Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-27-13, 06:42 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

"You're not gonna get the butt you want, by seatting on the butt you have" they made me when I heard this on their video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
Awww, I can't believe the shipping is that much extra!
Me neither... That's a big shame... I was already seeing myself sliding all over my living room

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-13, 07:44 PM  
bee1forfitness

I always wonder why shipping is so much to Canada ?? $100 is crazy...I think I'll call them just to make sure that, that's right or maybe workout a shipping deal with you just like RKS did a few years ago.

I know for sure that they sell the Slide Broads in Canada, since it was and still is used as a training tool for Hockey players. My 2 favorite workout equipments are my Kettlebells and my Slide Broad for the positive things they do for me fitness wise
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-13, 08:28 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
I always wonder why shipping is so much to Canada ?? $100 is crazy...I think I'll call them just to make sure that, that's right or maybe workout a shipping deal with you just like RKS did a few years ago.

I know for sure that they sell the Slide Broads in Canada, since it was and still is used as a training tool for Hockey players. My 2 favorite workout equipments are my Kettlebells and my Slide Broad for the positive things they do for me fitness wise
Bee, if you get to call, please let me know what they said!

I also wonder why shipping to Canada is that expensive it is deceiving when I find a good deal and the shipping costs end to be higher than the item itself... Specially if into the US shipping is just $19.99 I don't have the RKS system, so I've no idea what was the deal a few years ago

I got The Rack Workout system at $99.99 with 8 dvds and free shipping, but as it was coming to Canada, the surcharge was only $14.99 (not $100), it was good to me considering that it weights 30lbs, why other companies can't ship this way?

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 11-27-13, 09:43 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Well, I just have to post that I found another site for the same system www.buyobsidian.com, instead of www.tryobsidian.com (where it says $100 surcharge to Canada), and when I check shipping to Canada is $29.99!! that means just $10 more instead of $100 I'm wondering now if they just wrote "100" instead of "10" by mistake And if I can do my own board as the other vfer mentioned plus 7 dvds that could be a good deal I still think this system has a good price considering to other systems in the market, def. it is going to my whish list for after holidays season, because I want to have a Merry Xmas and a Happy NY lol

Old 11-28-13, 01:46 AM  
bee1forfitness

That's great...I was just getting ready to go on their FB page and ask what's up with Canada shipping surcharges of $100.

That's actually a pretty good deal for a slide, shoe covers and DVD for $119. Some workout system cost that and more for just DVDS
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-13, 02:02 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
That's great...I was just getting ready to go on their FB page and ask what's up with Canada shipping surcharges of $100.
Awwww... Thanks! That's so sweet of you!

Quote:
That's actually a pretty good deal for a slide, shoe covers and DVD for $119. Some workout system cost that and more for just DVDS
And mitts! I agree it sounds good to me, plus one has the option to get 7 additional dvds, I think 10 dvds is enough to keep someone busy for a good while!

As you mentioned b4 hockey players train with this, I remembered that's how I saw it once on youtube, I thought just athletes were using it, I didn't have idea people were training with this at home!

I really want to try this! Again... It looks like so much fun...

But, it seems like you can't "fold" it, isn't? I think I saw a few ones (pictures) while googling yesterday, and they were folded.

ETA: I meant "rollable."

Old 11-28-13, 02:58 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Tabata with slide/Kettlebell swings as cross training add-on. Great Cardio/Toning workout...
That sounds pretty good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirlinFl888 View Post
But she is right. The only time I had those thigh and toned inner thighs was when I was using Reebok slide board. It was incredible for my lower body, so much so that I am currently seeking another one. It is good for cardio and left me sweating but man, I could crush a walnut with my thighs!
Now, you made me want a slide board even more!

Old 11-28-13, 04:38 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Maybe bearcatfan will chime in because I know she made her own slideboard. You may be able to search for her advice on that.

I have been meaning to make one myself and had these instructions bookmarked. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1317126/

I had a board many years ago and loved it but tried to buy some in the past few years on CL and had nothing but bad luck with that. If you are going to try to find a used one, be sure to unroll it and try it out before the sale finishes because many of the older ones have creases that will stop or slow you as you try to slide back and forth and you won't necessarily see that with just a casual glance.
Old 11-28-13, 03:46 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
Maybe bearcatfan will chime in because I know she made her own slideboard. You may be able to search for her advice on that.

I have been meaning to make one myself and had these instructions bookmarked. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1317126/

I had a board many years ago and loved it but tried to buy some in the past few years on CL and had nothing but bad luck with that. If you are going to try to find a used one, be sure to unroll it and try it out before the sale finishes because many of the older ones have creases that will stop or slow you as you try to slide back and forth and you won't necessarily see that with just a casual glance.
Thank you Sarah!! I'll check it out!

Old 11-29-13, 08:44 AM  
violingal3

Hi bee1 - you are killing me here!!! Slim Slide with Kim Alexis was my first workout VHS ever and I probably did the slide everyday for three years before Firm Vol. 1!

This looks great - especially the Dash gym! I am going to be in Salt Lake next week, I wish I wasn't traveling with co-workers, otherwise I'd try and go take a class and check out the slide boards! LOL

Who is going to break down and try it out!?!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buyobsidian, gliding, obsidian, obsidian fitness, slide boards, sliding, tryobsidian, ultraslide, ultraslide downloads