman variations for around 10 min. then weighted chest and back work for the duration. Some of the kneeling back rows seemed a little iffy for my back but could've been my form. Not sure I've ever done those before but you need to squeeze back when doing them and in that position, my lower back felt iffy. From there, I just did reg. standing rows. Finisher was cobra p/u's, wide p/u's, and reverse grip p/u's where your hand placement is different. Didn't care for the rev. grip hand placement, as they were not good for my wrists but managed them since there weren't many. I used 12's and 15's# for all and had a great chest/back workout! Added on Travis' Yin class which is the typical yin class holding the poses (too) long, IMHO, and I have to confess I was checking my emails during some of the holds, LOL! Once we got on our backs, he includes supported bridge which always feels great to me and I added Happy Baby and spinal twists to always make it better. Spine/back felt really good and stretched when done!

My minutes were down this month from last (but still more than June/July), probably since my walks weren't as often; 46.48 miles of walks for workouts this month and wasn't experiencing overtraining symptoms. Still too soon to tell if the booty add-ons are making a difference but I'm getting stronger with Dan's workouts with all the BW and weights even if I'm not lifting super heavy - love that! Scale has pretty much plateaued now but no complaints - still down around 18-19# since February! Feel so much better!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-22, 11:17 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

September

1 - Jessica Valant 10 Minute Pilates for Beginners; 2,733 steps.

2 - Restorative Yoga for Breathing and Lungs by Lija Krus Yoga & Wellbeing; 3,066 steps.

3 - GYM for 60 minutes recumbent and light weight machines; 4,408 steps.

4 - PT; GYM for 60 minutes recumbent and light weight machines; 5,176 steps.

5 - Total rest day.

6 - Joelle back pain challenge days 1 and 2 - Yoga for Lower Back Pain and Hips plus Release Your WL; 2,352 steps.

7 - Ellen's Core Walk; 5,112 steps.

8 - Evening walk; GYM for light weight machines; 5,377 steps.

9 - Body Electric 1615 #1; Joelle back pain challenge day 3 - Lower Back Reset; 4,463 steps.

10 - Nothing formal; 3,916 steps.

11 - PT; GYM for one hour recumbent bike, core and weight machines; Joelle Yin Yoga for Beginners; 3,966 steps.

12 - LWR Posture Challenge Day 16; Charlotte's vinyasa class; 5,453 steps.

13 - LWR Posture Challenge Day 17; GYM for 45 minutes treadmill and weight machines, slightly heavier; Kassandra's new Nervous System Reset; 5,312 steps.

14 - Element Pilates Mini Ball workout 1; YogiBethC's Yin Yoga for Hips; 4,404 steps.

15 - LWR Posture Challenge Day 18; Ellen's Ballet Sculpt with Weights; Joelle's Lower Back Pain Relief (labeled "Reframe"); 4,022 steps.

16 - LWR Posture Challenge Day 19; Jane Fonda's Walk Out workout 1; my own stretch sequence; 6,791 steps.

17 - One mile walk at osprey trail; Kassandra's 30 Minute Reclined Yin Yoga; 7,214 steps.

18 - 30 minute walk at beach; Rama Berch's Yoga for Your Back; 5,028 steps.

19 - LWR Posture Challenge Day 20; grandniece's vinyasa class; 4,767 steps.

20 - LWR Posture Challenge Day 21; Bellyfit Spring Ritual Bundle #4, Fire and Flowers; Kassandra Stretch After Work; 6,294 steps.

21 - LWR Posture Challenge Day 22; 2,965 steps.

22 - Nothing formal; 3,826 steps.

23 - Ellen Barrett Affirmative Flow; 4,281 steps.

24 - A Kassandra morning yin; garden cleanup and stretch; 4,970 steps.

25 - Suzanne Deason Balance Ball for Weight Loss, workouts 1 and 2; GYM for 60 minutes recumbent and weight machines; 4,260 steps.

26 - Charlotte's vinyasa class; 4,026 steps.

27 - A little PT; Ellen's new Full Body Blast; Joelle's hip challenge day 1; 4,392 steps.

28 - Nothing formal; 3,210 steps.

