Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-29-20, 10:35 AM  
Catahoula Cate

I have not done much for decluttering recently other than organizing and getting caught up on paperwork. But, in retrospect, it's been a more productive year for me with decluttering than I've had in a while. I sold some larger items like gardening equipment and an antique sewing machine which gave me a little nice pocket change along with more room. We donated a lot to the thrift shop mostly as books and some clothes and got some framed prints to a silent auction for charity. A few elbow grease cleaning projects as well. Nice to feel like I'm ending the year on a good note in that regard. I hope to get started again with some projects after the New Year.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-20, 12:52 PM  
Sissy B

We started cleaning out the attic a couple of day ago and have already thrown a few things away, and found a few things to donate. I'm going to sort through all my Christmas/holiday decorations and reorganize them before I pack them all away. I have been wanting to do that for years.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 04:45 PM  
Vantreesta

I printed the 52 week list and January daily calendar for the Taylor At Home Solutions 2021 Declutter 365. I have tried so many times to do this and when I've actually managed to start it never make it past a week. Maybe 2021 is the year??
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 06:06 PM  
DCW

Finally cleaned out my closet. Donating items that are in good condition. I even tackled my dresser and donated clothing that doesn't work with at WFH life.

I have a drawer full of work polo shirts. Guess what I will be wearing for zoom meetings?
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 08:23 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Emptied 3 banker boxes full of paper documents no longer needed. Not sure why we were hanging on to them in the first place.

Emptied a 4th banker box filled with cookbooks and recipes in binders. This is a banker box that we dumped all of our rarely-or-never-used cookbooks in 1-2 years ago and then stored in the basement to revisit later. Well, we finally revisited and I'm only saving one cookbook from the box (the Oh She Glows cookbook because there are at least two recipes in there I might reference in the future). Will put 2 of the slow cooker recipe books (never used) on share the wealth.

Filling up the garbage and recycling cans with old paperwork and files on New Year's Eve. I sure know how to live it up.
adawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 02:10 AM  
Vantreesta

Happy New Year!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 07:49 AM  
sciencelady

Anyone starting a 2021 thread?
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
de-clutter, declutter, decluttering, downsizing, minimalist, minimizing