Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-10-21, 08:20 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I was too chicken and didn't do HIIRT the first time. But I'm going to give it a try the next time around.
ProTip: HIIRT has four circuits, each done twice. The second time through the third circuit ... was when I did my stretching. Just skipped the whole thing and stretched.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 08:21 AM  
kimf
VF Supporter

I started this program with gusto but then life got in the way - work related and other stress. I do agree about the dread factor - when I was preoccupied with other things I returned to workouts that don't require as much mental or physical stamina. But I am looking forward to doing these again.

The only one I didn't like so far was the core one - I will stick to Pilates for core work I think. Which is surprising to me because I do usually like Jessica's core workouts.

This program is definitely not for everyone, but I am really happy I bought it and know I will get a lot of use out of most of the workouts.
kimf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 08:26 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I returned this yesterday - I realized after one workout that there was going to be too much of a dread factor and I had too many other workouts that I enjoyed more than Lift & Shift. I hated to do that to Jessica, but I did. No problems at all getting my refund. They sent it within 10 minutes.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 10:01 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
ProTip: HIIRT has four circuits, each done twice. The second time through the third circuit ... was when I did my stretching. Just skipped the whole thing and stretched.
Stretching sounds good, lol.
Old 04-10-21, 03:56 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I returned this yesterday - I realized after one workout that there was going to be too much of a dread factor and I had too many other workouts that I enjoyed more than Lift & Shift. I hated to do that to Jessica, but I did. No problems at all getting my refund. They sent it within 10 minutes.

Carol
That's great you got your refund so quickly.

Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but I assume that's why she offered the refund, she knew it wasn't a program for everyone. Also nice that she gave everyone 60 days to make up their minds.
Old 04-03-22, 09:00 AM  
gigi

How many workouts a week in this program? I didn't ven know that Jessica used heavy weights.
Old 04-03-22, 09:55 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
How many workouts a week in this program? I didn't ven know that Jessica used heavy weights.
It's five days of workouts, with a cardio of your choice on day 6, and an active rest day on day 7. There are three harder workouts and two lighter. Although, on the weeks with Upper and Lower Body Strength, then it's four harder and one lighter (if I'm remembering correctly).

These are the recommended weights from the Program Guide.

HEAVY* = 10 - 35+ pound dumbbells
MODERATE = 8 - 25 pound dumbbells
LIGHT = 5 - 15 pound dumbbells
Old 04-03-22, 01:09 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I, too, received a refund in less than 15 minutes. I knew after previewing a few of them that this wasn't for me. I wanted to like it, but it's just too much for me at this current stage in my life. I'll get her newer program when (if?) if comes out, that seems more my speed. And the ocean in the background!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, lift and shift, lift and shift reviews