29 - Lower body exercises from Home Improvement; Kassandra Evening Yoga for Sore Muscles plus evening affirmations; 3,234 steps.

30 - Ellen's Cardio Core; Home Improvement bis and tris; Yoga with Bird Restorative Yoga for General Back Pain Relief; 4,505 steps.

LWR Posture Challenge Day 23
LWR Posture Challenge Day 24
LWR Posture Challenge Day 25
LWR Posture Challenge Day 26
LWR Posture Challenge Day 27
LWR Posture Challenge Day 28
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-22, 11:39 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Septiembre - September - Septembre - 九月

Presente!

1- Kathy Smith's Secrets to a Great Upper Body (40 min.). I used my step on incline for several exercises and the whole core segment, I also did three sets of dead hands at the end and 5 minutes pre-warm up on the rebounder.

2- CS' Vintage Collection Vol. 1: Athletes Intense Stretch (45 min.).

3- Tania de Alba: Clase muestra de JUMPit (YouTube 41 min.). I survived!! Wow, great music but it was tough, I sweated like a pig! It is the first time I am happy that a YouTube workout has commercials.

4- Rebound Fitness' Hiit Rebound Compilation 1: Combat Conditioning (45 min.). Nice workout, fun combos, I loved the leg drills at the end.

5- Urban Rebounding Compilation # 5: Stretch Bound (22 min.). Happy Labor Day!

6- Gaiam Restore Strong Core & Back: Strengthen & Stretch Workout (YouTube 12 min.) + Bounce Fit Babe: Beginner Cardio & Weights Rebounding Workout (YouTube 30 min.). Nice combo! I loved both workouts!

7- Bounce Fit Babe: Beginner Rebounding Workout with handle bar (YouTube 30 min.) + Extra Stretch. Nice cardio workout! Handle bar was optional.

8- AngieFitnessTV: Cardio-Strength-Balance Rebounding Workout (YouTube 30 min.) + Gaiam Restore Strong Core & Back: Strong Core & More Workout (YouTube 9 min.) + Si6: Slim & Limber. Nice workout! I added extra reps of bicep curls and triceps. I used 1lb ankle weights for the balance segment.

9- Rebound Fitness: Introduction to Rebounding Beg/Int. (YouTube 43 min.). This was a good and sweaty workout, but very repetitive and not so fun, the abs work at the end was good. It had too many ads during the exercises, two during the warm up alone, at least other videos introduce the ads after a block so you don't get hanging alone in the middle of a set.

10- AlohaJump: Sesión 1 Módulo 4 (YouTube 42 min.) + Si6: Slim & Limber (14 min.). AJ was soooo much fun, with great music, I loved the arms weights work insterperced during the workout.

11- Rest day.

12- SanFran Fitness: 18 Minute Gentle Rebounding Workout (YouTube). I didn't sleep enough last night, so this was perfect for me today, it was gentle but still fun.

13- Urban Rebounding Comp. # 1: Basic Workout (30 min.) + Extra Stretch. Nice!

14- EZShaper Pro: Sculpt and Shape with Shawn + SanFran Fitness: 18 Minute Gentle Rebounding Workout (YouTube) + Stretch.

15- Active rest day: Freestyle Bounce (10 min.).

16- Barlates Bounce Barre Workout (YouTube 63 min.) + Extra Stretch. Good workout. Just finished watching final season of Queen of the South, it was interesting! Now I am finally watching the final season of Sons of Anarchy and started Orphan Black.

17- Jakub Novotný's Jumping Fitness January 2022 Session (YouTube 35 min.). Wow! What a fun workout! Great music, love it!

18- Slim Series: Cool it Off (60 min.). I did the warm up on the rebounder.

19- Rest day.

20- Rest day.

21- Bounce Fit Babe: 30 Minute Cardio Beg/Int. Rebounder Workout (YouTube) + Extra Stretch.

22- AlohaJump: Sesión 2 Módulo 4 (YouTube 46 min.). Wow, this was so much fun and challenging, I liked the use of the resistance loop for upper body, booty band for all 4s on the tramp. and a dumbbell for bulgarian split squats, and lights weights for the final track, it was challenging!

23- Freestyle bounce while watching TV (30 min.). Something better than nothing, I enjoyed it.

