Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-31-12, 12:33 AM  
nastsm0m

I have almost all her workouts and really like them. Some more then others Anyway I am curious to see what/how you gals plan to rotate them. Please share which workouts and which days if you have time.
nastsm0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 01:56 AM  
pollytc

I was curious as well if there is a rotation from her originals.
Old 12-31-12, 09:27 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loric View Post
I'm def a fan of the older ones, but since I have them all, I might just branch out & include the newer ones. I'm just not a huge fan of compound workouts though.
I, like others, was in my absolute best shape when I was doing Ripped, Slim & Lean, & Ripped & Chiseled consistently.
I could have written this! In the past, I have only done S&L, RTTC and GR&C but I have branched out, too, and acquired some of her other workouts (GER, GER1000).

I'm encouraged by how many attribute their "best shape" to Jari -- why did we all stray, LOL?!

And I'd be interested in a check-in, but I've gotten terrible at staying consistent checking in... I might would use it to do a "countdown" type post, tracking all the Jari's I use...(?)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 09:40 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollytc View Post
I was curious as well if there is a rotation from her originals.
I know Jari sold a rotation at one point (maybe she still does) but IIRC it was no big deal. My plan is to do 3 Body Pump-style workouts per week (Jari, Michele, Carmichael, Les Mills Pump, etc). I'm not going to sweat over following any particular instructor or set rotation because:
#1 - Since I'm using the weights *I* find challenging, I can make any video suitable for me, and
#2 - I figure the variety (within the set 'body pump' format) is like going to a gym and taking live classes; they'd always be a little different anyway*.

*(I realize that with Body Pump you take the same class for weeks. I'm sure that's why Jari's initial rotation had you doing each video 20 times on its own before switching to another workout. But if I have to be THAT rigid I'd off myself, lol. I appreciate the slight variety. )
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 10:20 AM  
muffins135

I'm looking at Jari's dvds over at TotalFitnessdvds, which ones would suggest getting. There are quite a few
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 10:33 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Muffins, have you never tried Jari? Which clips appeal to you? The original set of 5 are:
-Get Ripped (pink cover) - a little shorter than the others; can lift heavier
-Slim & Lean (green) - many reps; need to lift a bit lighter
-Ripped to the Core (blue) - compound moves
-Ripped 1000 (red) - alternating weights & cardio; has premixes
-Ripped and Chiseled (purple) - emphasizes upper body

Her next set, Extremely Ripped, is supposed to 'take it to the next level'. There are quite a few in that series. These workouts are longer (but can be divided into 2 or more routines), and usually consist of compound exercises.

Watching clips will give you an idea. In her first series, Jari shows a calm, quiet and gentle demeanor and the sets are often plain. Her Extremely Ripped is more "party in a box" - well she tries anyway - with big smiles, more outgoing personality (whether real or faked I can't tell), wilder outfits and lots of fake suntan. The sets are darker and more dramatic too.

I think it's probably best to get a mix. I love the entire original series and several of the newer videos, like Ex Ripped 1000 and Revved to the Max. I adore Lean Machine for its 30min Weights & Abs routine; it might not be as advanced as her others but it hits everything in a short time.
Old 12-31-12, 10:35 AM  
muffins135

Thanks for all the info Lucky Star. I'll spend some time today having a look
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 11:16 AM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post

I'm excited because in the summer of 2008 I did mostly Jari's workouts and cardio and was in, by far, the best shape of my life. Her workouts worked magic on my body but that overwelming (and wrong) belief that cardio was King overtook me again and I quit the weight training............
What Judy said! I was my smallest ever and felt GREAT when I was alternating Jari with simple cardio back in 2007. The scale didn't move much, so I became discouraged. Now I know better. Why oh why did I stray? I plan on alternating the Leslie one-mile-a-day challenge with Jari and sometimes Margaret Richard for variety.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 11:49 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
I was my smallest ever and felt GREAT
Hey Joan! Honestly, what use is a scale with results like THAT?!? Let's throw away those darn scales.
Old 12-31-12, 11:55 AM  
pollytc

I will start a check-in. It has been many years since I was in a check-in, or even started one. So please help in anyway you see fit! When should I start the check in? Tomorrow? I was actually planning to start mine January 2. I have my sister's wedding early May, so really need to get started and stick with it!! :-)

Tags
jari love rotation, jari love success