Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-28-08, 11:52 AM  
bearcatfan

Found a slide at Goodwill today

I found an adjustable Super Slide today at Goodwill. It has two bumpers that screw down and hold the slide in place, adjustable to any length. All the parts were there, including the booties.

I probably paid too much - $20 - but I haven't seen one in years there and I lost my last one when our basement flooded. Not sure where I'm going to put it, but I couldn't leave it there.

Oh, even the brochure is there, advertising such home fitness goodies as Fabio's Power Abs Board (which looks suspiciously like the original Firm transfirmer when it came in one piece with legs).
Old 09-28-08, 01:49 PM  
weighttrain
VF Supporter

Wow, lucky you!

Have fun with it!

Beth
Old 09-28-08, 02:18 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i have a Cheryl Ladd slim slide that i got for $5 from Savers (the thrift store chain), after using this $5 off coupon. it had the booties but no video. a few years later, i found Cheryl's vhs video at goodwill. my sister couldn't understand my joy in finding the video.

since then, i acquired a bunch of slide videos at goodwill and on the swaps.

i like it - i don't use it too often, but you really, really work the inner thighs with this puppy.

the superslide can go for quite a bit on ebay - so i think $20 is a steal.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 04:35 AM  
juberann

The SlimSlide with the little booties??? Oh, I rememebr that thing! I had one back in the 80's,it was alot of fun,kinda like the Gliding discs of today Wow, CONGRATS on your find, bearcatfan!!!!
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 05:00 AM  
bearcatfan

I didn't get a chance to play with it yesterday (my kids took over the living room "camping out") but I will today.

I think I'm going to see if it will be a reasonable substitution for the "Leg Magic" machine that keeps tempting me with its siren song. Maybe holding onto a barbell or the back of the couch?

And, if anyone needs to make their slide slide-y again, the instructions say to treat this one with Armor-All or something similar (I'm going to test on an unused portion of the slide first).
Old 09-30-08, 12:59 PM  
glorybelle75

Are you in Bristol??? I think I dropped that one off...
Old 09-30-08, 01:08 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan
I didn't get a chance to play with it yesterday (my kids took over the living room "camping out") but I will today.
BCF - my kids liked sliding on mine too - since yours is adjustable, you can adjust it to their legs.

p.s. walmart is gonna carry the leg magic thingy for $111 - i posted about it in the bargain forum. (i've also seen leg magic in a thrift store for like $20).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-08, 01:21 PM  
klwgriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan
I probably paid too much - $20 - but I haven't seen one in years there and I lost my last one when our basement flooded. Not sure where I'm going to put it, but I couldn't leave it there.
Are you kidding? If I remember correctly, that's a bargain! How great that all the stuff was there too!

I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
klwgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-08, 01:34 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

I look for a slide every single time we go. I had to tell DH that someone actually got one this week, just so he believed me that they were real (and would therefore keep helping me look. )

Congrats!
Sarah-lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-08, 01:55 PM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

I bought a slide on ebay a few years ago, and I'm sure I paid more than $20. I haven't used it much, but my kids love playing with it. It isn't all that slide-y, so I'll try the Armor All sometime. I was going to try cooking spray once, but I never did.
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide board, slide boards, sliding