Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-11, 08:44 PM  
mamaste

Firm Volume 5 on DVD?

Have you heard anything? I just saw the clip was uploaded to Youtube. I hope it's being released! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F431GPVYrho
Old 09-24-11, 08:48 PM  
Just_Jo

FF posted on their forum:

"what we are working on...-editing a mock dvd of The Firm V5: Abs, Hips, and Thighs to submit to Gaiam, so they can release the master. When Gaiam release the Master and approve of our mock, I will let you know to start pre-orders. So keep weights major crossed!!!! "

So keep your fingers crossed!
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-11, 09:06 PM  
mamaste

Thanks, Jo! I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed for this one. It would be so nice to have the classics on DVD finally.
Old 09-25-11, 12:11 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thanks for posting - I'll definitely be getting it!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 07:58 AM  
aunatural

Doing the happy dance!!!

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 09:29 AM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunatural View Post
Doing the happy dance!!!
Me, too! So funny, because I was planning to convert this to DVD soon.

Years ago, Vol. 5 was one of my most-used videos. What is strange is that I never did the entire workout; instead, I would routinely tack on Vol. 5's aerobics section to other workouts. I couldn't get enough of it. I'm not sure what was so attractive about #5 -- the aerobic workout, the bright set, the cheerful music? Like Leslie Sansone workouts, Vol. 5 gave me an inexplicable "happy" vibe. I never could figure out why.

I wish they would transfer NSTAM and Cardio Burn over to DVD, too -- then my Firm collection would be complete. However, I'll stop complaining ... I'm so thrilled to have all the ones they * have * transferred!
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 09:46 AM  
Breezy Trousers

Ok, just viewed the link and have to say: My Lord, how cheesy is that!

The Firm Classics are like that. Rather dated and cheesy looking but, wow, truly among the best workouts I've done (outside of kettlebells).

Vol. 5 is especially sneaky. As lame as it looks on that clip, it gave me great results. I was a serious runner in those days, routinely doing 2 hour daily workouts, when I was began tacking Vol. 5 onto my cardio workouts. I remember liking Vol. 5's aerobic section because it got my heartrate up without aggravating plantar fasciitis (which is ultimately why I had to give up running).

I forgot how tall LaReine Chabut was! As Firm instructors go, I never warmed up to LaReine. So strange in view of how often I did her workout.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm, firm classics, firm volume 5, the firm