Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-12, 01:46 AM  
dls

Jari Love

Is anyone using there Jari Love workouts exclusively and getting good results, fat loss, muscle definition? I am doing a 4 week rotation using a kettlebell dvd and in my second week but I thought I would love to give my Jari workouts another try after my KB rotation. I never really gave them a chance. I don't care for step. I am mainly looking for her weight workouts which are a lot like pump workouts with the high reps and low weights. Just wondering if anyone has had any results they might like to share with me.

The ones I have and have had are as follows

GET RIPPED 1000
GET RIPPED TO THE CORE
SLIM AND LEAN
AND THE ORIGINAL RIPPED.

I am looking for weight exercises only .

Thanks in advance.

Take care my friends,

Deb
dls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-12, 09:00 AM  
alisoncooks

I was doing Jari's strength-only workouts a lot in the spring. I was using S&L almost exclusively for my weights. I didn't lose much weight but I broke a plateau by a few pounds... but the biggest change was that I was feeling smaller and tighter. Dropped a pant size, was feeling pretty good about how I looked. And --now this could be purely wishful thinking-- but I think it did some lifting/perkifying of the girls upstairs, if you get my drift...(all those chest presses/pushups, maybe).
This was about the time I submitted my success story to collage.

*now, of course, I have totally fallen of the wagon and gained it all, +more, back*
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-12, 12:26 PM  
dls

Hi Alison,

What great results you have had. Your picture shows it all. You should be very proud of yourself Thanks for sharing it with me. I hope you have a nice day.

Deb
Old 03-07-12, 12:28 PM  
dls

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I was doing Jari's strength-only workouts a lot in the spring. I was using S&L almost exclusively for my weights. I didn't lose much weight but I broke a plateau by a few pounds... but the biggest change was that I was feeling smaller and tighter. Dropped a pant size, was feeling pretty good about how I looked. And --now this could be purely wishful thinking-- but I think it did some lifting/perkifying of the girls upstairs, if you get my drift...(all those chest presses/pushups, maybe).
This was about the time I submitted my success story to collage.

*not, of course, I have totally fallen of the wagon and gained it all, +more, back*
I don't have any weight to lose. I am two pounds lower than my weight watchers goal but I can always use a little extra work with the girls upstairs

Deb
Old 03-07-12, 12:46 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dls View Post
Hi Alison,

What great results you have had. Your picture shows it all. You should be very proud of yourself
Totally agree.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-12, 01:00 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dls View Post
I don't have any weight to lose. I am two pounds lower than my weight watchers goal but I can always use a little extra work with the girls upstairs

Deb
Haha, well like I said...that could've been wishful thinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
Totally agree.
Thank you!
(Now, I'd like to get BACK to that happy size/place. I totally let things slide the past 6 months...)
Old 03-10-12, 06:54 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I looked for this thread because I've been thinking of Jari today ("the poor man's Body Pump", lol. Actually her style appeals to me more than the slick, loud Les Mills group-thing). I have most of Jari's workouts and also never gave them a real 'go'; always other videos to do and life getting in the way.

I still prefer her older series... really tempted to use Ripped & Chiseled and Ripped 1000 in a rotation, mostly because of Gaylene (I think that's her name, the amazing-looking woman in her late 50s?). She's so inspirational and I find her motivating to exercise 'with'!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-12, 07:29 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I looked for this thread because I've been thinking of Jari today ("the poor man's Body Pump", lol. Actually her style appeals to me more than the slick, loud Les Mills group-thing).
I haven't given Pump a fair go, yet...but I think I prefer Jari. I don't need a ton of music and loud voices to motivate me 1st thing in the a.m...
Old 03-10-12, 07:46 PM  
dls

Hi Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I looked for this thread because I've been thinking of Jari today ("the poor man's Body Pump", lol. Actually her style appeals to me more than the slick, loud Les Mills group-thing). I have most of Jari's workouts and also never gave them a real 'go'; always other videos to do and life getting in the way.

I still prefer her older series... really tempted to use Ripped & Chiseled and Ripped 1000 in a rotation, mostly because of Gaylene (I think that's her name, the amazing-looking woman in her late 50s?). She's so inspirational and I find her motivating to exercise 'with'!

Do you like Jari's Ripped and Chissled better than Ripped To The Core?

Thank you,

Have a great weekend.

Deb
Old 03-10-12, 08:35 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Deb, in all honesty it's been a couple of years since I've used Jari workouts on any kind of a regular basis (and I can just imagine the bod I might be sporting now had I not stopped! ), so I can't remember which were my favorites. I liked Ripped to the Core just fine. And I remember thinking R+Chiseled was upper body overkill and R1000 was insanely hard, lol, but oh that Gaylene!!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jari love, jari love rotation, jari love success, plateau, ripped to the core, success stories