Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-12, 03:55 PM  
blessed_mom_to_3

My Big Fat T-Tapp Experiment

Ok, so I'm starting a little experiment....

I've been collecting T-Tapp workouts for a few years now, have only done a few of them very sporadically, never more than two days in a row and never with any sort of regularity. However, I am intrigued with the whole idea, so after receiving a pretty sweet pile of T-Tapps in a trade I think I'm going to go whole hog with it.

I've also read that Classical Stretch is a good compliment, and since I adore it and own tons of CS/Essentrics, I'm going to use it alongside the T-Tapp. I plan to not do anything else during this experiment. That's hard for me because I crave variety but I really don't want there to be any doubt about what it was that worked or didn't. I think I can stay away from Leslie, Kelly, and Tracie for a week or two. (Girls, we'll have coffee next month, I promise!)

SO...this morning I took measurements (yippee, my hips are a solid SIX INCHES bigger than my chest, and that's about all I'm willing to share with you guys, lol) and I'm going to do a scientific experiment to see if T-Tapp is really "The Workout That Works". At least for me.

I will post updates to this thread and let y'all know if it's a raving success or a big huge bomb. Surely I can't be the only one interested in knowing if Teresa is on to something. I volunteer to be the guinea pig....for as long as I can stand it! (Hoping to do at least a solid 10-14 days of T-Tapp before making up my mind.)
blessed_mom_to_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 03:57 PM  
blessed_mom_to_3

Day 1

Day 1:
Basic Workout Plus
~and~
Target POP moves: Ladybug and Diva Derriere
Old 08-16-12, 04:09 PM  
txfitmom

I am interested to see what results you get. I have had a few of the T-Tapp workouts in my collection for several months but never got around to trying them. I wonder if the results are similar at all to TA workouts.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 04:21 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed_mom_to_3 View Post
SO...this morning I took measurements (yippee, my hips are a solid SIX INCHES bigger than my chest, and that's about all I'm willing to share with you guys, lol)
Is that all? Ha! I got you beat by a couple of inches, at least! (says the lady with a small chest and a not-small-at-all hip measurement....)

BTW, like the title of your thread! And I'm interested in hearing about your results! I tried T-Tapp one time and just couldn't get into it... but I've always been interested.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 04:29 PM  
blessed_mom_to_3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
BTW, like the title of your thread! And I'm interested in hearing about your results! I tried T-Tapp one time and just couldn't get into it... but I've always been interested.
HAHA, I just realized I totally ripped you off on your Tracy Anderson Experiment thread! I should have to pay you royalties.
(Sorry about that.)

And here I was trying so carefully to avoid entitling it "My Month With Teresa Tapp"....
Old 08-16-12, 04:32 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed_mom_to_3 View Post
HAHA, I just realized I totally ripped you off on your Tracy Anderson Experiment thread! I should have to pay you royalties.
(Sorry about that.)

And here I was trying so carefully to avoid entitling it "My Month With Theresa Tapp"....
HA!
(Well, if you owe me royalties, I owe the gazillion other t.v. shows/etc. that use the phrase "My Big Fat fill-in-the-blank-with-whatever".)

Hope your experiment lasts longer than mine (and with better results)!
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 06:37 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Good luck with your experiment, blessed; I'll be interested to see how you do.

I have a whole stack of T-Tapp workouts, and used them pretty exclusively several years back. I did get some results to begin with but they tapered off and frankly I found Teresa a bit boring but I know plenty of people adore her and get good results.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 07:32 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Good luck with your experiment. I think you'll get good results. I did T-Tapp for awhile and it was good for my waist. However, it's kind of boring so I didn't continue.
Old 08-16-12, 09:07 PM  
Demeris

Keep us posted. I'm an avid tapper. I do t-tapp at least twice a week. I'm hoping, some time in the future, to become a trainer.

I also do CS; love, love, love it. And yes, T-tapp and CS are extraordinarily complementary.

It seems to me that Teresa and Miranda have very similar understandings of human movement and the human frame. Their workouts reflect the different backgrounds they have: Teresa, physical rehab; Miranda, dance.

I do CS twice a week, too.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 09:39 PM  
desertMermaid

good luck with your experiment. I have a few T-Tapp DVDs. But I could never get into them. I think they are good exercises but yes I find them boring. But I always tell myself that I should give them a shot, but I never listen to myself.
Maybe you will inspire me to dig them out and actually do them! I know some people have really excellent results with T-tapp. I hope you are one of them!

I really like CS/Essentrics, but haven't done either in a while. The episodes are really good ~22 minutes each.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biggest change, biggest difference, pretzel, t tapp, t-tapp, t-tapp results, teresa tapp