Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-20-21, 08:18 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post
I did Fat Blasting Cardio yesterday and I used the Wave for the incline and my 4 inch step with no risers for the step portions. In that one there aren't any sections that use the full 14" step, but there are in Total Muscle Shaping. You could substitute the Wave or a step with risers for the tall box climbs, depending on how high you want to go. I never go higher than 10-12" for leg presses anymore.
Thank you so much for replying, I will give a try as you mentioned! And I am glad I asked, because somehow I was thinking people were placing the Wave over a regular step to mimic this:

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-21, 08:19 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathTeacher View Post
My MIL called me yesterday and asked if I could come see her today. She said she bought me something at a yard sale. Oh the thoughts you can think....

It is a Chair Gym. Brand new in the box.
How sweet of her! Enjoy it!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 06-20-21, 08:25 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Moonbeam31, what infommercial did you watch? The one for the Flexies Pilates Bar?

Kat999, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you are having a nice day. // How do you use the Wave with regular step combo, for incline for cardio or just weight, or both? Is it stable? How many risers for the reg. step?

Would it work for this?

Sorry for so many questions!
Thanks for the birthday wishes! Had a great day. To use the Wave for Transfirmer and "death box" videos, I just use it only when they put things in the incline set-up, and for normal "low" stepping, I use a small normal aerobic step that only has one set of risers on it. Whenever they do step-ups or seated upper body or anything requiring the tall Transfirmer set-up, I use my Fanny Lifter fully assembled. I don't usually do full tall box climb anymore, though, and will either only use the blue portion of the FL or just use my low aerobic step.

Hope that helps!

ETA: I don't put the Wave on top of anything, I just set it up at a T-angle with the aerobic step. So the aerobic step sits where the blue part of the Transfirmer would be, and the Wave is perpendicular to it but still on the floor (in its "rainbow" position, not its "U" position). So it doesn't 100% mimic the Transfirmer, but it's still giving you one flat surface and one incline surface.
Old 06-20-21, 08:44 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Thanks for the birthday wishes! Had a great day. To use the Wave for Transfirmer and "death box" videos, I just use it only when they put things in the incline set-up, and for normal "low" stepping, I use a small normal aerobic step that only has one set of risers on it. Whenever they do step-ups or seated upper body or anything requiring the tall Transfirmer set-up, I use my Fanny Lifter fully assembled. I don't usually do full tall box climb anymore, though, and will either only use the blue portion of the FL or just use my low aerobic step.

Hope that helps!

ETA: I don't put the Wave on top of anything, I just set it up at a T-angle with the aerobic step. So the aerobic step sits where the blue part of the Transfirmer would be, and the Wave is perpendicular to it but still on the floor (in its "rainbow" position, not its "U" position). So it doesn't 100% mimic the Transfirmer, but it's still giving you one flat surface and one incline surface.
Glad you had a great day! Thank you so much for all that info, it helps a lot, I will give this set up a try!!

Old 06-22-21, 04:23 PM  
moonbeam31

The infomercial was for the pilates wheel. The flexies bar I discovered on instagram.
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-21, 10:56 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
The infomercial was for the pilates wheel. The flexies bar I discovered on instagram.
Nice, thanks for replying, I never heard of the Flexies before, but I have seen the Pilates Bar flatkat ordered before, look very similar.

Old 06-24-21, 05:02 AM  
hypnomoon

The BOSU. That thing was a huge accident waiting to happen. I was afraid of it. When I sold it, I even lost money because the shipping was so much.

Many moons ago, I bought the Thigh Master. I used it faithfully and it did nothing for me. I gave it to my sister who, surely, threw it away.

I bought that Pilates reformer that was a smaller version of a regular one. I can't remember the name of it. It went up the side of a wall. Anyway, I used it once and never again. I eventually sold that too.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 04:49 PM  
olala

The Da Vinci board is the most expensive POS, I throw it away in the garbage in a 2 months, so bulky, huge, limited use.

The BOSU i got cheap for 35$

The Xiser Commercial Professional Mini Stairmaster, Polished Alloy Stepper XM-C - collecting the dust, that was 500$

That is the fun thread.
olala is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body blade, bodyblade, equipment gathering dust, fitness gadget, gadget fails, gadgets