Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-15, 09:57 AM  
gilbjeter

Classic Firms

I keep reading about all the fabulous results many of you are having from working out to the classic firms. My question is where are these workoutsL are they old VHS tapes you already had? Can I find them online or can I purchase them on DVD anywhere?
Also are there series?? If so, which one gave you the best results??
gilbjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 10:11 AM  
muddjeansgal

They were released on dvd a few years back. They can be purchased from Fitness Favorites, Collage and Total Fitness DVDs.
Originally they were released on VHS and it would take about a year for each release. The creator would do a $50 presale to help fund the project.

The Classics are usually the first 6 workouts but some of the others like Firm Cardio and Firm Strength, and Tortoise and Hare are considered by some as Classics too.
Later, BMG video helped produce some titles around the late 90s. Those are classic in a sense since Anna Benson was the creative person behind those as well.

Clips can be found on youtube.
Sorry if I gave too much history.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 10:14 AM  
muddjeansgal

Also, lol.

I think a lot of results came from alternating Volume 1 and 2. But that was pretty much all there was for a long time.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 10:23 AM  
PhyllisG

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddjeansgal View Post
Also, lol.

I think a lot of results came from alternating Volume 1 and 2. But that was pretty much all there was for a long time.
That is so true. I alternated them for like what seemed forever. Plus I did them every day with no ill effects, injuries whatever. Never bothered my back either. Maybe I was just younger?!
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 10:24 AM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddjeansgal View Post
I think so too! These are the only Classics I still have. Volumes 3 and 4 are good too, but I've always thought 5 and 6 were too easy. 1 and 2 are killers!
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 10:46 AM  
Tugger31

I've seen all 6 FIRM Classics at Totalfitnessdvd and at Amazon.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 11:34 AM  
JulieIL

Collage video has these as well- and for $14.95 each!

Julie
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 11:46 AM  
dnna

www.fitnessfavorites sometimes has special pricing on sets of thee, worth a look over there. Annette who is running Fitness Favorites is responsible for bringing back the Firms on dvd, with chaptering. and she has also put "found material" from Anna Benson's computer and road trip material on dvd.
I definitely support Fitness Favorites -I was an original Firm Believer and it was tough waiting for the new release-now everyone is putting out "sets" at an alarming rate.
The classics-1 -6, the cross trainers, the tortoise and the are, are superb workouts. I was never injured either, and I was 36 when I got my first one.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 11:49 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Ah, the Volume 1/Volume 2 rotation is a classic in itself! That was my first rotation because those were the only workouts I owned.

I never warmed to Volume 3 - the combination of the music and Sandahl never jibed with me - but love the others. Volume 6 is still my favorite workout for getting back into fitness after a (vacation, illness, boredom) layoff.
Old 01-20-15, 12:19 PM  
TinaT

I would visit the site: http://www.fitnessfavorites.com/ Preview some the workouts to get a feel of what there like. Note that these began in 1986, so of course you'll see leg warmers and all kinds of vintage exercise wear. For me, that's what makes them special.

Anna was ahead of her time and a true genius in creating them. Nothing makes me feel more well worked than TheFIRM.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic firms, firm classics