Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-13, 11:18 AM  
yahoo205

Helen, why do you think Omni is the most challenging? Is it a ton of plank work?

Elisa, that is interesting about getting the centric for where you first gain/gained weight.

I would also be hips and thighs based on that but I'm a little reluctant about hip because I now gain weight a bit more symmetrically now. Also, from prior threads it seems that people lost their butt with hipcentric but not glutecentric. I definitely don't want a flat butt.

I always get reintrigued by these TAM threads.

I was thinking of borrowing a friend's Metamorphosis Hipcentric. Don't know anyone with Glute or Omni. Is it worth doing meta or is it really best to start with continuity? I tried a couple of Hipcentrics a while ago and thought they were hard.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-13, 11:56 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
Helen, why do you think Omni is the most challenging? Is it a ton of plank work?
I think Omni was the most challenging when it came to the original Meta not necessarily Continuity. But I didn't try Hip Meta. I do know that the odd levels were the same but it was the even levels that were tougher to me. Omni has planks but I'm used to planks. It was the two limb all fours work that I was not used to doing at the time. That's what made Omni challenging to me. Then just when you're used to doing that, TA has to challenge you further by having you balance with a vertical 3 lb. db starting with the first Continuity level.
Old 02-19-13, 12:03 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan76 View Post
Hi Helen!

I have a question for you if you don't mind

I decided to cancel my Abcentric Continuity at 2.2 and decided to continue with Omnicentric Continuity only-- would you recommend that I re-start back up with Abcentric Continuity (I guess I would start up again at Abcentric 2.3) ??

Or I they both similar enough that I can get by with just Omnicentric Continuity only?
Hi Cheryl,

Sorry, I can't help because you are doing higher levels than I am. I did the three different Metas twice since I originally didn't want to pay for Continuity. I'm also only doing TA MS 2x a week so it takes me a long time to go through three different centrics.

I do think that TA levels get harder as you progress. I recently went backwards to easier Abcentrics since I didn't have some earlier Continuity levels. I recently received these Continuity levels from Gilt. They seem so much easier than the current levels that I'm doing. So if you were going to get Abcentric Continuity again, I would probably start at the same level that you are at with Omni or the next level up.
Old 02-19-13, 02:24 PM  
Gatorfan76

No problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
Hi Cheryl,

Sorry, I can't help because you are doing higher levels than I am. I did the three different Metas twice since I originally didn't want to pay for Continuity. I'm also only doing TA MS 2x a week so it takes me a long time to go through three different centrics.

I do think that TA levels get harder as you progress. I recently went backwards to easier Abcentrics since I didn't have some earlier Continuity levels. I recently received these Continuity levels from Gilt. They seem so much easier than the current levels that I'm doing. So if you were going to get Abcentric Continuity again, I would probably start at the same level that you are at with Omni or the next level up.

Hi Helen!
Not a problem, I was just curious Thank you anyway

Hmmm- fellow Cheryl -momof10- would you be able to answer my question ? Here it is again----

I decided to cancel my Abcentric Continuity at 2.2 and decided to continue with Omnicentric Continuity only-- would you recommend that I re-start back up with Abcentric Continuity (I guess I would start up again at Abcentric 2.3) ??

Or I they both similar enough that I can get by with just Omnicentric Continuity only?
Old 02-19-13, 02:38 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
I would also be hips and thighs based on that but I'm a little reluctant about hip because I now gain weight a bit more symmetrically now. Also, from prior threads it seems that people lost their butt with hipcentric but not glutecentric. I definitely don't want a flat butt.
I'm not Helen, but my butt is not flat with hipcentric... however, glute would probably lift it more. Have you stood in front of a mirror and lifted your glute with your hand? If your saddle bags disappear (LOL, if you even have any) then you are glute. If they don't change much, go for hip. Terrie
eventmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-13, 10:57 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I have Glute and Hip Meta workouts, since I couldn't decide between the two centrics. Both are good. DH says that my abs are more my problem area (though when I was younger this was never the case!) Menopause really puts a damper on things.

I never loved floorwork either, but I find these a bit meditative because you have to be in the zone.

Pam

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-13, 07:42 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

I originally bought Hip. I did about 6 levels then noticed that my hips were too small and my lower abs looked like they needed work. So I quit Hip and bought Abcentric. For Continuity I bought Ab because I heard it was the most challenging. I just received all my DVD's from Gilt so I will break the seal on them soon.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-13, 07:45 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I like Glute even though it's supposed to be the easiest.
My check-in buddy sunnyside summed it really well: it seems less "torquey" than Omni.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-13, 08:25 AM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan76 View Post
Hi Helen!
Not a problem, I was just curious Thank you anyway

Hmmm- fellow Cheryl -momof10- would you be able to answer my question ? Here it is again----

Cheryl - I think you could get by with OMNI. I just think Abcentric, for me, is much more challenging than OMNI Continuity. I would do OMNI for 90 days and see what you think. Then, if you felt you wanted to go back to Abcentric, then you can start up again with Abcentric 2.3. I hope this helps.

Cheryl
Old 02-20-13, 03:24 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
I like Glute even though it's supposed to be the easiest.
My check-in buddy sunnyside summed it really well: it seems less "torquey" than Omni.
Glute hurts the stabilizing leg the most. In Glute, TA has a bunch of all fours work using different angles. So my stabilizing leg is always burning. So it hurts in that sense. With Omni and Ab, you're doing different things at various positions so I don't get that burning sensation.

Tags
metamorphosis, omnicentric, ta meta, tracy anderson