24- ReboundFit: Beg/Int. Workout (24 min.) + Michelle Briehler: Deep Stretch on the trampoline (15 min.). Nice! Fun workout with great music, the stretch was also good.

25- Rest day.

26- Tania De Alba's JUMPit ~Parte Alta (YouTube 55 min.). Great workout, fun music! I loved the use of 5 dumbbells with a Pilates band for the upper body toning, what a burn.

27- Rest. Tired & sore.

28- Rest. Tired & sore.

29- Freestyle bounce while watching TV (30 min.).

30- SanFran Fitness: 18 Minute Gentle Rebounding Workout (YouTube) + Short stretch.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-22, 01:02 PM  
Luv2WO

Here! Time is flying!

1. Ballet Beautiful Postnatal Abs and Toning
2. Ballet Beautiful Butt Blast 3, Total Body workout (no bridge), Drive to Yellowstone
3. PBL Side Cincher workout, Yellowstone
4. PBL No More Tight Hips, Upper Back Stretch, Yellowstone
5. PBL Sciatica workout, Badlands Butt
6. Ballet Beautiful Bikini workout - Inner Thigh Blast, Mat Stretch
7. BB Body Recharge Bridge and Abs, Hip and Thigh Extensions, Arms from Total Body, Daily Dance: Stretch
8. BB Backstage on the Mat, Backstage Outer Thighs, Inner Thigh Blast, 25 min walk
9. 45 min walk, PBL Classic Series: Abs, 5 Min More Legs workout
10. Ballet Beautiful Supermodel Digital DVD
11. 35 Min walk
12. BB Fit and Graceful Trimester 1/2 Digital DVD (not pregnant but wanted a 'lazy' option), 25 min walk
13. BB Body Recharge Bridge, Ballet Core Blast, 5 Min Inner Thigh, Arms from Classic DVD
14. PBL Traditional Side Leg Slimmer, Traditional Arm Workout
15. PBL Lean and Trim workout, Graceful Flow Stretching Routine, 25 min walk
16. PBL Brooklyn Burn, Adore Your Core Lower Abs, 30 min walk
17. PBL Badlands Butt, Core Conditioner Workout, 20 min walk, BB Mat Stretch
18. Barre3 Original DVD, BB Mat Stretch
19. PBL Strong and Slender Leg workout, Core with More Workout, May Makeover Sublime Stretch, 20 min walk
20. PBL Fit Flow Workout, 5 min More Stretch
21. Barre3 Burner, 15 min walk
22. Barre3 Standing Slim DVD, 25 min walk, BB Hip Stretch
23. Ballet Beautiful Total Body (no bridge)
24. Ballet Beautiful Bridge Series and abs from Total Body DVD, Bridal Posture
25. Lots of walking ~10k steps
26. Ballet Beautiful Total Body Workout, 25 min walk
27. Barre3 Lean, 15 min walk
28. BB Mat Blast, Supermodel Outer Thigh, Mat Stretch
29. Barre3 Ballet Boot Camp, 25 min walk, PBL 5 Min More Stretch
30. PBL Core Control workout, Tall and Toned Upper Body, BB Hip Stretch
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-22, 01:09 PM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-22, 01:47 PM  
Tammie M

