Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-01-20, 10:01 PM  
Sand

I just finished 28 Summers by Elin Hilderbrand. Tonight I will start The Lies That Bind by Emily Giffin.
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-20, 08:34 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I got the new Louise Penny in the mail yesterday. Can't wait to read it.
Old 09-03-20, 10:32 PM  
videofit

Jimmy Nail: A Northern Soul, the autobiography of multi talented actor, writer, singer, musician, producer. Well known in the UK but few in the US have heard of him. A charmed life that had a rocky start. One of Sting's best friends, by the way. Both grew up in the poor section of Newcastle.
Old 09-04-20, 04:12 PM  
BunnyHop

I've got the new Louise Penny and the new Aimee Bender on hold at the library. When they get in I'll actually be able to go IN THE LIBRARY to pick them up. Whee! I have to make an appointment to be able to go in, but I'm definitely doing it. Curbside pickup is nice, but I just want to see the books again.

I listened to Glennon Doyle's memoir Untamed on audio and really enjoyed it. The author did a great job with the narration.

I've moved on to Garth Nix's Sabrial on audio, and am about to take a break and listen to a bit more. It's very well done. IIRC Tim Curry is doing the narration.
Old 09-04-20, 04:20 PM  
Gams

For all of you about to read the latest Louise Penny novel, let me know what you think. My sister is reading it now and while she says the book is good, she said it’s driving her crazy because Louise uses “this’s” as a contraction for “this is”. My sister said she realizes it’s a minor thing but she uses it a lot and she doesn’t get it. I think it’s odd, too.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 05:03 PM  
sherry7899

I received Ellen Hart's newest "Jane Lawless " book from Amazon today, so I will dive into that. I am also reading Rea Frey's newest book. I am blanking on the title

Laura, I will save the Rea Frey book for you. I remember you liked the other ones of hers I sent (I think!)

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 05:04 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand View Post
I just finished 28 Summers by Elin Hilderbrand. Tonight I will start The Lies That Bind by Emily Giffin.
Please post what you think of both if you don't mind. I run hot and cold and both those authors.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 07:11 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
For all of you about to read the latest Louise Penny novel, let me know what you think. My sister is reading it now and while she says the book is good, she said it’s driving her crazy because Louise uses “this’s” as a contraction for “this is”. My sister said she realizes it’s a minor thing but she uses it a lot and she doesn’t get it. I think it’s odd, too.
I'm not the only one that noticed!!

It seems to me that something's a bit different about her use of language in this book. Not sure what, but as I've gotten into the story it bothers me less.

In general, I think her books need more Clara. She's what drew me in to the series and I'm always a bit miffed when there's not enough of her to suit me.
Old 09-10-20, 05:02 PM  
gigi

I've finally started reading book 8 of the October Daye series...A Winter Long. I have had this book for a couple of years and started it but I'm really reading it now. I have really enjoyed this series.
Old 09-10-20, 05:12 PM  
Carol K

I finished The Loving Cup, 10th book of the Poldark series and I'm picking up the next book, The Twisted Sword, at the library this weekend.

Tags
audiobooks, books, fall reading, kindle, reading