Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-09, 05:22 PM  
Casswoman

Angry Chi Ball DVDS - NTSC Format DVD-R

Hello,

I just received two Chi Ball DVDs -Energise & Tone and Dance of the Dragon. I was really looking forward to these. However, when I examined the DVDs it appears that they are DVD-R with photocopied covers. They are NTSC format. I really don't like DVD-R so am very disappointed. For what I paid for these I would have preferred PAL format if they were pressed.

So, just a warning for anyone else who is considering purchasing. I am thinking about writing the company about this.

Cassie
Casswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-09, 05:33 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casswoman
Hello,

I just received two Chi Ball DVDs -Energise & Tone and Dance of the Dragon. I was really looking forward to these. However, when I examined the DVDs it appears that they are DVD-R with photocopied covers. They are NTSC format. I really don't like DVD-R so am very disappointed. For what I paid for these I would have preferred PAL format if they were pressed.

So, just a warning for anyone else who is considering purchasing. I am thinking about writing the company about this.

Cassie

Thanks for the warning!
I almost caved on Dance of the Dragon a few times.
Not that I mind dvd-r but would find the dvd hard to trade if it didn't click for me.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-09, 07:52 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2
Thanks for the warning!
I almost caved on Dance of the Dragon a few times.
Not that I mind dvd-r but would find the dvd hard to trade if it didn't click for me.

I was that close to buying Dance of the Dragon. It's very expensive for a DVD-R, and, like Barb, I was wondering how hard it would be to sell or trade if I didn't like it.

I've just bought some Pilates balls to double as chi balls and David Dorian Ross's Upper Body Chi. That was a DVD-R too, but since it was only about $US7 and a copy of an OOP VHS tape which I wouldn't otherwise be able to get, I was happy to get it for the price.
Old 04-24-09, 09:10 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Thanks for the info on these being DVD-R. For that price, they should definitely be pressed. You just saved me some money!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-09, 06:11 AM  
Casswoman

I wasn't even thinking about the resale/trade value of these now that they are DVD-R.

I am glad, though, that I was able to help save someone else the frustration.

Cassie
Old 04-25-09, 06:24 AM  
horsemom2

I do hope you enjoy the workouts enough not to have to think about their trading or resale value!

But if you do want to trade Dance of the Dragon, send me your wishlist LOL

Barb S
Old 04-25-09, 06:34 AM  
sundari

Thanks so much for the info. I didn't cave because they were expensive. However I remember them emailing me to tell me that if I wanted them in NTSC format that they would copy it for me. So at the time I should have guessed that they were not going to be pressed DVD's for the US sales.
Old 04-25-09, 07:18 AM  
Casswoman

Thanks, I will be trying them this weekend and hope that I will like them.

What is frustrating is that I didn't ask for them to be NTSC. I would have just preferred the PAL pressed format and thought that's what I was ordering. I have to assume that if you are ordering them from North America they will just send the NTSC copies.

Cassie
Old 04-25-09, 08:28 AM  
horsemom2

Just wanted to mention if anyone is looking for a workout that feels a lot like chiball but uses a weighted ball (I use a kettlebell LOL), the Mitch and Mindy Melt It Off Progressive Strength and Flow fits the bill

Barb S
Old 04-30-09, 08:59 AM  
Casswoman

Just an update....

I did contact the company and they are sending me PAL pressed DVDs at no charge. So that has made me very happy and pleased with their customer service.

I did the "Energize and Tone" workout and really enjoyed it. It reminded me of Petra Kolber's Breathe workouts without the annoying TIFTT. I was unable to do the "Dance of the Dragon" because the DVD-R they sent was blank. Oh well, just have to wait for the replacements.

Cassie

Tags
chi ball, chi ball method, chi gong, monica linford