Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-09, 04:27 PM  
kattpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole P View Post
I like all of Jari's wokrouts

I have been doing Jari's new "Extremely Ripped" workout alternating workouts 1 and 2.... 3 days a week for the last 3 weeks, and my body is really looking good

I know a lot of people did not like this workout, but it sure gets results, and I like the fact that I can get a total body workout done in less than 1 hour..Love the stucture of this one... no breaks just goes from one thing to the next, and I am drenched. I feel really good when I get done with this workout.... I feel everything is pulling in

I think there is some science to to all of Jari's workouts, and I do think she puts a lot of thought into all the workouts she puts out.

I agree!! My body is looking great with this one and Ripped 1000........I cannt wait for the new one!!!

KAthy
kattpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 04:36 PM  
KathAL79

I was a big Jari fan when she first came out. I liked that her exercises were pretty straight-forward, and I loved that she showed modifications for equipment and level. Most of all, however, I appreciated the price: most of her workouts could be had for $15 or less; they could be easily found for $4-10 apiece. On a grad student budget that was very appealing!

I stopped acquiring Jari's workouts after Ripped 1000, which reinforced something I was coming to realize: I'm not the biggest fan of cardio and weights circuits. And then I moved away from her style of lifting (i.e. very high reps with low weights), so I traded or sold off those I had.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 04:45 AM  
spaceygirl

Wink jari love

I personally like her but will agree that her workouts can be boring-part of the reason they are effective for me anyway is the high (boring)reps. That said, there is truly no accounting for taste-for example, I am actually afraid to post WHY I do not like KCM because I worry what the reaction will be here since she is SO POPULAR. Do what works for you. Chemistry is sometimes inexplicable.
spaceygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 04:51 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceygirl View Post
I personally like her but will agree that her workouts can be boring-part of the reason they are effective for me anyway is the high (boring)reps. That said, there is truly no accounting for taste-for example, I am actually afraid to post WHY I do not like KCM because I worry what the reaction will be here since she is SO POPULAR. Do what works for you. Chemistry is sometimes inexplicable.
I lilke what you said spaceygirl .

My favorite Jari is R&C. I'm drawn to the UB segments.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 05:45 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Although I own or have owned a bunch of Jari's, I only really like - actually love - the original Ripped. It seems similar to Body Pump: I like the energetic music, and the fact that you can lift light or heavy and could progress by going heavier. It's pretty evenly divided between upper and lower body exercises but has few lunges, which I'm happy about. And it's under an hour!
I also like Jari's personality in this video. She seems a calm, gentle and sincere person, and a dedicated and very knowledgable instructor.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 07:46 AM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceygirl View Post
Spaceygirl: I love KCMS workouts, and she may popular, but I wont hold it against you if you choose to post or not post why you dont like her as we are all entitled to our opinions, and you did not seem to mind when I said Jari's stuff was boring. I like other peoples opinions otherwise the world would be a boring place if we all thought the same
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 10:43 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Well, I don't like Jari as much as Cathe, but I really prefer this style of training (high reps, low weights!) I love Body Pump style workouts, and Jari's dvds work for this, and the music is great! Like some others, I prefer her earlier dvds to her more recent ones.

I just did Ripped 1000 yesterday, and while I liked it, I don't reach for it much (but it's probably the one I most need to do, with the added cardio segments!) That one is more disjointed and all over the place with you facing your step horizontally, and then vertically, and I think she could have done a better job of choreographing it in such a way, where you didn't have to jump all over the place with equipment, here and there. I love the modifications shown in these workouts, and it's thoughtful of Jari to have considered that not everyone works at such high intensity or with the same equipment.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 11:11 AM  
CarlaShanti

I have always loved Jari. Her workouts don't have a dread factor for me, particularly Get Ripped. I can do that one when I don't want to work out and I come out the other end feeling like I've done some good and not resenting it. I like all her workouts. I even like Extremely Ripped, and intend to order Extremely Ripped 1000. In fact, I will probably order everything she comes out with. There's no accounting for tastes, as has been said. My husband and I both just love her. She doesn't intimidate, she doesn't enthuse, she doesn't yell, she doesn't make you feel guilty, she isn't cutesy-poo. To me, she's just very amenable and her workouts are effective, straightforward and non-threatening.
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 12:24 PM  
goldenphoenix

Simplicity

Why I like her?

1) Her price is very, very reasonable.
2) I like the high rep, low weight routine.
3) Another thing that stands out from her workout is that she has two crew members performing some of the moves sideway so you can see the moves from all angles and thus allow you to make sure your form is correct.
4) Unlike Cathe, minimal equipment and modifications are shown.
5) Music is not bad at all.
6) She seems nice and genuine. Not rehearsed.
Old 09-01-09, 10:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I tried to like Jari's workouts because I really believe they are effective, but there is such a dread factor for me with them that I think I have to accept the fact that they're not for me. What's funny is that I love Slim in 6 and Slim Series which many people find excruciatingly boring. No dread factor with Sin6 or SS for me at all. It just goes to show there is no rhyme or reason sometimes to what we like or don't like.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jari love, jari love success