Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-22, 05:17 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Dd's college is 1200 miles away. She's the farthest away of my 4 kids. But technology helps a lot with keeping in touch.

Great workout! I forgot about that one and put it on my list to do sometime again soon. Shoulders are the one body part I usually go lighter than Caroline. I'm just too paranoid about a shoulder injury.

Today I did RESILIENT LEG DAY WORKOUT - Lower Body Complexes - Dumbbells | EPIC III Day 7.

Angela - thinking of you.

Erica
Erica- 1200 miles! Wow! Most people I know didn't venture far away from home for school. Good thing technology can keep you in touch! And I could only dream of lifting as heavy as CG for shoulders. She is so strong!

Today's workout- Michelle Briehler- 40 minute Standing Cardio Core w/ Pilates Floorwork. This was fun. First part used light hand weights, second & third sections use ankle weights. My triceps are so sore from yesterday's workout that 3 pound weights was perfect for today.
Old 08-20-22, 07:13 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- CG Epic Heat Day 3- Depleted Lower Body Workout. I had to take a few longer breaks in this workout as the cardio moves interspersed had me gasping for air! There is a move in this workout that makes me think Caroline is super human- she is on her knees and jumps up to her feet and then does a squat jump. Uh, no, that is way beyond my fitness level. I definitely had to do the modification on this one! This one was tough, but also not my favorite. It's okay, but there are other CG workouts I would choose over this one.
Old 08-20-22, 08:00 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Erica- 1200 miles! Wow! Most people I know didn't venture far away from home for school. Good thing technology can keep you in touch! And I could only dream of lifting as heavy as CG for shoulders. She is so strong!

Today's workout- Michelle Briehler- 40 minute Standing Cardio Core w/ Pilates Floorwork. This was fun. First part used light hand weights, second & third sections use ankle weights. My triceps are so sore from yesterday's workout that 3 pound weights was perfect for today.
Quote:
Today's workout- CG Epic Heat Day 3- Depleted Lower Body Workout. I had to take a few longer breaks in this workout as the cardio moves interspersed had me gasping for air! There is a move in this workout that makes me think Caroline is super human- she is on her knees and jumps up to her feet and then does a squat jump. Uh, no, that is way beyond my fitness level. I definitely had to do the modification on this one! This one was tough, but also not my favorite. It's okay, but there are other CG workouts I would choose over this one.
My older sons all went to the same college and that is about 180 miles away. SO much easier! I went to school very far away too and met DH right away and never really went back home.

I injured my lat muscle - probably overuse from using my heavy bag and power tower too much. So lots of lower body work for me in the future. Today I did Day 18: 30 Min Squat and Lunge Dumbbell Workout (Build Strong Legs!) | 6 Week Shred II and 18 MIN LOWER BODY WORKOUT | LOWER BODY DUMBBELL WORKOUT | LOWER BODY TABATA WORKOUT but skipped the floorwork because I hate floorwork.

The Michelle workout you did looks really good - I'll have to try it when my lat is better. And I love the Caroline Leg workout but definitely modify some moves. I don't even attempt most of her jumping stuff because it's just not going to happen and/or I'll get injured.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-22, 05:16 PM  
wendug

Erica- Sorry to hear you injured your lat. That's hard to work around because your back muscles are activated in so many moves!

Yesterday I had planned to take a complete rest day, but I ended up working in the yard for about an hour and a half pulling weeds and mowing.

I've been feeling kind of gross and bloated lately (thanks perimenopause!), so I wanted to do a workout that makes me feel lighter. I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party Mix 3. Yes, it is cheesy, but I REALLY feel my core working in this workout.
Old 08-22-22, 05:34 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Erica- Sorry to hear you injured your lat. That's hard to work around because your back muscles are activated in so many moves!

Yesterday I had planned to take a complete rest day, but I ended up working in the yard for about an hour and a half pulling weeds and mowing.

I've been feeling kind of gross and bloated lately (thanks perimenopause!), so I wanted to do a workout that makes me feel lighter. I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party Mix 3. Yes, it is cheesy, but I REALLY feel my core working in this workout.
Yes, I am finding out that my lat muscles are used in everything. I thought I'd just avoid back work and be able to carry on with other workouts but it's been more difficult than I thought. Yesterday I did Epic Heat Day 42 chest/triceps and definitely felt my back working. Today I did Epic 2 Day 48 Legendary Legs and felt those lat muscles contracting every time I picked up the weights.

Yard work can be quite a workout! Were you sore after? Turbo Jam is fun - great choice and I'm glad you felt your core working.

DH has a root canal tomorrow and I have an appointment that I've been dreading. Not a fun day for either of us.

Erica
Old 08-22-22, 09:31 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Yes, I am finding out that my lat muscles are used in everything. I thought I'd just avoid back work and be able to carry on with other workouts but it's been more difficult than I thought. Yesterday I did Epic Heat Day 42 chest/triceps and definitely felt my back working. Today I did Epic 2 Day 48 Legendary Legs and felt those lat muscles contracting every time I picked up the weights.

Yard work can be quite a workout! Were you sore after? Turbo Jam is fun - great choice and I'm glad you felt your core working.

DH has a root canal tomorrow and I have an appointment that I've been dreading. Not a fun day for either of us.

Erica
Erica- Good luck with your appointment tomorrow. You'll feel better once it is over with!
Old 08-23-22, 01:20 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Erica- Good luck with your appointment tomorrow. You'll feel better once it is over with!
Thanks, but I don't think so. It's really the start of what I suspect will be a long and expensive unpleasant journey with a lot of hit and miss - probably much more miss than hit. That's part of the reason I'm dreading it so much.

Erica
Old 08-23-22, 05:26 PM  
wendug

Erica & Angela- Sending you both hugs! I hope you are both doing well today.

Today's workout- Michelle Briehler- 45 minute Full Body Dumbbell Strong Workout- Glutes & Core. Great compound workout! Michelle has some unique moves and I liked the addition of the booty band on many of the moves. I'm thinking of joining her members only group that gives access to more workouts.
Old 08-24-22, 05:15 PM  
wendug

Stepping Around the World with Marci released a Summer Step workout on YT today, so I had to give it a try. It is fun and I got to use my brain remembering the combos! The third combo tripped me up a bit, but by the time we made it to the end doing all the combos, I got it!
Old 08-24-22, 05:44 PM  
gigi

Hugs back to you all. I am having a really hard time adjusting to my school/commute schedule and the loss of mom. I do not have a down minute at work and I take a lot of work home right now. I really, really need to start working out. I'm not stopping to eat enough during the day so I'm starving when I get home.

I am going back and forth between two thoughs:
Alternate total body workouts with cardio, that way if I miss a day or two, my whole body has been worked with weights.

Start CG's Iron Series on Sunday so I workout Su, M, T, Rest W, Th, Rest F, Sa, then start week 2 again on Su. I really want to do the full Iron Series. I will put no pressure on myself to do anything "extra" like cardio. W I could have the option to walk or do an enjoyable cardio or just plop on the couch (which I do every Friday).

I'm SO glad this check-in is still going.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts