Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-13, 12:32 PM  
ttruck

TA glute- Meta or continuity

Hi all!
I am very interested in glutecentric. I think that I need it for sure. Overall, do you guys think that it was better to start with Meta and go into continuity or just start with continuity? I am just trying to decide. Thanks in advance!!
- ttruck
ttruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 07:07 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

From what I read here some people (like Fuzzie) didn't click with Meta but they love Continuity. I have Continuity Abcentric, as well as Meta Hip and Ab. I never finished a Meta program due to my exercise ADD but I didn't have any problems starting up with Continuity when I got it. I enjoy it more because there's less repetitions in the leg exercises. However, I also am familiar with Tracy's workouts and I had no trouble picking up the exercises. If you are new to Tracy there may be a learning curve.

Not sure if that helps. Maybe others will chime in.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 07:29 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Yup, I am one of those who didn't click with Meta but LOVE Continuity (now on 2.1). I think I prefer Continuity because the moves are more interesting/complex and there are fewer reps (40 reps on Meta and generally 20-30 reps on Continuity). That said, I believe my initial negative reaction to Meta was in part due to my surprise that there was so much work on all fours (especially in Glute) and inconsistent editing (she does not always do the same on both sides). This is still true in Continuity - especially the first few sets - but I learned to work with it. I would actually be curious to do Meta now to see how I feel about it but I traded my set very quickly
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 07:33 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
I would actually be curious to do Meta now to see how I feel about it but I traded my set very quickly
The burn is intense with 40 reps.
I tried Glutecentric again.

Did you know that in year 3, it's all Omni?
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 08:03 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
Did you know that in year 3, it's all Omni?
Yes and I am thrilled about it because I always feel like I am missing out on something by doing just one centric I also read that the workouts are longer and I'm not sure how I feel about that - on one hand I can't wait for the extra challenge but on the other hand I find that the 30-minute format is just so convenient. Are you in year 3 yet?
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 02:00 PM  
ttruck

Thanks for all the responses! I ended up ordering meta with the continuity to follow!! Looking forward to trying Glute!!!
ttruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 04:40 PM  
raeven

Do the continuity workouts have so much all four work as well? I'm currently in omni meta and am only on level 2. Was just curious though.
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
continuity, glutecentric, metamorphosis, omnicentric, tracy anderson