Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-16-12, 09:40 PM  
BunnyHop

This sounds like an interesting experiment, thanks for sharing.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 10:45 PM  
blessed_mom_to_3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
This sounds like an interesting experiment, thanks for sharing.
Thank you for the support, BunnyHop, Helen, desertmermaid and all the others who have replied so far. I appreciate it!

I figure at the very least, I'll provide some entertainment, and perhaps enable/disenable some folks, depending the outcome.

('Cause ya know VF is all about the enabling.)
blessed_mom_to_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 08:10 AM  
BalletCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed_mom_to_3 View Post
I will post updates to this thread and let y'all know if it's a raving success or a big huge bomb. Surely I can't be the only one interested in knowing if Teresa is on to something. I volunteer to be the guinea pig....for as long as I can stand it! (Hoping to do at least a solid 10-14 days of T-Tapp before making up my mind.)
Great, thanks for creating this thread, I will be watching it with interest!

I did a similar t-tapp experiment a couple of years ago, doing just the t-tapp basic workout (3x pw) and some sporadic yoga for about 8 or 9 weeks. I can’t remember the specific results now but I definitely noticed changes quickly. The most surprising thing was that I lost 2-3 inches off my rib cage, I don’t really have fat there, so I think this was all due to pulling in/tightening of muscles. I also noticed that after a week or so my breathing felt deeper and fuller which enhanced my yoga workouts.

I then got bored, typically, and moved on to the next fad (kettlebells!).

At the moment I’m mixing t-tapp and callanetics, but I have fitness ADD and find it hard to stick with rotations.

Good luck!
BalletCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 08:14 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalletCat View Post
I have fitness ADD and find it hard to stick with rotations.
LOL, this is true of probably 90-99% of us here and explains our gi-normous workout collections.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 09:11 AM  
Kesal

I'll be interested to follow your progress! I did T-Tapp almost exclusively for a couple of months when I was learning the routine, but since then I mostly mix it in with other workouts. Even if I'm not doing the actual workouts, I don't think that a week has gone by without doing at least Primary Back Stretch a few times... I don't find the workouts boring, because they require a lot of mental engagement for me .
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 10:45 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalletCat View Post

I then got bored, typically, and moved on to the next fad .

I have fitness ADD and find it hard to stick with rotations.
Yes, same for me. I have a few T-Tapp dvds, and did notice changes in my shape when I did them on a regular basis, but I didn't stick with them. Had to move on to other things, and didn't even do them once a week...or once a month...or............

I'll look forward to reading about your experience with the combo, as I've been adding more CS into my schedule recently, and love the way I feel.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 01:55 PM  
Rachel*Jacobs

That sounds like an interesting experiment Blessed Mom.

I also have a bunch of T-Tapp workouts that I have not done in a long time. I think that I will also try your experiment to see what results that I get.

What workouts are you going to do? Just BWO+ ?
and for how long?
Rachel*Jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 02:24 PM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Funny this came up. I have a pretty large TTapp collection and was just looking at it the other day. I thought about trading/selling but I couldn't do it. I do like to throw them into the mix every once and a while. Sounds like a good rotation, BlesssedMom.

I do think TTapp mixes well with most exercise genres--especially yoga and kettlebells.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 03:02 PM  
flowerpotcat

Good luck! I too have lots of T-TAPP dvds but I have only done BWO+ sporadically. I also adore CS/Essentrics and have tons of DVDs....

How long are you planning to do this rotation? I would love to join you in your experiment but I'm struggling with being consistent with working out.

Good luck, again!
flowerpotcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 04:20 PM  
blessed_mom_to_3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel*Jacobs View Post
That sounds like an interesting experiment Blessed Mom.

I also have a bunch of T-Tapp workouts that I have not done in a long time. I think that I will also try your experiment to see what results that I get.

What workouts are you going to do? Just BWO+ ?
and for how long?
To you and the others who have inquired about my specific rotation...

I'm doing BWO+, the Total workout (tried the instructional part 2 last Sunday and really enjoyed it, and had DOMS afterward, even), and a few target pops - ladybug, diva derriere, etc. I also have the Hit The Floor and Ladybug Workouts, along with a few of the Tempos. I really like Tempo Arms and it's nice and short (like 30 minutes) so I will probably toss it in the mix for this challenge.

I'm not sure how long I'll keep to this specific rotation. I'm hoping to get two solid weeks in, at least. Maybe longer if it grows on me and I don't miss my other workouts too much.

Will come back and post when I get today's workout done...I'm running behind. Wanted to do some CS today too but it looks like I'll be lucky to get in a 15-minute workout.

P.S. BalletCat, I hope I have results like that on my rib cage. Mine pokes out horribly since having my first child. They just have never gone back to their pre-pregnancy shape. Good to know there's hope for this issue!
blessed_mom_to_3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biggest change, biggest difference, pretzel, t tapp, t-tapp, t-tapp results, teresa tapp