Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-23, 08:20 AM  
Erica H.

Today I did Michelle's 45 MIN Standing ABS Cardio Core Kickbox & Arm Sculpt | Low Impact | No Jumping | Toned Waist + Arms since I can't do weights with the back injury. I didn't put a lot of intensity into it and it felt good to move. Actually, I did use weights because there's a short sculpting section using light weights and that felt fine.

Do you know of any youtube workouts similar to Jari Love's? I have many of her workouts (Ripped and Chiseled is my favorite) on DVD but I don't want to go through the trouble of figuring out how to play DVDs on my tv again - I haven't used them in years!

Wendy - glad you liked that Sydney workout. I liked it a lot but I didn't do the step ups like you did!

buffmama - glad you had a good workout! I don't trust my body's signals of hunger and I never feel full (that part of my brain that has the fullness signal has never worked for me) so it's hard for me to know if I really need more food or not.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-23, 05:34 PM  
wendug

Today was a KCM day- Cardio Pump- Cardio only + Build & Burn- Cardio Core.

buffmama- You explained why I don't do rotations well. You woke up and wanted something grounded so planned your workout around that. I loosely plan my workouts on how I feel each particular day. I try to hit weight work/cardio/mobility in the week.

Erica- M. Briehler has some RIP workouts on YT. Not many, but it is better than nothing. Although I mainly use YT workouts these days, I am glad I can pop in a DVD if I want to. Give your player a try- you might find Jari is what you really want, not something like Jari.
Old 03-19-23, 11:30 AM  
buffmama

More burpees! Caroline Girvan HIIT Series Day. I find I really feel these in my booty. I did the single leg burpees off my couch. Somehow it didn't seem that bad. She has one that's EMOM pyramid. I think if I do them based on length that one is coming up. I'm thinking of finishing this HIIT Series since I haven't a few and the short workout actually make them pretty easy. RE: kk she posted she did breast augmentation. Sigh, so much for body positivity.

Wendy - RE rotations: I obviously get it. It's just sooo much easier to do a rotation.

Erica - It's hard when I eat different foods or something I didn't cook to know my hunger/satiety levels. Breakfast is always the same, lunch has a few varieties and dinner is similar just within the week since I batch cook.
Old 03-19-23, 03:39 PM  
Erica H.

Today I did Day 1 Legs of Caroline's Callanetics series plus part of her bodyweight legs workout from the 24 days of Christmas series. No weights because of my back.

Wendy - I looked up Michelle's RIP workouts but they seem to be for members only.

buffmama - Interesting about kk. Thanks for the update. I pretty much eat the same foods all the time but when we travel it throws me completely off and I end up gaining a ton of weight because of my food issues. Or even if I get off track with my daily routine I get into a weird eating frenzy sometimes.

I talked to my oldest son today about my back. He's a bodybuilder and has had shoulder and back issues in the past (mostly from heavy presses and deadlifts) and is very careful to do preventative exercises regularly to avoid injuries. He recommended that I start doing a vinyasa yoga flow once my back heals. I didn't connect the back injury with the fact that I never do any flexibility work and wonder if I had been doing that as part of my fitness routine if I wouldn't be injured now. Anyway, I might try it. I know I should be doing something for flexibility and it becomes even more important with age, I'm sure. I just hate doing it.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-23, 05:32 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Sydney Cummings- Summertime Fine 2.0 Day 59- 50 Minute Upper body Push Burnout. I enjoyed this one with some cardio thrown in to give the arms a break. Although I hate rotations, I'm thinking I might give Sydney a try- maybe one of the Summertime rotations? I've plateaued in my weight loss and maybe a rotation is just what I need.

buffmama- So kk had breast augmentation. Not something i would ever want, but if it makes her happy more power to her. Okay, I'm intrigued on how one does a single legged burpee. I'll have to look that one up!

Erica- Yes, I'm learning I need more flexibility work as I'm getting older. It can be hard to fit in, but I feel so good after I do it. Michelle does have a few RIP workouts that aren't members only.
Old 03-20-23, 08:12 AM  
buffmama

From Caroline Girvan's HIIT Series I did Day 3 Upper Body + Core. More burpees and some push ups. No back work - even a dancing crab could have counted. Since I'm 'torturing' myself I decided I would work on pull ups today. And I'm home all day so I don't have any excuses. And the bar is between my desk and the kitchen - so. We'll see what I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
buffmama- Okay, I'm intrigued on how one does a single legged burpee. I'll have to look that one up!
The short answer is not gracefully! Summertime Fine is one of Sydney's longer rotations, most of her's are 4 weeks.

Erica - For flexibility work there is a lot out there. BW workouts might be something to consider in that group. Mindy Mylrea, Michelle Dozois, Girvan's Calisthenics - nothing easy there.
Old 03-20-23, 05:11 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- M. Briehler - Full Body Yoga HIIT. I wanted to get my share of burpees in.

buffmama- You are right about summertime fine rotations being long. I should look into a shorter rotation since I'm rotationally challenged!

Erica- I hope your back is feeling better!
Old 03-21-23, 08:05 AM  
buffmama

HIIT Series Day 2 Legs - this way was tabata style (much better than yesterday's EMOM) no repeats with only 1 exercise incorporating burpees. . This is a short 'fun' high energy series as a break.

Wendy - I like the look of yesterdays workout. Can imagine how good it felt.

Erica - Hope you're feeling better.
Old 03-21-23, 09:04 PM  
wendug

Today was over 50 degrees, it was partly sunny, and I wanted to be outside. I spent almost 2 hours doing yard clean up stuff. I'm so ready for spring!

buffmama- I don't know if I would classify any HIIT from Caroline as "fun." But I've always been better at strength than cardio workouts.

Erica- I hope you're feeling better and resting a bit.
Old 03-22-23, 07:52 AM  
buffmama

My pilates workout was longer + harder than expected so I did MrandMrsMuscle BW FB 12 min workout. Followed that with a short qigong session and some pull ups. Hanging was all it took to motivate me to do more.

Wendy - In Caroline's case 'fun' means moved right along.

Erica + Angela - Waves!

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts