Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-09-09, 08:23 AM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Walsh
If I remember correctly, these are all about an hour each (maybe only 50 minutes) but they are broken into sections (not sure if they've chaptered the DVD's but it would sure make sense to) so it's easy to do a short(er) practice with each one. For instance, on the Posture and Flexibility one, I love the first section and it's about 15 minutes. I think the second section is about 9 minutes so, when I have time, I can easily add it.

Good question about region free. I bought my VHS from a U.S. vendor so I'm not sure how the DVD's are set up. But since they specifically have a U.S. part of the site, I would assume they are playable in U.S. DVD players.
Thank you so much Karen great info. I've emailed them but haven't heard back. It would be nice to have chaptered DVD's.
Old 02-09-09, 09:03 AM  
horsemom2

finally got some answers

1) Is the Dance of the Dragon available in the United States of America yet?

Yes, the Dance of the Dragon DVD is available via our online shop and we can certainly ship it to the U.S. for you.

------------------------------------------------------------
2) If so how much will it cost in US dollars and can we pay by credit card?

Ordering 1 Dance of the Dragon DVD would cost about $32 USD shipped to the US.

At the current exchange rate of 1USD = 1.487AUD:
$34.95 AUD for the DVD plus $11.50 AUD for intl. shipping equals $46.45 AUD
$23.50 USD for the DVD plus $7.73 USD for international shipping equals $31.24 USD
(note, this total may increase/decrease slightly depending on currency fluctuations).

Yes, our online shop accepts Visa/Mastercard -- you can make an online payment either via our bank's secure payment gateway (select ' Credit Card (Visa/Mastercard)' ) or alternatively by Paypal.

3) How long is the workout?

The DVD running time is about 96 mins, which includes:
Two practices of 36 min and 30 min (the second one is a slightly faster practice)
As well as:
An introduction to the practice and its benefits,
A brief overview of Qi-Gong,
Detailed description of key points for the technique & practice
Descriptions of correct posture & form

4) Is the DVD region free since produced in Australia?

Yes, all our DVDs are region-free (Zone 0), which means they are "worldwide" and are not restricted to any region.

Most modern TV's and DVD players can play PAL format, and however we are also in the process of producing NTSC versions specifically for our US customers with older equipment.

We would be happy to especially make and send you an NTSC version if you would like -- please indicate this in the "Customer Note" section of the order when you arrive to the 'Confirm Order' part of the checkout.

5) Are there any cardiovascular segments in Dance of the Dragon because the clip looks like just a warmup

Indeed, you are right - the preview clip is the warm up for the practices!

The Dance of the Dragon is not a cardiovascular work-out in the conventional sense; however according to Traditional Chinese Medicine, it is a more authentic cardiovascular exercise as it greatly increases the flow of Chi throughout all parts of the body. Even though the Dance of the Dragon is a not a fast-paced practice, your body temperature will significantly rise and you will be in a sweat.

I hope this answers your questions to your satisfaction. Additionally, you may be happy to know that following-on from your inquiry, we will be posting more detailed product-information online about the DVD chapters and international purchasing! Thank you for your feedback, and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.

Kindest regards,
Eric
ChiBall World
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-09, 01:08 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Thanks, Barb - I'll keep looking at the site for additional info. Sounds like the international shipping might be a bit expensive....

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-09, 08:27 AM  
sundari

Thanks Barb.

Here is some info on "The Original Series":

The running times of our DVDs are available on the detailed product information webpages:

http://www.chiball.com/shop/the-orig...spine-dvd.html approx 70mins

http://www.chiball.com/shop/the-orig...-tone-dvd.html approx 55mins

http://www.chiball.com/shop/the-orig...ility-dvd.html approx 55mins

http://www.chiball.com/shop/the-orig...relax-dvd.html approx 65mins

Our shipping rates are based on location and weight. If you wanted to purchase all 4 original series DVDs, that would come to approximately $123 USD ($100 for the 4 DVDs, and $23 for international shipping), based on the current exchange rate of 1USD=1.49AUD.
Old 02-10-09, 11:23 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I was looking at my VHS yesterday and the times listed on those are about 5 minutes shorter than each of the times listed on the site. Weird.

I thought when I did the dollars conversion, the cost came out to more like $20 each original DVD, not $25. Hmm. And the shipping is a LOT. I'd love to have these on DVD but not at those prices.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-09, 12:06 PM  
horsemom2

The Dance of the Dragon dvd with the shipping & handling tallies too high for me without having any other input than the warm up clip. Perfectly happy with the chiball vhs I already have.

Barb S
who just received the two new Nia workouts loaded with new moves to keep me interested and moving
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-09, 01:02 PM  
sundari

I agree these are a little on the high side both the price and shipping. Its a shame there isn't any place in the US to get these for less. They do look interesting I'm surprised no one else has done something similar.
Old 02-10-09, 04:52 PM  
LAC

Thank you all for sharing the information on cost/shipping. I think I'll pass on these for now as well.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-09, 05:59 PM  
RedPanda

Thumbs up Finally got my copy of "Dance of the Dragon"!

And I really like it.

I did the first workout last night after a very stressful day at work and my hubby said I looked like a different person afterwards.

I enjoyed the movements and the music and found it was a great way to destress and, using a one-pound Pilates ball, get a gentle dynamic stretch. The warm-up (which you can see on the video clip on the chiball website) used familiar Chi Gong movements then the workout changed into a slow-moving meditative dance with movements with names like "The Dragon Looks at Her Tail" and "The Dragon Breathes Fire" which I found very unique.

Bear in mind I am not a dancer by any stretch of the imagination, but found the workout very easy to follow. I even felt very graceful which is unusual for me.

The only thing I didn't like was the last segment, a "standing internal organ meditation" in which you focus on your spleen, kidneys, heart and other organs in turn, imagine them filling with a coloured light, and "direct energy" into them. No offence intended to anyone, but I found that more than a little bit like quackery.

The production values of the DVD and booklets were very good.

I'll post more details when I've had the opportunity to check out the DVD a bit more.

I should also add that the high shipping charges people have been quoted are due to the cost of international postage from Australia. It costs me $AU8.00 to send one DVD to the US!
Old 08-05-09, 09:54 PM  
RedPanda

Smile Just bumping this thread...

To report that my detailed review of Dance of the Dragon has been posted:

http://www.videofitness.com/reviews/linford-03.php

Tags
chi ball, chi ball method, chi gong, dance of the dragon, monica linford