September

1 - Debbie Siebers Slim Series: Cardio Sculpt! Express & 6 Minute Abs!
2 - Debbie Siebers Slim Series: Cool It Off! Express
5 - Kelly Coffey-Meyer 30MTF: LIFT - W/O #2 + Margaret Richard Body Electric Unplugged: Series 2000, Volume 2 - Episode 2014
6 - Kili Marti Dance Off The Inches: Fat Burning Bellydance
7 - Jari Love Get Ripped & Chiseled
8 - Lilias Yoga 101 Workout for Beginners Props to Poses - first 2 practices
9 - Denise Austin Personal Training System - High Intensity Cardio, All Upper, Abs & Stretch
10 - Denise Austin Personal Training System - Low Intensity Cardio, All Lower & Stretch
11 - Amy Bento In the Ring - Combos & Intervals 1,2,3 & Combined 1&2
12 - Tina Smalley The Firm: Fat Burning Sculpting Ball Workout + Stephanie Huckabee WW Work Your Belly, Butt, and Thighs Workout - Beginner
13 - Rachel Brice Tribal Fusion Belly Dance: Yoga, Isolations and Drills
14 - Monique St. Pierre X-TrainFit: Circuit Burnout 30 Day Fat Shred - Upper Body + Lara Hudson 10MS Pilates on the Ball - Upper Body Pilates + Lara Hudson 10MS Yoga - Yoga Basics
15 - Monique St. Pierre X-TrainFit: Circuit Burnout 30 Day Fat Shred - Lower Body + Lara Hudson 10MS Pilates on the Ball - Lower Body Pilates + Lara Hudson 10MS Yoga - Yoga for Bums & Thighs
16 - Billy Blanks Jr. Dance With Me: Cardio Fit
17 - Lisa Kay The Firm: Cardio Sculpt Blaster + Stephanie Huckabee WW Work Your Belly, Butt, and Thighs Workout - Intermediate
18 - Lilias Yoga 101 Workout for Beginners Props to Poses - last 2 practices
19 - Monique St. Pierre X-TrainFit: Circuit Burnout 30 Day Fat Shred - Total Body + Lara Hudson 10MS Pilates on the Ball - Total Body Pilates + Lara Hudson 10MS Yoga - Yoga for Flexibility and Relaxation
20 - Gloria Araya-Quinlan Latin Grooves + Classical Stretch Season 4: 401
21 - Gunnar Peterson Core Secrets Full Body Challenge
23 - Kelly Coffey-Meyer 30MTF: Sculpting RX - Workout #1 + Margaret Richard Body Electric Unplugged: Series 2000, Volume 3 - Episode 2015
24 - Amy Bento In the Ring - Combos & Intervals 3,4 and Combined 3&4
25 - Monique St. Pierre X-TrainFit: Circuit Burnout 30 Day Fat Shred - Abs & Assets + Lara Hudson 10MS Pilates on the Ball - Pilates for Abs + Lara Hudson 10MS Yoga - Yoga for Abs
26 - Jenna The Heartbeat of Bellydance: Rhythms & Belly Dance combinations for Drum Solos - Drills and Dance #3
27 - Kelly Coffey-Meyer 30MTF: Sculpting RX - Workout #2 + Margaret Richard Body Electric Unplugged: Series 2000, Volume 3 - Episode 2016
28 - Ilyse Baker WW The Ultimate Dance Party! - Easy Grooves + Cardio Club
30 - Stephanie Huckabee WW Work Your Belly, Butt, and Thighs Workout - Advanced
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-22, 04:51 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

September!

1 Outside Walk - 35 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - Indoor Walking Workout - 15 minutes
2 Outside Walk - 25 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - Gentle Hip Stretches - 10 minutes
3 Jessica Valant Pilates - Pilates Basics Workout - 25 minutes
4 Outdoor Walk - 30 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - Pilates Basics Workout - 25 minutes
5 Jessica Valant Pilates - Lower Body Beginner Weights - Part One - 15 minutes & 5 Minute Full Body Stretch
6 Outside Walk - 35 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - 5 Minute Pilates Basics
7 Jessica Valant Pilates - Upper Body Beginner Weights Part One - 20 minutes
8 Dog Walk - 35 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - 5 Minute Pilates Leg Workout & 5 Minute Full Body Stretch
9 Jessica Valant Pilates - Non-Impact HIIT Fundamentals - 25 minutes
10 Jessica Valant Pilates - Pilates for Every Body! - 25 minutes
11 Outdoor Walk - 30 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - Full Body Stretch & Release - 18 minutes
12 Jessica Valant Pilates - On and Off the Floor Workout - 15 minutes & Hip Mobility Exercises - 12 minutes
13 Outside Walk - 30 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - 5 Minute Pilates Basics
14 Jessica Valant Pilates - 30 Minute Thoracic Spine Mobility Routine - 30 minutes - I did about the first 20 minutes of this routine
15 Outside Walk - 20 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - Pilates for Beginners - 10 Minute Workout!
16 Treadmill Walk - 20 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - Buff Bones: Release for Neck and Shoulder Tightness - 20 minutes
17 Jessica Valant Pilates - Gentle Pilates Workout - Gratitude Focus - 27 minutes
18 Outside Walk - 25 minutes
19 Jessica Valant Pilates - New Year's Challenge Live Workout #2 - Barre Workout - 30 minutes
20 Outside Walk - 40 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - 5 Minute Full Body Stretch
21 Jessica Valant Pilates - Quickie Arm Burn with Light Weights - 10 minutes & Standing Weight Combo #1 - 10 minutes
22 Jessica Valant Pilates - Steady State Cardio Burn - 23 minutes & Pilates For Beginners - 10 minutes
23 Jessica Valant Pilates - Renew & Restore - 17 minutes
24 Outside Walk - 35 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - 20 Minute Chair Pilates Workout - 20 minutes
25 Outside Walk - 25 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - 5 Minute Pilates Ab Workout (Mindful Movement Series) & 10 Minute Pilates Workout for Legs and Hips
26 Outside Walk - 25 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - Beginner Weight Series - Lower Body Part 2 - 20 minutes & 5 Minute Full Body Stretch
27 Outside Walk - 25 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minute Bedtime Stretches for Relaxation and Flexibility
28 Outside Walk - 25 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - Beginner Weight Series - Upper Body Part 2 - 20 minutes
29 Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minute Everyday Pilates
30 Jessica Valant Pilates - Indoor Walking Workout with a Step - 27 minutes & Open Your Heart Routine - 13 minutes

