Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-13, 02:53 PM  
LauraBella

TA Meta Vs. Perfect Design?

I have and enjoy Tracy's mat workout, but I never bit the bullet on perfect design. Now I'm considering Meta (Glute), but I am wondering about the Perfect Design series, too. There's comparatively little about them (when you consider all the WORDS that start flowing the minute someone types those two little letters: TA).

Thoughts on comparing the two? Any threads you'd like to resurect on that?
Old 03-08-13, 05:05 PM  
JulieIL

I'm interested in what others have to say about PD as well.
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-13, 06:01 PM  
Stephanie_B

I remember PD being a PITA as far as finding a chair for me, but I do like the workouts. I'd probably opt for Meta though because they are shorter, but she packs a lot into those workouts...no explaining just go go go.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-13, 07:41 PM  
bayportsmom

I liked PD, but really feel like meta gives just as good a workout in a much shorter time. I've loaned out all of my PD series, and I don't really miss them.
bayportsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-13, 09:44 PM  
F1mom

I got PDS from Open Sky for cheap with a $10 off first time buyer coupon. I haven't opened it yet but I wanted something to go with my Meta set so I don't get bored.

There are a few reviews here and there about it. Hardcore TA fans liked it. I think if you have Meta and Mat it will be easy to figure out what she's doing.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-13, 06:47 AM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraBella View Post

Thoughts on comparing the two?
Meta is 30 minutes muscular structure & 30 minutes cardio; bright, cheerful set; minimal cueing; 40 reps for legs; all floor work.

The PDS workouts range from 45 to 50 minutes for muscular structure, and then you can add your own cardio (if you're following the whole "MS + cardio" per day). The leg reps range from 20-30, combines floor and standing work with chair; no weighted arms (if I remember correctly?); there is more cueing; the set is dark.

Here's a blogger who did a post about PDS: http://happyhealthybalance.blogspot....ct-design.html

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)

Last edited by furmomof6; 03-09-13 at 06:51 AM. Reason: added more
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glutecentric, metamorphosis, perfect design series, tracy anderson