Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-19-20, 09:29 AM  
TinaT

First of all, I must say, I'm so inspired by those of you who are me elders and rockin the poundage. You have encouraged me to challenge myself to lift heavier. I'm only 55 and make too many excuses for not upping my weights.

I don't have anything above 10 lbs to reach for, but now I want to work to needing more.

Thank you.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-20, 10:46 AM  
Gams

I am 62 years old and workout with weights every other day. I have a lot of weights, ranging from 1 lb. to 20 lbs. I like to mix things up even with my weight workouts because different instructors always do things a little differently and I think the variety is good for your body. I did a heavy weight workout on Monday, so today I’m going to do a boxing sculpting workout with KCM using very light weights.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-20, 11:12 AM  
SueT

Kat999, what exactly was your Jari Love rotation? I haven’t done her workouts in a long time and they might be nice for a change.

Thank you!

SueT
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-20, 12:21 PM  
Kathleen Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
Kat999, what exactly was your Jari Love rotation? I haven’t done her workouts in a long time and they might be nice for a change.

Thank you!

SueT

Yes!! I would like to know too. I was going to get rid of all my Jeri’s but decided to try to break each workout into half an hour. Haven’t started that yet but a rotation will help me with decisions.
Old 08-20-20, 07:54 PM  
trimgal

I am 64 and the highest weight I use is a 20 pound dumbell for lat rows. I use a barbell occasionally for lat rows (underhand and overhand) and that is 35 pounds. Usually use 12 pounders for biceps, 15's for chest flies, and lighter ones for shoulders and triceps.
trimgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-20, 08:44 PM  
Leonana

I'm 60, and I use 4, 6, 8 and 10 pounds. I don't have anything heavier, but I mostly do high rep, lighter weight workouts.
Old 08-21-20, 04:01 PM  
kat999

My Jari Love rotation simply involved doing her workouts pretty much exclusively this summer, alternating with jogging outside. I did them in the chronological order they were filmed, so I went Get Ripped, Get Ripped 1000, Get Ripped Slim & Lean, Get Ripped to the Core, Get Ripped & Chiseled, Get Extremely Ripped, GER Body Rock, GER Lean Machine, GER 1000, GER Boot Camp, GER Revved to the Max, GER Extremely Ripped & Chiseled, GER 1000 Hardcore, Get Ripped Express, Get Ripped in 6 Minutes, Get Ripped & Jacked, and Get Ripped 1000 #3. For the ones that are VERY long (like 70-80 minutes), I break it up based on the premix options as long as they're at least 30 minutes (I don't really bother with workouts of under 30 minutes, and she does have some 20-minute premixes on a few). While it's not precisely true that her workouts get harder as time goes on, it's a bit like a U curve: the very early ones are pretty easy, then the GER-branded titles are harder, and finally the newer ones are a little gentler again. But as is true with all of her stuff, it depends on how you modify, what size weight you use, and whether you use a step for things like cardio segments or lunges. Just adding a short step REALLY increases the intensity of her workouts. Typically I find I get a very good burn with even the gentler ones, though.

Tags
aging, jari love, jari love rotation, strength training, weights