Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-12, 01:12 PM  
pollytc

2013 Goals/Jari Love

In 2013, I'm going to be selfish and make this year all about me. :-) With a proper diet, I want to follow systems or rotations. I'm bad about doing whatever, or starting a rotation and not sticking to it!

One of the rotations I plan to follow is a Jari Love rotation utilizing her earlier dvds for a month. The original Get Ripped, Get Ripped and Chiseled, Ripped to the Core, and Get Ripped 1000....I may acquire Get Ripped Slim and Lean.

For those of you who have done a Jari Love rotation, did you see good results? Results as in body shaping, toning/definition?
Old 12-30-12, 01:23 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I will be following a Jari Love/Body Pump rotation as well in the new year, as are some others here I believe... Allison?
For my part, I'll be primarily using Jari's older workouts too. I plan to use these over the course of several months and will include weeks of classic Firm volumes as well, along with lots of walking for cardio.

I never stuck exclusively with Jari long enough to see dramatic results in the past (I've similar rotation issues as you ) but I am confident that this style of workout will bring great results.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-12, 01:37 PM  
Irish Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollytc View Post

For those of you who have done a Jari Love rotation, did you see good results? Results as in body shaping, toning/definition?

I looked my best ever when I was doing Jari exclusively for strength 3 times a week and doing cardio on the other days (and eating relatively well). I really should go back to that rotation
Irish Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-12, 01:38 PM  
pollytc

Funny you mentioned classic firms because I now have the 6 originals and cross trainers. I want to do a month of that as well!
Old 12-30-12, 01:44 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I will be following a Jari Love/Body Pump rotation as well in the new year, as are some others here I believe... Allison?
Yup, I am! At least a month, if not more. My plan sounds a lot like Gina's. High rep weights + walking for cardio (but I'm not gonna sweat the cardio, as it tends to be my weakness). My goal is weights (Jari, mostly) 3x a week. Then a 4th video workout each week (something like Ellen or Buns of Steel or pilates).

RE: results.... I lost about 20 pounds a few years ago with Bar Method and I was okay with how I looked.... Still a bit wobbly. Anyway, I took a break from barre and started to do mostly Jari (2-3x/wk) and I saw some big improvements. Only a tiny bit on the scale (a couple of pounds), but my thighs leaned out, I was slimmer through the hips, and (dare I believe it?!) but my...ahem...chest area seemed perkier. Anyway, my time with Jari is what gave me the confidence to submit a Collage success story, even though I still had about 15 lbs. to go to goal. (That said, I stopped working out and gained it all, and more, back. Grr. But I'm going back to what worked!)

Pollytc -- I have an extra copy of Slim & Lean (which is my favorite Jari) if you'd like it. PM me.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-12, 02:00 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Whoops Alison, I apologize for adding an extra "l" to your name.
I too plan to do 3 strength routines a week, alternating with 3 straightforward cardio routines (Leslie, outdoor walking or whatever). Sometimes substituting Firm 1, 2 or 3 for Jari/Body Pump. Simple, simple, simple.
Old 12-30-12, 02:02 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollytc View Post
Funny you mentioned classic firms because I now have the 6 originals and cross trainers. I want to do a month of that as well!
Great - imagine the results from all that cross-training!
Old 12-30-12, 11:09 PM  
pollytc

Well now I'm geeked! I can't wait. I'm starting January 2. I think between Jari and classic Firm, this should be a great start to a new year! (And get me prepared for XTrain!).
Old 12-30-12, 11:24 PM  
juberann

I'm another who is on the Jari LOVE train!!! I like her older ones but also think I will enjoy the newer ones, as well. Between Mary's sale and trading I will soon have almost all of them LuckyStar actually got me back into Jari after raving about the Weights and Abs Bonus workout on Lean Machine (and also it's on Body Rock, as well). I did it the other day and LOVED it however, once I got to the abs section the disc started pixelizing and freezing, even starting itself over at different points. I was SO bummed because I havn't enjoyed a weight workout that much in quite awhile (other then KCM). So, I ordered another one from Mary and asked that she open it and throw the disc in her DVD player and make sure it was ok. She did that AND also didn't charge me for the workout!! Keep in mind, I bought this from her quite awhile ago. MARY IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST

I plan on doing a Jari workout at least three times a week plus some cardio and definitely a little more Yoga. I have been reading everything I can get my hands on lately about the benefits of weight training at my age (49) and finally have myself convinced I need MORE weight training and LESS cardio (it has been a struggle convincing this cardio junkie of that, too).

I'm excited because in the summer of 2008 I did mostly Jari's workouts and cardio and was in, by far, the best shape of my life. Her workouts worked magic on my body but that overwelming (and wrong) belief that cardio was King overtook me again and I quit the weight training............NOT going to happen again And since Jari has guys in her workouts, my hubby is even talking about joining me (in 19 years together, that has NEVER happened. I think he has a Jari crush more then anything).

Anyone going to start a 2013 Jari/Cardio Check-In? pollytc........I think the ball is in your court since you have us all geeked about starting It would be a check-in I will commit to, as well
Old 12-30-12, 11:54 PM  
Loric

I will commit to a Jari vid 3x per week...I'm def a fan of the older ones, but since I have them all, I might just branch out & include the newer ones. I'm just not a huge fan of compound workouts though.
I, like others, was in my absolute best shape when I was doing Ripped, Slim & Lean, & Ripped & Chiseled consistently.
Why I change what's working ill never know. Must be all those new pretty shiny workouts I read about here.
Loric is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jari love rotation, jari love success