Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-03-10, 09:04 AM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Thankyou1 I hadn't even thought about electronica- which I haven't listened to in a really long time. It would probably work well for most workouts.
Thanks!
There are some excellent online electronic radio stations at di.fm and a few others. Also, you can download whole live DJ sets for free from alldj.org (it's legal- DJs often release their sets for publicity purposes) and burn them to CDs. Depending on what type of electronica you like, I'll be happy to give you some current recommendations if you want them! (PM me if so, we can stop hijacking the thread, lol)

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 10:10 AM  
Buffgirl

Neatski, rest is important when you workout hard, the body needs time to recover. When I did STS and P90X I got too hungry, that I had to eat more, and that cause me to gain weight.

Last year, I did Jari's advance rotation, using Ripped 1000, and Ripped and Chiseled, and other cardio in between and it worked so well.
Buffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 11:52 AM  
JP44

I like Jari's Slim & Lean, GR1000 but I LOVE her Extremely Ripped & ER1000. I didn't care for GRTTC and I sold that one (too slow). I love the combination moves she does in her ER workouts. I find these to be total sweatfests plus they are great for leaning out & improving muscle definition.

I really don't care about the music and I like that they are really cheap! If Jari used "better" music but had to charge higher prices to cover the cost of the music rights, I'd much prefer that she keep using what she's using.

Joan (JP44)
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 12:00 PM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
I like Jari's Slim & Lean, GR1000 but I LOVE her Extremely Ripped & ER1000. I didn't care for GRTTC and I sold that one (too slow). I love the combination moves she does in her ER workouts. I find these to be total sweatfests plus they are great for leaning out & improving muscle definition.

I really don't care about the music and I like that they are really cheap! If Jari used "better" music but had to charge higher prices to cover the cost of the music rights, I'd much prefer that she keep using what she's using.

Joan (JP44)
Agreed about the music, obviously I mute it anyway!

I'm glad to hear someone likes ER- for some reason I didn't. But then again I LOVED GRTTC. When I did that one I used heavier weights than most of the crew on the DVD, so I was thankful for the slower pace. Maybe I should try lightening up the weights for ER, because the manic pace is one of the characteristics I didn't like. Do you usually use both 30 minute segments together?

Old 09-03-10, 12:14 PM  
Snuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post

I'm glad to hear someone likes ER- for some reason I didn't. But then again I LOVED GRTTC. When I did that one I used heavier weights than most of the crew on the DVD, so I was thankful for the slower pace. Maybe I should try lightening up the weights for ER, because the manic pace is one of the characteristics I didn't like. Do you usually use both 30 minute segments together?
I'm currently doing a Jari rotation. Last month I did RTTC 3 times a week for 4 weeks. This month I planned on doing Slim & Lean 3 times a week for 4 weeks except it seems too easy for me.

My question is do you typically use heavier weights then most of the cast in Jari videos? I don't like using heavier weights then the cast and usually will not do the workout believing that it's too easy for me. In RTTC I could've went heavier but didn't as I didn't want to go heavier then the cast. I have a hard time believing the cast typically use the weights that they are using in the video.
Snuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 12:17 PM  
Snuckles

BTW, I'm loving the definition I'm seeing in my upper body! My abs is a whole 'nother sad story.
Snuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 12:24 PM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post

Hi Neatski,

I do the ER 30 segments separately, but both of the ER1000 together. I use a 6" step for both. I love the faster pace as it becomes AWT! I'm not looking to build muscle, but rather to keep my endurance level, lean out & have more definition. Accordingly, I don't try to use heavy weights. I generally use whatever Jari is using for these. I am drenched in sweat when I'm done w/ these!

I will go heavier than Jari in S&L & GR1000, especially for lower body.

Joan (JP44)
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 12:27 PM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuckles View Post
I'm currently doing a Jari rotation. Last month I did RTTC 3 times a week for 4 weeks. This month I planned on doing Slim & Lean 3 times a week for 4 weeks except it seems too easy for me.

My question is do you typically use heavier weights then most of the cast in Jari videos? I don't like using heavier weights then the cast and usually will not do the workout believing that it's too easy for me. In RTTC I could've went heavier but didn't as I didn't want to go heavier then the cast. I have a hard time believing the cast typically use the weights that they are using in the video.
Yes, I do typically use heavier weights- not than ALL the crew, because there's usually some hardcore dude in the back doing the 140,305 bicep curls with 25 lb dumbbells (!), but my philosophy is that I should reach exhaustion by the end of each set. It took some trial and error to get the weights right (maybe 2-3 workouts), but I tried to make the weights heavy enough that a) halfway through the set, my muscles would be really burning, and b) I could barely lift them by the end, while still being able to keep proper form of course.

There have been people on here who've expressed concern about repetitive lifting of heavier weights, but I'm still actually only talking about medium weights ("heavier" by comparison to 5 lbs!). I think I stayed lighter (5 and 8s) on many of the shoulder exercises, but I used 10s and 12s, or even 15s, for many of the exercises in RTTC.

The first time I did RTTC it was too easy for me as well, but once I adjusted the weights, it was wonderful. Oh, and once I was lifting to my challenge zone, I started to see awesome results.

Oh yes, Jari really did whip my upper body into shape!

Old 09-03-10, 12:29 PM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
Hi Neatski,

I do the ER 30 segments separately, but both of the ER1000 together. I use a 6" step for both. I love the faster pace as it becomes AWT! I'm not looking to build muscle, but rather to keep my endurance level, lean out & have more definition. Accordingly, I don't try to use heavy weights. I generally use whatever Jari is using for these. I am drenched in sweat when I'm done w/ these!

I will go heavier than Jari in S&L & GR1000, especially for lower body.

Joan (JP44)
That makes sense, because doing both ER segments together was just torture for me! I'll have to try doing that.

Tags
jari love, jari love success, ripped to the core