Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Polls

View Poll Results: Are you an Introvert or an Extrovert?
Introvert? 45 75.00%
Extrovert? 2 3.33%
Depends on the situation. 13 21.67%
None of the above. 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-21, 12:38 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Are you an Introvert or an Extrovert?

I noted in another thread that being an introvert has finally become an advantage in my life (as opposed to it causing the usual awkward disasters).

The stay-at-home mandate is hard on everyone, but much harder, IMHO, on extroverts. I've never had a gym membership. I've taken group classes on and off over the years, but my choice is to work out at home.

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 12:49 PM  
Erica H.

I'm more of an introvert than I thought. I love being stuck at home all the time and not seeing people and having an excuse to have people over and meet with them. In fact, I don't know how I'll adjust when things go back to normal.

My dd is an introvert who just started college and all of the covid restrictions have really helped with her transition to college. I think it would have been overwhelming for her to have the traditional college experience, but she loves it the way it is now.

One of my sons is an introvert who is single and working remotely. He does get lonely so he has been staying with us quite a bit since this all started.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 12:51 PM  
Erica H.

Oh, and I agree that the restrictions have been very difficult for extroverts and also singles. It's definitely a big problem for some and they are suffering.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 01:17 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I am somewhat of an introvert. I don’t like large crowds or big social gatherings. I need a certain amount of solitude and don’t do well with houseguests for more than a week. I’m surviving the restrictions, but I really miss my family. That’s the hardest part for me. I also miss our circle of friends, we did a lot of informal dinner parties where everyone contributed. I enjoyed group yoga & barre classes in the city occasionally, but those I can live without. I’m teaching my Essentrics classes on zoom, but miss seeing my students. My students are a small group, I don’t have any desire to increase numbers & turn it into a business. I also miss traveling, we did a lot of that and look forward to cautiously returning to it at some point.

We do lots of zoom visits & are able to meet friends & family for outdoor visits & walks. We are fortunate that cases in our area remain very low, hoping it stays that way.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 02:06 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I'm a total introvert so life during the time of COVID is not much different for me as I tend to stay at home and not socialize much anyways. But I feel terrible for the family/friends I know that thrive on being around others and those who are used to having at least some amount of social activity planned into their calendars, e.g. eating out with friends, going to the theatre (musicals and films), playing bridge, volunteer activities, group fitness classes, etc.

As an aside, I loved the book Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain.

https://www.amazon.com/Quiet-Power-I...dp/0307352153/

I read a physical copy of the book from my local library back five years ago at least but now my library has it available to download/checkout for free to your kindle via Overdrive or you can check it out as an e-book (again for free) via cloudLibrary (at least through my library).
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 02:18 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I'm an introvert, a homebody and very shy. I agree that the stay-at-home mandate is harder on extroverts. Like Pam, I also miss my family terribly since the pandemic started. I can't wait for the day when I can hug my 2 sons, my sister and my nephew and have them inside my house for a meal.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 03:02 PM  
BunnyHop

Definitely an introvert. In some ways I enjoy not having to go out any more than absolutely necessary.

The pandemic restrictions have helped me realize that I'd been putting pressure on my self to socialize more.

I had just begun to realize that I wanted and needed to branch out from my tiny little circle just as things closed down, so that has been a bit frustrating.

OTOH, I've picked up some great stay at home hobbies and now I have PLENTY of time to indulge, LOL!
Old 01-24-21, 04:21 PM  
Messe

The pandemic restrictions have shown me that I’m far less introverted than I thought. I’m single, and I really, really, really, really miss being with people! I want to have a meal with someone (or several someones). I want to shop in person for something other than groceries. I want to hang out with my BFF in person instead of doing virtual Happy Hours. And as for meetings and events, Zoom is not a reasonable substitute — if I want to see a screen filled with talking heads, I’ll turn on the news!

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 04:33 PM  
fanofladyvols

Fun poll!

But I wonder how many introverts are too reserved to even vote on this ?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 04:39 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
The pandemic restrictions have shown me that I’m far less introverted than I thought. I’m single, and I really, really, really, really miss being with people! I want to have a meal with someone (or several someones). I want to shop in person for something other than groceries. I want to hang out with my BFF in person instead of doing virtual Happy Hours. And as for meetings and events, Zoom is not a reasonable substitute — if I want to see a screen filled with talking heads, I’ll turn on the news!
(((Hugs))), I feel for you! We have strict measures in place here, no social gatherings or mixing households, but there are exceptions for those who live alone. They are allowed two contacts. Our provincial health officer, who is overseeing our Covid plan, feels mental health is important too.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid restrictions, covid-19, extroversion, extroverts, introversion, introverts, personality, stay-at-home