Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-29-14, 12:58 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
Not to enable or anything, but Fitness Favorites sells Vols. 1-6 as a set for $89.19 plus shipping. It's listed under the FitPrime Special Packs for some strange reason.
I love FF, but someone needs to edit that website in a big way. What you mentioned, plus misspellings galore among other things.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 01:16 PM  
CatInTheHat

Get this one, used and cheap on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Firm-Parts-Upp...+standing+legs

And this one, also used and cheap on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Firm-Parts-Day...firm+5+day+abs
CatInTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 01:27 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatInTheHat View Post
Get this one, used and cheap on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Firm-Parts-Upp...+standing+legs

And this one, also used and cheap on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Firm-Parts-Day...firm+5+day+abs
You guys are relentless!
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 01:30 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
You guys are relentless!
Oh no, we're just trying to be helpful.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 03:12 PM  
Sandrine

Can you still use vhs? The tapes show up fairly regularly at thrift stores in my area for $1-2.
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 03:34 PM  
CatInTheHat

Quote:
You guys are relentless!
LOL. Now that you've expressed an interest in Tracie and the Firm, it's like I've got my hooks in you and I won't let go!

Actually, I don't think you will be able to find the classics for less than $20 unless you luck out somehow, so I was just trying to be creative and show you that you can have the best of it all for less. See?
CatInTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 05:44 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Following on bzbnmom's Firm thread....

I'll admit it. I'm fascinated by the Classic Firm workouts; have been ever since I found out about Collage Video. I keep watching clips of the early ones and I can't reconcile the observation that it seems like no one sweats (and has perfect hair and makeup) in these workouts with all the great reviews they get and all the descriptions of how tough they are. Is it just the clips I'm seeing that don't really give a full picture or did they take a lot of breaks to towel off and redo hair?

Now that I've discovered that I like Tracie Long, I'm giving The Classic Firms some real consideration, so I need some guidance. Aside from Tough Tape, I'm interested in Vols 1 and 2 (and maybe even 3-6) since it seems like these are regularly described as challenging or advanced.

I can even get past the outfits and dated hair: I grew up in the 80s so it's a bit of nostalgia for me. But help me understand how hard and intense the workouts are in the context of modern, advanced workouts (e.g. Patrick Goudea, Cathe, Michelle Dozios Peak 10, etc).

Thanks!
The Firm is pretty much my mainstay, though my Firm collection is more compact than it used to be. I really like the Crosstrainers myself, the Firm Strength/Firm Cardio pair and I recently tried the Tortoise/Hare set too and really like those. The only downer for me is that they are a little long. For a shorter option that hits everything, I like Tough Tape 2.

The classics are good but I only had 1, 2 and 5 and have since gotten rid of them. I prefer the Crosstrainers I guess, they are more my speed.

I don't compare the Firm to Cathe at all, Cathe is much tougher. I transitioned from the Firm to Cathe years ago, though I would still do the Firm. I have mostly gone back to the Firm though, I will do Cathe's Pyramid DVD once in a great while but that and one other DVD are all I have of hers now.

Lots of good choice though and most of the classic Firms have been recently been remastered into chaptered DVDs.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 07:04 AM  
Jeanne Marie

I am one of those who started my DVD workout "career" with the Firm Volume 1. That was my only DVD for several years. I did it over and over and over! Then I added in the other Classics and went from there.

I now do mainly Cathe and a few others, but still return to the Classics every once in a while. I've heard people say that Cathe is harder than the Firm Classics. I don't really think you can compare them. The Firm is every bit as hard if you use heavy weights.

I think you've gotten plenty of enabling here, but I have to add that if you've never done the Classics you're missing out!
Old 04-30-14, 07:05 AM  
Kellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I don't know anything about how they filmed the workouts. I do know that I was in very good shape when I did the classics, many moons ago. My favorite was Volume 6 aka "Boomers". Loved Jayne Poteet. I also really like Tracey Long's "Maximum Body Sculpting".

I can't do that tall box climb stuff any more. Or the high impact from the earlier volumes.

Jackie
I had a girl crush on Jayne Poteet.

The classics were groundbreaking videos. I have all of them and bought them at the time of release. I remember paying over 50.00 for the first one I bought, which was actually Vol 2 with Janet Jones Gretsky. (Also had a girl crush on her!)

I never bought the classics on DVD, but once in a while I'll pop in the VHS and workout with the non-sweaty people. Still adore them.
Kellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 07:10 AM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
The Firm is pretty much my mainstay, though my Firm collection is more compact than it used to be. I really like the Crosstrainers myself, the Firm Strength/Firm Cardio pair and I recently tried the Tortoise/Hare set too and really like those.
x2! I really don't care for the Classics, I had them all at one point but only kept Vol. 2 because it was my first. The Crosstrainers are the ones I do the most, as well as the parts workouts that came from those. Tortoise and Total Body Shaping Mix are probably my most used Firm workouts.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic firms, firm classics, the firm