Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-10-09, 07:39 AM  
Fitness-Mom

Jari Love -

Good Morning ~

I am just finishing up my 1st week of the Intermediate, Jari Love Rotation. Has anyone seen improved results / definition following her rotations. I am mainly doing Kickboxing for my cardio.

Thanks
Old 04-10-09, 07:42 AM  
bubbles76

When I first started doing Jari after having not done any strength training in a while, I was amazed at the results I got. I was also doing Tae Bo as my main source of cardio (with one day of walking for a rest day). I followed Jari's first rotation when there were just the three workouts. You would do Ripped 20X followed by Slim and Lean 20X and the RTTC 20X.

The most improvement I saw was in my triceps. I had definition standing still LOL! For me, that's something, as I usually had to flex to see any definition.

Hmmm...think I hear another Jari rotation calling my name
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-09, 09:05 AM  
iamme323

when I started using Jari regularly is when I started seeing changes. I did not bulk but I did tone up and saw definition. This type of weight work just seems to fit my body type. I can't wait to get her new DVD!
Old 04-10-09, 11:48 AM  
juberann

I LOVE Jari in fact,Jari's program is really the only weight training program I do like. Her videos are very well produced,very thought out and incredibly affordable,you get alot (and I mean,ALOT) of "bang for your exercise buck" with Jari's workouts.
I have all of her workouts and will be getting her new one later on today (or tomorrow,depending on the mail). I always get great results using Jari's workouts and never had a bulking issue, probably because of the high,high reps and light weights, that is a combination that works wonders on my body.
I think a combo of Jari and kickboxing,done consistantly, will give incredible results Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-09, 12:06 PM  
F1mom

Jari + spinning = great definition with no bulk. Unfortunately S&L killed my knees, but now that she has 2 more DVDs out (R&C and the newest one) I may end up doing another Jari rotation once I finish my Teeny Tiny Project later this summer.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-09, 12:12 PM  
botteki

You and I are on the exact same page with our Jari rotation : )

I have never done a Jari rotation before (for that matter I've never done any rotation. I'm a pick and choose kinda gal).

I am doing a slightly modified version of a rotation that someone (Fit44?) posted here (and I think on Cathe's forum too?). The posted rotation was 6 days: Day one is Ripped 1000. Day two is Ripped and Chiseled. Day three is 60 min of cardio. Rinse, repeat. I don't have Ripped and Chiseled so I am modifying that rotation by alternating Slim and Lean or Ripped to the Core. My cardio days I have been using Cathe's Cardio Fusion.

I will be leaving the country in a few weeks and wanted to try to make some changes in my body fat over the course of three weeks. I dunno if this will do it but I am certainly committed. It's a hard rotation for me (and my 40 year old joints). But I can do anything for three weeks. I was really looking forward to my rest day.

Today was the beginning of week two. I am still sweaty from Ripped 1000 : )

I wish you success in your Jari rotation!
botteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-09, 12:57 PM  
Fitness-Mom

Thanks Everyone!!

Tonight is RTTC - I'm still on the fence about this one, I think I enjoy Ripped 1000 better I do have to agree S&L is a little hard on the knees.. I'm 37 and I'm starting to feel every joint in my body

Enjoy!!
Old 04-16-09, 08:38 AM  
upperwests

QUestion about Jari's weights

I'm sometimes not sure of the total weight Jari is using in her workouts. When they Flash the weight number in front of each person......is it the TOTAL weight or the weight for one dumb bell. ANd, why do they wait so long to show the number?
Thanks Paula
upperwests is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-09, 09:28 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

It's the total weight. She usually uses 8 pound dumbbells (total of 16 lbs) for shoulders and I don't know how she does it because her shoulder work kills me! I usually stick to 5 pound dumbbells and sometimes have to lower it to 3.

Yeah, I see great definition when I do her workouts regularly, but I get bored with them quickly and can't stay on a rotation too long. It's too bad they have such a dread factor because those workouts, combined with barre stuff, is ideal for my body type.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-09, 09:43 AM  
tammy

Which Jari do you all like)
tammy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dumbbell size, jari love success