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-22, 07:08 PM  
bex

✨✨September 2022✨✨

1 - Travis Eliot's Short & Sweet 3. For some moments I was able to really feel the flow of breath as a thread that pulled me through the practice. Not the whole time, of course, but it's nice to feel the mindfulness aspect coming along as well the physical transformation. pm Travis Eliot's Yin Yoga Serenity (YT). Really nice hip opener and wind down.
2 - Travis Eliots' Yoga Foundations 1. Monte is a beginner but wanted to join us so I've decided we'll have Foundations Friday. I wish I could say I full focused and got the benefit of beginners mind, but actually my brain was all over the place. Well, it's a practice.
3 - Ultimate Yogi Cardio. Really enjoyed the sweatfest, and managed to keep my mind focused on my breath. Progress in all directions!
4 - Ultimate Yogi Yin. Today we were 5, and everyone loved the full hour yin practice. I've been creating a schedule (by mashing together the 30for30 and UY calendars and sprinkling in a few Travis YT workouts for variety), and they all said they'd like Yin at least once a week. So amazing that my VF nerdishness of being able to create a rotation is now loved and valued.
5 - Travis Eliot's Short & Sweet 2. Haven't done this practice in a while, and I was grooving along until we got towards the end and I remembered, "Oh yeah, I hate bicycle crunches." But actually I probably don't hate them anymore - it's just a legacy feeling. It definitely felt short after the full hour practices over the weekend. pm Travis Eliot's Yin Yoga Paradise. Hoping this gets me a solid nights sleep. ETA - not particularly. Maybe my improved sleep after evening practices last week were a fluke. Or maybe I just had too much coffee yesterday.
6 - 30for30 Chi Flow. I now think of this practice as 'easier' but still managed to get some sweat drops on my mat. Realized I really should preview because I still don't understand a few of the transitions.
7 - 30for30 Stamina. Love this sweaty practice. Now have gotten familiar enough with it to be able to focus on my breath and the integrity of the movement rather than just can I get into the pose. Also I've realized this is why I've been so tired for the last few months. I've been really pushing myself with daily practices, so my body needed recovery time. Of course now I'm tempted to add an evening KB or Caroline workout but maybe I'll try to just push a little and enjoy the energy I still have in the evenings.
8 - Travis Eliot's Power Yoga Balance Class (30 Mins) (YT). I'm still terrible at balance, which makes this a challenging practice for me. But today I was slightly less terrible than the last time, and more able to stay present during the poses I could do. So, enjoyed it and eager to keep working at it.
9 - Travis Eliot's Empowered Day 1 Intention (YT). I enjoyed the basic flow but our beginner still found it too fast for him. I've urged him to try it every day, the way Ann and I did 30for30's Intention for more than 2 weeks in a row before trying others. Hoping he will, but still trying to find the goldilocks practice for him.
10 - UY Vitality. I really love this practice! Was able to stay in my body and honor where it is through each pose, even if it meant dropping out of it earlier than Travis's instruction. Is it odd to say that I feel like I'm finally starting to 'get' yoga? Also, Happy Mid Autumn Festival to everyone!
11 - Flexibility & Beyond Bliss. The practice lives up to its name - those long back stretches were bliss. What a perfect thing for a Sunday morning.
12 - Travis Eliot's Yoga Foundations 1. I scheduled this for the group for our beginner, but it really is a great back to basics chance to tune into the fine points of the poses and the breathing.
13 - Travis Eliot's Power Yoga Flow Master (YT). Once I pushed play, I realized this wasn't the practice I thought I'd chosen. But it was actually the one I needed to open up my shoulders - lots of large arcs of arm movements. I'm focusing on keeping my shoulders away from my ears and trying to open up my tight shoulder joints.
14 - Travis Eliot's Short & Sweet 3. Even though I overslept and wasn't sure about doing a practice 2 mins after waking and dressing in a rush, the way the intensity ramps up slowly pulled me through. I sweated and enjoyed it. Especially enjoying how my balance is improving, one micron at a time, as my feet loosen and strengthen.
15 - 30for30 Twists. Still one of my favorites, love the feeling of my feet adjusting to the mat through the movements. I've rediscovered my feet! And I like them!
16 - 30for30 Gentle. Today we had Stephan's wife join us for the first time. I think I've created a movement! I also recommended Fightmaster Yoga's 30 day beginner series to Ann's husband, who is truly starting from zero. Ann reported that last night was his 3rd day in a row. Sharing my love of video fitness brings me such great joy. As for my own practice, today gave me a chance to continually re-focus on my shoulders, opening them up and keeping them down away from my ears. Definitely an area that needs work.
