Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Bargain Watch
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-22, 06:31 PM  
Lannette

Just wanted to put this out there. P.volve is doing a Fall challenge. This is from the website.

“Complete all 12 of these workouts between 9/19 and 10/16 to receive $50 off one purchase of apparel, equipment, or our Recover 9 supplement online. The order below is suggested by our trainers, not required.
Can't do these workouts for any reason, no problem! Just complete any 10+ minute workout of your choice with a total of 12 workouts between 9/19/22 - 10/16/22.”

From the FAQ: Who can join the challenge? Anyone with a P.volve membership can join the challenge to access the workouts. Not a member? A 3-month membership is included in our P.ball Kit, which is 20 percent off with free shipping for new members through 9/18!

What can I use the $50 reward on? The reward may be redeemed to get to $50 off one purchase of apparel, equipment, or Recover 9 items online. Reward code expires 6 months from the date it was issued. Code must be entered at checkout to apply. Code is valid for single use and is non-transferable. Cannot be combined with other offers. Cannot be used to cover shipping and handling, taxes, subscriptions, or other fees. No cash value. Offer valid for purchases made in the United States or Internationally. Void where prohibited by law.

I joined and it looks like you get immediate access to the workouts. I won’t do the first WO before the 10th.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-22, 07:58 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Thanks Lannette - do you have any links (youtube or otherwise) that demonstrate using the longer tubing w/the ball or handle attached?

i can see doing a back or side lunge and extending either arm in the opposite direction whilst holding the handle or ball. are there other moves that you could describe?
Coming back to share a bit more information. I did my first full body workout using the P3 and gliders, though not together.

Maeve had you use the P3 with foot to the side and arm reaching up and over to the other side in a side stretch targeting the obliques. We also did work where the leg steps back to 6 o’clock and back in. Additionally there was work in open step, internal 45 and standing abs. The arm or at times arms are used to compliment, balance or create additional resistance.

There’s a lot of balance and core woven in as you move out and back, into and away from the various angles. You also get a cardiovascular kick that reminds me of the way my heart would rise when I used to do the Firm.

Here’s a PV blog post that describes some of the movements I’m talking about. They can be done with or without the P3 or with ankle bands or weights to target the muscles differently.

https://www.pvolve.com/blogs/all/get...ster-your-form

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-22, 11:34 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha-kitty View Post
I have been curious about this method since it came out but unwilling to pay list price for the equipment, so placed an online order with Walmart and qualified for free shipping with purchase of all 3. Finally a version of this method that fits my budget.
Samantha-kitty, how do you find the quality of the dupes?

I haven't been able to find these at the local stores.

EDITED to ADD:
bought the items online - free shipping threshold is $35. however, because of my location, they charged me $8.99.

total w/ taxes: $58.88

Walmart.com takes PayPal.

most of the reviews on Walmart's site were incentivized, so I am interested in the REAL VFer review folks! please post!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-23, 06:39 PM  
barreaddict

P.volve accessory dupes

Thank you so much for the tip. Does anyone know if the dupes work as well as the P.volve versions? I just can't afford the hollywood/Victoria's Secret level of fitness, especially as an older semi-retired lady, hahaha.
barreaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-23, 07:40 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by barreaddict View Post
I just can't afford the hollywood/Victoria's Secret level of fitness, especially as an older semi-retired lady, hahaha.
Holly-Hood/ VF Secret checking in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by barreaddict View Post
Thank you so much for the tip. Does anyone know if the dupes work as well as the P.volve versions?
yes, they are. the pink is really garish - if you can handle it, the quality is very good. i'm glad I got them.

i occasionally see the real P.Volve equipment on Facebook Marketplace.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitness gadgets, gadget, gadgets, p.volve, p.volve equipment, pvolve