Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-28-14, 06:59 PM  
marya

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalliope999 View Post
Out of curiosity, which moves does everyone think the waist-tightening comes from?
For me, it comes mostly from twisting moves in the Basic Workout--Jazz Twist and T-Tapp Twist. Especially T-Tapp Twist! The knees-to-little-toe stance really increases the effectiveness of the twisting movements; I can feel them wringing out my entire abdominal region.

I initially purchased T-Tapp workouts because of claims regarding increased energy rather than inch/weight loss. The energy thing didn't happen for me with T-Tapp, only with walking workouts and kundalini yoga. However, T-Tapp does strengthen my knees, and whenever they start bothering me, it's time to dust off my T-Tapps.

I was intrigued by the post suggesting that persons other than Teresa Tapp lead some of the workouts. I would second this suggestion, and not only for the sake of variety. Teresa is extremely limber, and I don't think she adequately advises persons who are not. Some of the trainers who post on the T-Tapp Forums (especially the ever-creative Trisch Richardson) seem to have more insight into the needs of less flexible, less fit people.
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-14, 07:19 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

T-Tapp is very effective, but yes, the boredom factor is an issue.

It's one of those workouts that the better your form gets, the more you sweat!
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-14, 02:05 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
Every year someone posts some amazing T-Tapp results and I always wander over to her site (who wouldn't want some of these results!), but that "spot reduction" talk there sure is a turn off. Plus I've noticed quite a few people saying it caused or increased back problems and I'm just too scared to try it. The library has her book; I guess I'll just flip through that and see what I think.
I'm one of the ones who found T-Tapp to cause back pain. (And I have a good back.) This is apparently unusual. That's what folks kept telling me.

So, I wouldn't know if I would have had any results as I quit before I hurt myself.

I attended a live class with Teresa years ago. I asked her about it and she rudely blew me and my question off. There was another VFer there and we were both surprised about that attitude. The TT trainers in class were very nice and helpful. Teresa was super limber and in great shape. Too bad she was such a beeyatch to me.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-14, 03:43 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by marya View Post
For me, it comes mostly from twisting moves in the Basic Workout--Jazz Twist and T-Tapp Twist. Especially T-Tapp Twist! The knees-to-little-toe stance really increases the effectiveness of the twisting movements; I can feel them wringing out my entire abdominal region.

I initially purchased T-Tapp workouts because of claims regarding increased energy rather than inch/weight loss. The energy thing didn't happen for me with T-Tapp, only with walking workouts and kundalini yoga. However, T-Tapp does strengthen my knees, and whenever they start bothering me, it's time to dust off my T-Tapps.

I was intrigued by the post suggesting that persons other than Teresa Tapp lead some of the workouts. I would second this suggestion, and not only for the sake of variety. Teresa is extremely limber, and I don't think she adequately advises persons who are not. Some of the trainers who post on the T-Tapp Forums (especially the ever-creative Trisch Richardson) seem to have more insight into the needs of less flexible, less fit people.
I actually had a Skype session with Trisch just yesterday. She gave me some great ideas on how to make T-Tapp work for me and also stressed how to really make certain moves work for me, without extending as far as Teresa does. So, just another shout out for Trisch, she's an excellent T-tapp resource and one of the nicest people I've met. A real gem!
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-14, 02:08 AM  
marya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
I actually had a Skype session with Trisch just yesterday. She gave me some great ideas on how to make T-Tapp work for me and also stressed how to really make certain moves work for me, without extending as far as Teresa does. So, just another shout out for Trisch, she's an excellent T-tapp resource and one of the nicest people I've met. A real gem!
Suzie, how wonderful! My computer is too ancient for Skype, but Trisch would definitely be my choice for a trainer.
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-14, 03:38 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
I'm one of the ones who found T-Tapp to cause back pain. (And I have a good back.) This is apparently unusual. That's what folks kept telling me.

So, I wouldn't know if I would have had any results as I quit before I hurt myself.

I attended a live class with Teresa years ago. I asked her about it and she rudely blew me and my question off. There was another VFer there and we were both surprised about that attitude. The TT trainers in class were very nice and helpful. Teresa was super limber and in great shape. Too bad she was such a beeyatch to me.
Wow Alta...that's too bad. I went to a workshop that Teresa Tapp did, and overall it was a good experience. However, during the lunch she came over to the table and got to know everyone (which was sweet) and I told my story of how I ended up to T-Tapp. That story starts with a back injury that I started managing with Pilates, and when when I mentioned Pilates, she got mad/annoyed. It's weird cuz I wasn't dissing her...and in fact my story ended with T-Tapp giving me something Pilates didn't. After she left, everyone at the table was as surprised as I was.

Overall, I got a lot from T-Tapp - I lost weight quickly, but I did find it to aggravate some muscle imbalances I had and I backed off from it. I went to the workshop to get corrections, and in fact I got a lot of tips that help me a lot from both the workshop with Teresa and one with another trainer. I find T-Tapp to be really great, but it is very form-sensitive, both for getting results and for preventing injury.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-14, 04:42 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

The book is, uh, all kinds of snake-oil crazy so far. One exercise will lower your blood glucose by 62-85 points just like an insulin shot, you won't have to count calories when you T-Tapp, you build up to seven pounds of muscle in a single week, you can spot reduce and manage all sorts of diseases, etc. I appreciate all the good reviews, but it's very hard to get past all this.
Old 02-01-14, 05:05 PM  
kali

Thanks

Quote:
The book is, uh, all kinds of snake-oil crazy so far. One exercise will lower your blood glucose by 62-85 points just like an insulin shot, you won't have to count calories when you T-Tapp, you build up to seven pounds of muscle in a single week, you can spot reduce and manage all sorts of diseases, etc. I appreciate all the good reviews, but it's very hard to get past all this.
Thanks for sharing so far, everyone. Interesting to hear about people's pleasant & not-so-pleasant experiences with Teresa herself. I think I'll still give it a shot. CristinaLatina, awesome before & after pics, BTW; it's motivating! But I will probably avoid Terera's book claims in that case!
Old 02-01-14, 05:12 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
Wow Alta...that's too bad. I went to a workshop that Teresa Tapp did, and overall it was a good experience. However, during the lunch she came over to the table and got to know everyone (which was sweet) and I told my story of how I ended up to T-Tapp. That story starts with a back injury that I started managing with Pilates, and when when I mentioned Pilates, she got mad/annoyed. It's weird cuz I wasn't dissing her...and in fact my story ended with T-Tapp giving me something Pilates didn't. After she left, everyone at the table was as surprised as I was.
All of us megalomaniacs are moody.

Quote:
I haven't read the book nor been on her forum since I first was interested in T-Tapp. I her a hard time with all the supplement talk. I forget now, but there was some kind of spray to put in the mouth. And, I think dry-brushing the skin is great, but it didn't erase any cellulite...

At the time I took the class (2001), she claimed to be in the process of appearing on Oprah. I don't know if that ever happened.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inch loss, lymphatic system, rude instructors, t tapp, t-tapp pain, t-tapp results, teresa tapp