17 - Travis Eliot's Foundations 1. Once again, a chance for new people to join and for me to focus on each movement. For example, I was in wide legged forward fold and could feel that one of my thighs was holding tension. So I practiced breathing and trying to send the 'just relax' message and finally it dropped into relaxation just before the move to the next pose. Nice!
18 - UY 36 Sun Salutations, Flexibility & Beyond Yin Foundations. I'd planned a special practice to celebrate Day 72 of our new cycle, which is mixing in the UY practices on the weekends. Was very pleasantly surprised to find that the practice was well within my body's capabilities. Love the meditative feel of the flow, with just drums and no narration. Might do this again sometimes just when I want to refocus myself. pm Caroline Girvan's Fuel Day 1 Giant Leg Workout, Caroline Girvan's 10 Min Weighted Abs. I'd been wanting to try FUEL for ages, and since this morning's practice wasn't very strong, today was the day. Wow! I discovered that the past 6 months of yoga has more than maintained my strength, and my balance is way better. But my cardio capacity isn't Caroline level. For the first half I was doing well and patting myself on the back. And then at 2/3 of the way, I hit the wall. I was inserting extra pauses, modifying, slowing my pace. Since it was only another 10 mins, I made it through. But now I know, I'll need to work up to these. I'm not daunted, just need to reset my expectations.
19 - Travis Eliot's Power Yoga Strong Morning Flow (YT). This is the one I thought I'd picked out last week. It is a strong practice, good to get going on a Monday morning. And probably good to help work out the DOMs from yesterday.
20 - 30for30 Flow and Stretch. A late night last night + still DOMs from Sunday, so I gave myself an easier practice. Interesting to sense how much flexibility I've gained, even though my quads and glutes are still sore.
21 - Travis Eliot's Short & Sweet 2. Well I've learned my lesson - still have lingering DOMs from Sunday's session with Caroline. Clearly I could do those workouts but the wiser path is to do something else for a while to build up. As a result I felt like I dogged it a bit this morning. But it's still starting the day day on the mat. A friend said it's like compound interest - every day adds just a little bit, but over time the accumulation is amazing.
22 - Travis Eliot's Yoga Power Blast (YT). Today was just Ann and me, so we tried a new practice that I found on Travis' YT channel. It felt a little bit like a 'greatest hits' practice as we moved from pose to pose. But as always, easy to follow and I enjoyed the balance challenge of moving in and out of Warrior 3. I'm getting closer to attempting Crow pose - this time I got one leg off the floor for the whole time. So, another great day on the mat.
23 - UY Mountain Pose. Thanks to our yoga group beginner, I finally gave this practice a try. On my own I would never choose to do something with so little intensity. Which is probably exactly why I should do it.
24 - Vytas Baskauskas's FYP Strength 1. A historic first for our group, I threw in a new instructor to the mix. I love Vytas for form tips, and even though this is a level 1 class, doing it mindfully and focusing on each part of my body made it challenging.
25 - Travis Eliot's Flexibility & Beyond, Hips. Our group likes Yin on a Sunday, which I have to say is a very peaceful way to start the day. I loved this practice, felt like I have a whole new lower body afterwards.
26 - 30for30 Edge. Today this practice was a wonderful, energizing way to start the week. Love feeling strong!
27 - 30for30 Fluidity. We don't do the Lauren practices in 30for30 as often, and this one reminded us why. I enjoyed it more than before because I was able to 'get' the flow, and my shoulders appreciated the large circular movements. Ann said she feels like Lauren's smooth consistent narration gives her a feeling of being rushed. Guess this stays as a B side.
28 - Travis Eliot's Short & Sweet 3. I've finally acheived what Travis has been talking about this whole time. When I fall over, I fall with equanimity! Truly a sweet practice today.
29 - Travis Eliot's Yoga Power Blaze #1 (YT). I'd have to do a pose by pose comparison, but I think this practice is basically a re-filmed version of Short & Sweet 1. But I'm ok with that, I love that practice.
30 - 30for30 Gentle. I'm finally getting to the point where I can appreciate this practice. It's not just a 'rest day', it's a different way to move and experience my body. So grateful always to Ann and the other members of my yoga group for giving me the boost to a new level.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-22, 07:42 PM  
allgirlsinaz

