Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Vendor Comments/Reviews
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-17, 03:46 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Warning: kathysmith.com

If you buy something and there's nothing wrong, that's fine.

BUT: if there is a problem, here's what happens -- total non-responsive stonewall. There is a "contact" form. No response, ever. There is a phone #. Unfriendly machine voice just says that the person you're trying to contact is not available. No mention of Kathy Smith. No one ever is available, and calls are not returned.

My issue: I bought a "kit" of 3 DVDs and a calendar. The calendar was not included. I'd like to get it, but see the problem described above. I'm so annoyed I'd like to return those DVDs. Return instructions are on the website: call that phone # to get a return authorization code (problem: calls are not returned) and follow the instructions on the back of the packing slip (problem: it is blank!).

I have also sent emails to info@kathysmith.com, messages to Kathy Smith on facebook, and have posted on Kathy Smith's facebook page.

No reply, ever.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-17, 09:22 PM  
fanofladyvols

I am sorry to hear that.
Any chance you get any response through any of her other social media accounts? Like instagram?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-17, 09:27 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I am sorry to hear that.
Any chance you get any response through any of her other social media accounts? Like instagram?
I've tried Facebook. I don't do instagram; too old & ignorant.
Old 10-17-17, 09:41 PM  
fanofladyvols

I am too lazy to do Facebook, lol.

I hope someone jumps in with some other suggestions for you to resolve this and alleviate your disappointment / frustration

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 10-18-17, 08:39 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I read another thread in which Kathy's CS has gone downhill. This makes me so sad. She used to have a lady running her CS (forget name) and she was a peach - immediate response and fix. I had two communications with her - one over a wrong e-book and one over a video which did not include the promised free e-book. She fixed them both the same day and sent me a free DVD of the Rejuvenation Abs workout as an apology.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-17, 10:53 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I'm on her emailing list - she's hawking her own shakes and online workouts. I've tried replying to those emails. But the one this morning included a Utah mailing address. I'll find out if anyone will read the letter I'm going to write.
Old 10-20-17, 04:42 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

file a dispute with your credit card company? money (or charge back of money in this case) speaks louder than words.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-17, 12:05 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Thanks for the suggestion, Jeannine. I have filed a dispute. Now Kathy Smith's phantom customer service will have to deal with the Bank of America.

I also removed my subscription to her emailing list, and filled in the "why" box. And told her that I posted a warning on videofitness.com
Old 11-09-17, 05:24 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I wrote a letter on October 19 (also attached it to an email) and mailed it to the address that's on the bottom of all the Kathy Smith emails that are sent to sell things -
Kathy Smith Lifestyles
P.O. Box 680691
Park City, UT 84068

It was returned to me today with a USPS sticker:
RETURN TO SENDER
ATTEMPTED - NOT KNOWN
UNABLE TO FORWARD

And, no reply ever to my emails etc.

Bank of America Visa refunded the purchase price (provisional credit, in case Kathy Smith will reply to them and complete my order) - on October 23.
Old 11-09-17, 10:28 PM  
fanofladyvols

Wow

Tags
bad customer service, kathy smith