Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-19-11, 05:19 PM  
Loric

T-tapp recommendations?

Hi!! I'm going to jump on this bandwagon!! For those of you who have experience with T-Tapp, where should I start? Which DVDs do I definitely need to invest in?
TIA & I can't wait to get started!
Loric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 06:40 PM  
killoffsonny

I would recommend going to the t-tapp website and using their forum. I started out with the Total Workout Beginner Rehab level. It includes two dvd's. There are instructionals that teach form and then you go on to the workouts. The first workout is the Basic Workout which once you learn the form takes about fifteen minutes. When you go to the other dvd it includes the Basic Workout plus about another thirty minutes of moves.

I haven't done T-Tapp in quite some time. I will begin again when I get some shoes. I dont' have decent shoes to do the workout right now. I also got bored with it. It's a very effective workout for the core and lifts the butt quite well (as well as barre workouts for me). I just didn't get a lot of results for upper body. And like I said I got bored with it. I think if I had gone to a workshop it might have helped. They have them throughout the country at different times of the year.
Old 05-19-11, 06:58 PM  
Loric

Thx Becky! I'll check out the t-Tapp website. Appreciate your help.
Old 05-19-11, 07:19 PM  
pattyd0319

I love Basic Workout Plus and add it on to other workouts or doing it when my back/joints hurt. I get caught up in other workouts and forget about but when I do it regularly, there's something about some of those moves that just takes away my nagging lower back pain.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 08:14 PM  
Demeris

Not much new info to add, but the quickest intro to t-tapp would be a Basic Workout plus dvd, and a more comprehensive intro would be total t-tapp, which is the beginner-rehab killoffsonny suggested. I want to second going to the t-tapp forum and noodling around there.

I love t-tapp. I believe that I have found a sweet synergy with t-tapp and barre workouts. I'll be adding swimming to the mix in a few days, so I should be exquisitely fit by the end of the summer.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 09:45 PM  
Loric

Ooooh could you pls post details about that combo? I'm inspired already!!!
Old 05-19-11, 09:54 PM  
Demeris

Well, I work out 6 days a week, and since March, I have been tapping every other day, and on my non-tapp days, I do barre: Callanetics, Fluidity, Core Fusion, P57, Classical Stretch, or Bar Method--once in a while a TA Mat or PP (she's barre to me).

I'm toying with going every third day with t-tapp, but I have so grown to love the work outs, and I rotate through all my t-tapp workouts, doing the same one three or four times, then moving on to a different t-tapp.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-11, 08:14 AM  
Kesal

I started T-Tapp about a year and a half ago. Sometimes I do it exclusively for a few weeks, sometimes I just mix it in with other workouts. But I've rarely gone more than a week without doing at least a short T-Tapp workout, because it really makes a difference in how I feel. I especially credit it with fixing my bad right shoulder, which had pained me for years. My posture is also much improved.

I started out with just "Instructional 1/ Basic Workout +", and took about a month to get comfortable with that routine, then bought "Instructional 2/ Total Workout". Although I've accumulated quite a few more T-Tapps, those two are the ones I reach for most, and all I really need. Last year (when I was tracking my workouts in a spreadsheet) I did "Basic Workout +" 51 times and "Total Workout" 31 times, making them by far my most used dvds. There's a pretty good special going on for May, with those two workouts plus a few more. The Tempo workout in that deal is very good, and adds a little variety. I don't have the Barefoot one, but it sounds like something I'd like to try. Also, I think I saw a set listed on the Yaya Swap for like $35 recently -- you could check to see if that's still available, as well.

I agree that there's some good information in the forums, but to be honest, the atmosphere there kind of gives me the willies. I guess it's kind of like any instructor devoted forum; you'd feel awkward to bring up other workouts, plus there seems to be a big faction of homeschooling moms with a dozen kids, so I feel kind of out of place there. I guess I'm just saying this to let you know that if the forums don't grab you, that doesn't necessarily mean that you won't like the workouts themselves. They have a very different vibe (to me, anyway).
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
t-tapp, ttapp