Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-14, 01:25 AM  
kali

Finally tried T Tapp

Okay, so I know I'm not the 1st person to post something of a similar vein regarding T Tapp. I'm not going to lie, my feelings about T Tapp were initially ambivalent at best- I've wondered about the claims reg'd all the inch loss results people seem to experience. I have looked around on the web, have read some people's blog reviews, and the results seemed to be mixed. I also read many of the posts here on VF, and it also seems to be mixed opinions as well. I asked myself, is Ms. Tapp brilliant, or is she a snake oil saleswoman?

Well I was lucky to acquire the T Tapp Basic Workout Plus DVD from a used book store for only $6.00!! So I finally did the Instructional workout on Disc 2. What I found interesting was that my heart rate actually did go up, even though I only broke a light sweat. I also felt slightly warm. And my arms definitely felt fatigued. However, when I did the actual "workout" on Disc 2, I didn't feel much of anything, at least not in comparison to the Instructional!
I know I'm in the minority here, I wasn't bothered by the lack of music or her quirky instruction, especially since I was too busy trying to get the form right. I'm pear-shaped, and while I know the prevailing belief is that there's no such thing as spot-reducing, I wonder if any one out there has in fact experienced significant inch loss, and if so, was it using only T Tapp? I also did peruse the T Tapp website, but I'm still trying to understand the science behind the moves, and how it works the lymphatic system, cellulite, cinches the waist, etc, and how much weight people lose. Thanks!
Old 01-27-14, 04:58 AM  
pgun3

I have tried it but have not stuck with it BUT when I did the workout yes my heart rate went up, my muscles actually got tired. I don't know if it works or not but maybe if I gave it a longer chance it would????
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 06:09 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

One of my real-life friends does t-Tapp and swears by it. She has lost significant inches, and she says it really doesn't take much time. I could never get into t-Tapp, personally.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 06:17 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Years ago I tried T-Tapp, liked it in a strange way (the moves are, frankly, a bit weird) and ended up acquiring many DVDs. I was excited about this novel style of working out, and even attended a clinic to ensure I was doing the moves right (I was). But after working out for many months I never even lost an inch. I was very disappointed, the novelty faded and the moves became really Boring for me (with a capital B). End of T-Tapp.

I still have the DVDs, fwiw.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 07:05 AM  
Demeris

I like t-tapp.

wait

I love t-tapp. I always find it challenging, regardless of my fitness level. I don't know about cinching in the waist because I have an hourglass figure (or what Teresa calls a combo). I don't think Teresa makes many claims about cellulite reduction from her workouts--she does swear by body brushing, though.

I'm not bothered by the lack of music, mostly because I'm working so hard that music would be a distraction.

For me, t-tapp is about keeping my back and my knees in working order. If I go a week without t-tapp, my knees bother me. If I go two weeks without t-tapp, my back acts up (both are exercise-induced injuries--so I was grateful to find exercise-induced relief).

Everything I know about good form in barre or AWT comes from what I know about good form in T-tapp.

Truthfully, the only inch loss I get, since turning 35, comes from what I choose not to eat rather than from exercise.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 09:32 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I did T-Tapp for many years...I had her workouts on VHS (gasp!). I felt like I stayed limber and worked out but I got so bored doing the workouts. Then I moved on to other things. I'm glad she's developed the program and that so many people use it.

I never had any inch loss with T-Tapp but I would agree with Demeris that I also need to watch what I eat. What I do to workout doesn't seem to matter...it's all food.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 09:33 AM  
SuzieC

I like T-Tapp too. Have even taken a few online courses and some Skype sessions. I love Teresa Tapp. I think I like listening to her more than doing the workouts. I know it sounds creepy but i just find she makes *sense*. Take that with a grain of salt, though, because I think Tracy Anderson makes sense too.

I usually stop doing T-Tapp after a week or two of being consistent with it because for some reason, my hip & back acts up from the twisting moves. I don't think it's the T-Tapp, I think it's my body.

I didn't lose inches from doing Basic workout, but I notice my abs are def. flatter after being consistent with Hit the Floor for just a week. I'll usually do Basic workout on a rest day or throw in Hit the Floor now and then, but I'm not really consistent with T-Tapp. I would do Hit the Floor more often, but right now Continuity is taking up a lot of my time.

I do love the skin brushing (I had purchased the CRT system). The brush I got through T-Tapp is the best brush ever and I use it every day. I usually wake up with a stiff back, and that brush provides me with a lot of relief in the morning just by gently brushing over the area.

Last edited by SuzieC; 01-27-14 at 09:34 AM. Reason: typo
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-14, 05:37 AM  
cristinalatina

ME!!!!

See before and afters here http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=190103

Love T-tapp and always will! the only thing that gave me such dramatic results!

I still am about 8 lbs over pre-pregnancy weight and wear the exact same size (6!)
Old 01-28-14, 06:02 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Every year someone posts some amazing T-Tapp results and I always wander over to her site (who wouldn't want some of these results!), but that "spot reduction" talk there sure is a turn off. Plus I've noticed quite a few people saying it caused or increased back problems and I'm just too scared to try it. The library has her book; I guess I'll just flip through that and see what I think.
Old 01-28-14, 09:07 AM  
pattyd0319

I love T-Tapp and go to it whenever my back or hips hurt from my other workouts. Like magic, it always does the trick. That T-Tapp twist move works wonders on my hip flexors which are pretty tight from running. I like to add in the Basic Workout Plus in 2 or 3 times a week when my body feels achy.

T-Tapp is not enough for maintaining upper body strength and I still need cardio and and a sensible diet to maintain my weight. I would love to experiment with some of the other T-Tapp workouts but I don't have a lot of time and do not want to sacrifice my other workouts.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inch loss, lymphatic system, rude instructors, t tapp, t-tapp pain, t-tapp results, teresa tapp