This month I will be doing Chris Pecsi's (YT) Push/Pull/Legs #1 program with cardio days sprinkled in.

I will be using up some PTO days over the next week. This will allow for some longer w/o time.

1. Kaleigh Cohen Fitness Turbo HIIT 20 min ride; Back/Bi's/Rear Delts
2. Joe Alvarado Strength Stacker 20 min ride; Chest/ Shoulder's/Tri's
3. IBX Running Hill Walking Intervals 20 min; Legs-Quad focused
4. Time 2 Train #55 45 min ride
5. Tread Chic Incline Intervals 25 min walk; Total Body
6. Jessica Smith HIIT Mix 60 min t/m walk; CDorner Fitness Mobility and Stretch
7. Back and Bi's
8. nothing
9. Chest/Shoulders/Tri's; Abs; 20 min t/m walk
10. Cycling Sophie No Time No Problem 20 min ride; Legs
11. The Gym Box t/m 60 min with Shelly
12. Back and Bi's; Abs; 25 min t/m walk
13. Chest/Shoulders/Tri's; 25 min t/m walk
14. IBX Running 15 min Beginner Hill Walk; Total Body
15. SSoD Firecracker 40 min ride; 25 min t/m walk
16. nothing
17. The Gym Box 30min t/m with Shelly; Legs
18. Ride with Alina 20 min Beginner ride; Back and Bi's
19. Chest/Shoulder/Tri's; 25 min t/m walk
20. nothing
21. IBX Running Hill Interval t/m walk 20 min; Total Body
22. Time 2 Train Ride Hard 35 min ride
23. FitScope HIIT Sprints (I speed walked) 20 min t/m; Legs
24. SSoD 4 Attack Hill Climbs 60 min ride
25. IBX Running Beginner Walk 10 min; Total Body
26. Brand Fitness 20 min Top Gun walk; Abs; 25 min t/m walk

That concludes Chris Pecsi's Push/Pull/Legs program #1. I will continue on with Push/Pull/Legs #2. I've been really enjoying his w/o's.

27. nothing
28. Back/Bi's
29. Chest/Shoulder's/Tri's
30. Ignite Cycle Dig a Little Deeper Metric Ride 45 min

C25K graduate 10/10

CLX grad 12/09
allgirlsinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-22, 07:56 PM  
LizEMA

In.

Tags
just the workouts