Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-13, 11:43 AM  
cristinalatina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
It's not as easy as it looks. On some days, 20 minutes is all I can get through!
I agree with Marci.

By the way, if your legs are finding this hard, wait until you try Instructional 2! It's very tough on the legs, especially the lunge sequence. Now that I'm getting heavier and more easily tired, I break it up in 2 20-minute sessions that I do over a 2-day period (there are convenient water breaks every 10 minutes or so), then do instructional 1 to rest my leg muscles, and repeat to complete the week. It adds up to 2 hours of exercise a week. If I'm sore I do Step Away the Inches instead. I would love to do more, but I just feel too tired now. I don't feel guilty - in the T-tapp booklet Teresa advises you to do the Total Workout twice a week to maintain results. I am too pregnant to try the Total - the balance in Instructional 2 is too precarious for me already! but I guess this adaptation is satisfactory for both pregnant people and beginners.

About Organs in Place - the name sounds so yucky it was one of the original reasons I Joni-Od the dvds. Soooo yuck it is also contraindicated in pregnancy, so I don't do it, but after I deliver I do plan to do it, and I'm willing to bet it will be effective.
Old 02-25-13, 11:56 AM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Haha, I asked this same thing in an old T-Tapp thread! If you do a search, Lannette (sp?) gave a really good response to my concerns. I think. It's been a while, but I remember having the same concerns (and I even used the word innards, too. )

ETA: Haha, did a search for innards and easily found the thread:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...innards&page=4
Ha ha! Twisted minds thinks alike! That word really was really the only one that came to mind because I am currently reading (and obsessed) with a series of YA books by Charlie Higson called The Enemy series, and it's about a zombie apocalypse where everyone over the age of 16 are infected and only children are left to try and survive on their own. It's an awesome series and guts and innards abound throughout. Very fun to combine my love of VF and zombies during a gruesome scene of "innards" falling out and me thinking, "I wonder if Organs in Place would correct that?"
Old 02-25-13, 12:07 PM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Haha, I asked this same thing in an old T-Tapp thread! If you do a search, Lannette (sp?) gave a really good response to my concerns. I think. It's been a while, but I remember having the same concerns (and I even used the word innards, too. )

ETA: Haha, did a search for innards and easily found the thread:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...innards&page=4
Oh! And thanks for the link! I followed it to Lannete's blog and read her explanation about OIP and while I am still scared, I very interested in trying it. Since she said OIP and Half Frogs have kegels pretty much built in maybe this will help with my post-pregnancy "leakage" issues when jumping, coughing, sneezing...is that too much TMI? LOL!
Old 02-25-13, 12:11 PM  
sophiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post

Like everyone else who read the other thread I raced to Amazon and bought the book, then started doing YouTube videos. It's definitely harder than I thought but I'm so encouraged -- I've lost an inch off my waist so far and my midsection has barely changed no matter what I've done since delivering DD.

Today is the first day I tried the entire 15 minute workout from the book and I broke a sweat. I definitely wasn't expecting that. Plus I really feel it in my transverse abdominus muscles.

Here's to T Tapping!
So, I hope you're going to blog or do a write up of your T Tapp experience!
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-13, 12:23 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiesmom View Post
So, I hope you're going to blog or do a write up of your T Tapp experience!
I'll be posting about my progress at my Blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy View Post
Oh! And thanks for the link! I followed it to Lannete's blog and read her explanation about OIP and while I am still scared, I very interested in trying it. Since she said OIP and Half Frogs have kegels pretty much built in maybe this will help with my post-pregnancy "leakage" issues when jumping, coughing, sneezing...is that too much TMI? LOL!
Don't wait, do it now! I tried OIP just using the instructions from the website and it did move my bladder up and back. Hard to explain but I don't have to go every five minutes anymore.

Now if only her website wasn't so hard to understand.

BTW, was anyone wiped out when first starting? I did the 15 minute workout this morning and I need a nap!
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-13, 02:55 PM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:

Don't wait, do it now! I tried OIP just using the instructions from the website and it did move my bladder up and back. Hard to explain but I don't have to go every five minutes anymore.

Now if only her website wasn't so hard to understand.

BTW, was anyone wiped out when first starting? I did the 15 minute workout this morning and I need a nap!
Ok, you've talked me into it. Think I will give it a try before I work out tonight to kick my ab work into high gear. I just got notification that my book has shipped, so I can't wait until it gets here. Just going to have to settle for the YouTube videos for now.

I ordered my book directly from her website and if I read it correctly, I think I get a couple bonuses with my book, including another 10 minute workout dvd! I HOPE I read that right, it was supposed to be the February special or something. Of course, I had to pay more for shipping, but I guess that evens out if I do happen to get the extra dvd.
Old 03-09-13, 03:59 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
That's great, pgun3! Which T-Tapp dvd did you do?
Sorry for the late answer but I did the basic instructional workout 1
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-13, 04:15 PM  
pgun3

Quote:

Hmmmm, I'm wondering is this why I have been so tired the last few days?????
Old 03-09-13, 04:19 PM  
pgun3

I have to say since I have started doing the T-tapp instructional 1 dvd I feel like I am wearing a gridle. I feel like my core is activated all day long. And when I drive I usually have my seat reclined slightly as I hate it if it feels like it is to straight up and down, well now when I drive I don't sit with my back on the seat, I am sitting completely straight??? What's up with that? LOL

I haven't lost any inches yet (I think) but that could because my hormones are all whacked! I just finished my period and 4 days later I am having horrible cramps and I have started again. Ugh!
Old 03-09-13, 05:04 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

When I was doing TTapp I took a couple of workshops so the instructor check my form she told me I was fine just needed a little alignment clarification. But it is HARD and works your whole body. I was told to eat a piece of fruit or some almonds before TTapp as your body feels tires quickly as you are Ttapping deep. That TTapp Twist was the hardest. I believe it took a few months of just Instructional #1 before I went on to disc 2.

About those Hoedowns - My TTapp year my DH and I took a long 16 hour drive to visit his family. When we would stop for bathroom breaks I would go in the handicap stall and do a set of 2 of the Hoedowns. They saved my back and butt.

I applaud you ladies and keep on TTapping. I might take my instructional DVDs off the exchange and start again at a later date. Organs in place really does work.

MariaW
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
t tapp