Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-31-15, 05:20 PM  
lorajc

Hi...I wanted to come to this thread and give my 2 cents. I just started this about 2.5 weeks ago and I'm sort of roughly following the diet plan, I'm basically using the containers except my lettuce...I eat a bit more....I am a vegetarian and a very picky eater and only eat minimal food group and I haven't been eating a lot of fruit for some reason. I won't go into much detail other than I'm not doing all of my containers and i think I cut about 400 calories a day with the adjustments I've made.

I have only done a week of the workouts so far and did kundalini yoga last week cuz i fell I'll with a bad GI flu.

I also don't really click with the instructor, but for variety I purchased the Extreme set and I like it much more and like her in it more.

I'm going to be 56 in Oct and am post menopausal and have been having a horrid time losing weight and so far I'm happy to say I've lost about 7 pounds!!!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-15, 08:25 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophb21 View Post
You can buy stuff from Mary to shop overseas. Just send her a message and she'll enable your country. She told me she has to enable them manually because she was having a lot of trouble with stolen credit card orders when she had all the countries listed. Sh definitely ships outside those areas I order from there to Australia.

Also just FYI I ordered the 21DF from Beachbody directly as they charge a lot less in international shipping. You have to call them though and tell them it's an international order and they might try to talk you into ordering it online but you have to say it doesn't work for international orders. Trust me I went through so many calls to different departments (and they're not cheap calls from my mobile) with different information being told to me by the operators. The customer service people at Beachbody are so very kind and nice but they have no idea about the products. Anyway the thing that is a bummer is the free DVDs they give to people for ordering the sets from a coach doesn't come free because I haven't ordered through a coach but I can't order through a coach because it's not available for international orders....a bit silly! So you have to buy the free DVD separate omit kinda adds up in the end for paying less in shipping.
You get the bonus DVD if you order from totalfitness: Mary is a coach.

To answer the OP's question is it any good - it works for me. It's my go-to program to tune up my strength and weight. Currently in a check-in, titled 21 Day Fix.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-15, 09:04 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Just a reminder: tag your threads and use the tag search! Searching for the tags "21 day fix," "21df," and many other related fix tags brings up MANY threads, but you MUST remember to tag your own threads!!! (I added 2 tags to this one.)

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-15, 09:33 PM  
lorajc

I thought the mods stopped thread tagging?

Monterey Idiot....I'll be back to the check in this week, I was very sick with the flu last week and only did yoga.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-15, 04:20 PM  
Jenmgo

How do you like 21 day fix extreme? Is it challenging for an advanced exerciser?
Jenmgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-15, 05:01 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Jenmgo, I don't know if you would find 21DFX challenging enough.

21DFX has things like flying jacks with weights (Cardio Fix Extreme). Relentless jumping with weights (Plyo Fix Extreme). A workout with more than 50 surrenders (Fix Challenge).
Pilates with a 15-lb resistance tube. A modifier who never goes to her knees for pushups.
Old 10-07-15, 05:06 PM  
rhbrand

Ok, I mostly finished a 21 Day Fix rotation. I wanted to murder Autumn in the end. I got so sick of her, I started subbing other workouts in.

There was just something about her that just irritated me by the mid of the second week.

The containers were ok, but since I'm starting a heavy weight lifting routine I quit them to eat more food to build muscle.

If you can put up with her its a good program, but I got tired of her very fast.
Old 10-07-15, 05:07 PM  
Jenmgo

Those sound like they might be challenging
How does it compare to
Say cathe level
Workouts ?
Thanks I haven't done the first 21 becusse it looks intermediate
Jenmgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-15, 11:03 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
Ok, I mostly finished a 21 Day Fix rotation. I wanted to murder Autumn in the end. I got so sick of her, I started subbing other workouts in.

There was just something about her that just irritated me by the mid of the second week.

The containers were ok, but since I'm starting a heavy weight lifting routine I quit them to eat more food to build muscle.

If you can put up with her its a good program, but I got tired of her very fast.
Autumn does seem to rub some people the wrong way. She never bothered me at all, and some other instructors do - I can't abide Tamela Hastie (Firm/Fitprime) or Tony Horton, and only very small doses of Chalene and Cathe.
Old 10-08-15, 10:00 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmgo View Post
Those sound like they might be challenging
How does it compare to
Say cathe level
Workouts ?
Thanks I haven't done the first 21 becusse it looks intermediate
I have 21DFX and also do alot of Cathe. I think that 21DFX can be made more difficult by just lifting heavier weights so I would say it's comparable. The rest periods are also shorter in this set than the original which makes it more advanced. HTH.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21 day fix, 21df