Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-16, 11:11 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Oh Karen, I don't think I heard of those. Does Mary carry them?

I really liked the looks of Bar Method.
Bubbles - yes, I bought them from Mary. I really like the instructor! There is also a Beyond Barre website where you can buy the DVD's. There is a short "glide board" workout at the end of each DVD, but I've never done those. Without those gliding workouts, the "regular" workouts are still about 50 minutes each.

I also like Bar Method - they have some great workouts.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-16, 04:00 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Fluidity NY Real Class
Wow, that's $120 on amazon. Not going to happen ha! But thanks for the rec. I'm really leaning toward Bar Method Super Sculpting II. Thanks Karen for the rec for Beyond Barre, but I looked at the clip and it was too dark for me. That was the problem I had with the original Pure Barre. I couldn't see what her body was doing.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-16, 04:16 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I like Barre 3 with Sadie Lincoln. I did not really work my abs well until I got her form pointers. I like her Love Your Lower Body Prevention set and Barre 3 Studio Shape. Barre 3 Burner is also good. I think she is intermediate with lovely form pointers.
Old 08-27-16, 05:10 PM  
desertMermaid

I haven't done barre in a while. But it used to be an addiction of mine and i've tried nearly all the different methods at least the mainstream ones. You might like the tracey mallet ones. I liked p57, pop physique ( haven't seen that one mentioned), my introduction was from Tracey effinger and i still have a soft spot for her. Not purely barre but grace lazenby rockin model is one i've held on to. I like larger range on motion workout with barre type moves. One that falls into this category is xtend barre. Alot of people like the Dailey method. I'm sure i'm forgetting something but its been a while and these are the ones that stick out in my memory.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-16, 08:35 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Wow, that's $120 on amazon. Not going to happen ha! But thanks for the rec. I'm really leaning toward Bar Method Super Sculpting II. Thanks Karen for the rec for Beyond Barre, but I looked at the clip and it was too dark for me. That was the problem I had with the original Pure Barre. I couldn't see what her body was doing.
Bubbles, I was really surprised that you thought Beyond Barre was too dark so I went down to my workout area and played the DVD's and, really, they are not dark at all! You can see what she is doing very easily.

Bar Method is certainly wonderful though!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-16, 09:10 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
I also like the Fluidity DVDs. They are less expensive on the official site. some day I'd love to have a Commercial Fluidity Dual User Barre.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-16, 06:00 AM  
lovinglove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
P57 is my favorite, as it uses heavier weights for upper body. I also like the Bar Method workouts everyone has mentioned, especially Change Your Body and Super Sculpting II. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Ballet Physique workouts (Signature Sculpt and Amped Up). Those are great too!
I love Ballet Physique and the fact, that they're mirror cueing!
lovinglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-16, 08:02 AM  
bubbles76

Hi Karen! It may be my computer or the links I saw, but it seemed dark to me. She was wearing gray tights and would work out against a gray background. Sometimes white, but the clips I saw was mostly gray, so it seemed that it blended to me. Not as bad as original Pure Barre, but still blended. I don't want to strain to see at all.

Lannette, thanks for the link! Ah LovingLove, I want those. My trade did not work out unfortunately. I still hope to get the two workouts one day. Maybe if I do well on the one dvd I buy (don't want to go overboard) then maybe I will treat myself at Christmas with this set. It seems really fun!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 09-01-16, 11:56 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post
I haven't done barre in a while. But it used to be an addiction of mine and i've tried nearly all the different methods at least the mainstream ones. You might like the tracey mallet ones. I liked p57, pop physique ( haven't seen that one mentioned), my introduction was from Tracey effinger and i still have a soft spot for her. Not purely barre but grace lazenby rockin model is one i've held on to. I like larger range on motion workout with barre type moves. One that falls into this category is xtend barre. Alot of people like the Dailey method. I'm sure i'm forgetting something but its been a while and these are the ones that stick out in my memory.
Which Tracey Mallett do you recommend? And I have both the Squeezes. I hope that Dailey Method is on its way to me soon.
Old 09-01-16, 01:02 PM  
SeekingWorkouts

I'm not sure about Sadie Lincoln's Barre3 videos, but the Barre3 workouts with Candace Ofcacek have three different exercisers so you can choose the level that suits you. They also include detailed instruction.

"Ballet Fit" and "Ballet Boot Camp" (that one's a bit more intense) are available on DVD.
SeekingWorkouts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, barre fusion