Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-10, 02:49 PM  
CarlaVeg

Best Jari Love?

I don't know if I click with her. I tried the original Ripped and another one a few years ago and didn't like the breaks between exercises, where she has on the screen what's coming.... I didn't enjoy how these didn't flow.... I also remember them as a bit boring....

But I have read a few of you had great results with her workouts and I and willing to try again. Having said that, what's her best DVD?

TIA,

Carla

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 03:00 PM  
Jade

Jeri's Jari Love's Get Ripped 1000 Workout is my all-time favorite. There isn't much downtime in that video-- she did have some short breaks/ stretches in between exercises, but those were not long, and should be necessary for recovery, IMHO.

Her Get Extremely Ripped! 1000 (a newer one) is good and intense too, but she was a bit too talkative in that one and I found it a little annoying and the cardio intervals were a bit too long for my taste. But if you don't like the breaks between exercises, I guess you might like that one better.
Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 03:05 PM  
Fitstick

I also tend to like the Jari videos that incorporate both cardio and weights - Ripped 1000, Extremely Ripped 1000 and Body Rock. I also tend to like her workouts where you have an option to do a 30 minute workout instead of the full hour - Extremely Ripped. Although her longer workouts may be more effective, they seem to go on forever for me... I also really like the original Ripped video..
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 03:08 PM  
cam522

I got great results when I did a rotation of alternating weeks of Slim and Lean and then Ripped and Chiseled for 1 month. I lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks and I added running 6x's a week as well.

Maybe I'll do that rotation again when I complete my 1 month of Bob's Inside Out Method which I really like alot as well.

Cheryl
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 03:29 PM  
CarlaShanti

If you don't like breaks between segments, try Get Extremely Ripped 1000. It's 2 minutes of cardio-1 minute of weights, back and forth, for about 50 minutes or so, then some push ups and ab work. You will be sweaty!
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 08:32 PM  
neatski

I hated her at first, oh man. Don't let her bizarre demeanor or boring atmosphere fool you- your results will come so fast that you will learn to enjoy her. I also recommend Get Ripped 1000- I love the alternating cardio and weights, and it will kick your booty if you go to your max on the cardio segments and make sure your weights are appropriately heavy. I'm not really a fan of either of the new Get Extremely Ripped ones, but I also really like Get Ripped to the Core. Yeah, there are breaks between segments, but if you're going heavy enough with your weights, you'll need them to catch your breath! That's the key... go heavier if you're not almost at failure by the end of the set.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 08:42 PM  
smilesolovely

My favorite is her newest one Get Extremely Ripped 1000. I just did it today for the 1st time in awhile. It's a great workout! It's on the long side compared to her other workouts, but I burn a ton of calories with it and my muscles feel thoroughly worked.

I also like Ripped 1000 and Ripped and Chiseled. Really, I like all of them, except Get Extremely Ripped. That's the only one I've traded.
Old 07-26-10, 09:23 PM  
goldenphoenix

My favorites are Ripped 1000 and Ripped and Chiseled. I use the breaks between the exercises to stretch the muscles. For most videos, I don't think the instructors spend enough time for stretching.
Old 07-26-10, 09:30 PM  
westiemack

My favourites are the Original Ripped, and Ripped and Chiseled, because these are the only ones I know of that DON'T work upper and lower body at the same time. I really like both of these!!

Kathy

Disclosure: I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, but I'm only in it for the discount!
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-10, 06:12 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Slim & Lean

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body rock, jari love, jari love rotation, jari love success