Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-05-10, 02:14 PM  
DebbieRN

Sure Lydia. My internet connection was just creeping along so slow this morning so I will do more research later.

I love hardware stores and they are so helpful at the small local one down the street. It was 103 degrees here yesterday in the valley, so not looking forward to venturing out just now (noontime here).

Something laminated or coated fiberboard is usually pretty cheap, but I would love something that can roll up, or at the least, is very thin to store. That's what I have in mind anyway. I love DIY projects!

Debbie
DebbieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 03:39 PM  
Dawn
VF Supporter

I received a response to my question about the glide board and she said the DVD will be sold with and with out the glide board. She said you can purchase the glide board now. The 5ft BBGB is $275 plus shipping. They have a 4.5 ft board for $250. She said if you are fit and like to workout you will definitely want the 5ft board. They also sell the ballet slippers they use on the board for $20.00.

I found a website that explains how to make your own slide board. I'm definitely going to look in to it if I can't find one in my price range.
http://msaskating.tripod.com/slide.htm

Dawn
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 03:44 PM  
Casswoman

These slide boards are expensive!

I also did some research and found another DIY slide board instructions.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...00033-0034.pdf

And I really want those slippers!
Casswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 03:58 PM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
I received a response to my question about the glide board and she said the DVD will be sold with and with out the glide board. She said you can purchase the glide board now. The 5ft BBGB is $275 plus shipping. They have a 4.5 ft board for $250. She said if you are fit and like to workout you will definitely want the 5ft board. They also sell the ballet slippers they use on the board for $20.00.

I found a website that explains how to make your own slide board. I'm definitely going to look in to it if I can't find one in my price range.
http://msaskating.tripod.com/slide.htm

Dawn
Holy crap! I think when I bought my reebok back in the early 90's it was 80 dollars and I thought that was expensive.
Old 09-05-10, 03:58 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Old 09-05-10, 04:09 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I wouldn't assume you'd need a slide board to do the DVD. Since that is a big extra that not many own or have access to, their DVD most probably has some other kind of cardio or substitute moves.
I think...I hope...you're right, Lucky Star. Heavy socks on a hardwood floor might work okay...just have to figure out the stops.

Ladies, thanks so much for the DIY instructions. If I do decide I need another toy, I should be able to make one...
Old 09-05-10, 04:14 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I stand corrected.
And now I'll sit this bandwagon out, not having the time, space, money or desire to buy or fashion a glideboard.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 04:23 PM  
carres1973

I found a 6-foot slideboard on Amazon for $159, which isn't too terrible but if I can make one from the instructions for $40, even better! Though, I think the commercial ones can be rolled up for storage, where the homemade ones can't...

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 06:25 PM  
azuniga

I want this workout! The price on slideboard is high, but I paid full price for my fluidity bar and I think it's worth the full price. Hopefully it will be offerend in payments similar to Fluidity because with all these barre workouts coming out I will need it!
azuniga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 07:10 PM  
hotncmom

There is one on fwonline for $250 that is adjustable:

http://www.fwonline.com/7slidd.htm

I just don't know if I would want to pay that for an item that is just good for one workout. And what if you don't like the workout for whatever reason? I got my Fluidity bar used for $90 with the DVD's and ball, and it has been a great investment because even though I don't like Fluidity, there are tons of other barre workouts I can use it with (and even yoga sometimes for those balance poses I haven't quite mastered).

You guys are just going to have to be the guinea pigs on this one
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, slide boards