Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-23, 09:53 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Never found my meds. I filled a month's supply out of pocket with a drug discount card but the pharmacist said insurance will pay after 2/20.
Still no sign of the pills. The pharmacist was mistaken. I cannot renew the Rx under insurance until 3/12, so I paid for a month's supply today. No idea at all what I did with them.

Forgot to mention I scanned and shredded 2022 tax related documents and started scanning household repair documents (plumbing stuff done!) and some medical records before shredding. Have I mentioned how much I love my scanner?
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-23, 05:37 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Well I just wrote a semi-long post and it just disappeared!
It has been very quiet here. Update: still no sign of the pills but my dose changed so I filled a new Rx this week. Where on earth can it be???
I went through my work paperwork finally. I recycled a bunch, some things got put away in a file box here and others went back to work. I still need to go through a few accordion files that I know have duplicate reference materials. I moved or tossed the rest of the stuff that was on top of the dog crate so I can collapse it and bring it downstairs. I miss my dog I am planning on moving a small desk or table in its place so I have a dedicated work area.

Project for this weekend: Take books and knick nacks off one section of our built in bookcase so I can remove the shelves to paint the back of the unit. I need to test the color and see if the paint will minimize what I want to hide. If not, the wood will get replaced before we hire someone to paint the whole unit. I am both dreading and looking forward to removing everything so we can then decide what deserves to go back. Hoping for a more minimalist look. There will be resistance though.
Old 03-24-23, 06:38 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

I have been scrambling (DH had back surgery, our pony had eye surgery and medication many times a day) so not much decluttering. I sold a shirt on ebay - it had been listed for months! and dropped off a couple of small bags at goodwill this week. We had our bathroom remodeled (and mold remediation) so I'm in the process of changing up towels and things like that.

lreidgreen - prescriptions have been troublesome for me too lately. I had one sit, not get filled that I finally had the dr. send a new one to different pharmacy, but they couldn't fill it because the original pharmacy told the insurance company they had filled it. it was crazy. got it sorted out but I'm slowly moving my prescriptions to a different phramacy.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-23, 08:31 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

eventmom, I hope your husband and horse are getting better.

I removed books and stuff from two sections out of three in one set of built in bookcases. I primed the wood and will paint tomorrow. All I can say is I made a very minor dent in removing the books and I already have 4 boxes filled to the brim. I don't need to completely move them yet but it is going to be a dread inducing task. I had a mini anxiety attack just trying to find a place to put stuff. I gave one antique camera to the owner of our local camera/photo shop and have another to give him. I could try to sell them but can't be bothered.
I went through and tossed some paperwork. I moved some things to a box to donate. I listed 4 items on FB marketplace including a collectible action figure and an antique pair of mother of pearl opera glasses made in France, that actually still work!
I forgot to mention that I went back to the consignment shop and my expensive leather tote bag didn't sell so I took it back. Re-Listed it on FB marketplace.
Old 03-25-23, 09:11 PM  
fanofladyvols

Went through a couple of years of receipts and purged nearly all. I was dreading it but it went much more smoothly. Two big bags of books donated and another bag of clothing. My policy of purging similar item from what I purchased is working well to keep my clothing inventory manageable.

I have caught myself smiling when I open a now clutter free drawer or dusting a shelf that is now easy to clean because it's not cluttered. It's motivating me to keep going.

Lreidgreen, there seems to be no end to the books I have to sort through so I can understand resistance from others. I'm ploughing through but I'm the holdup here. Other belongings I'm ruthless. Books and exercise DVDs..well, not so much.

And yes, you have mentioned that you love your scanner once..or twice

Eventmom, I have noticed many items on ebay seem to be the same that have been there awhile and some items are priced ridiculously. I have picked up some great items lately though. Looks like you just have to wait for the right person to come along.

Wishing you all continued progress!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-23, 10:37 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

I realize I hadn't listed earlier this year - most of that decluttering was moving out of my office. I'm (was) an academic so so much paper! I started out when paper was really all we had - all my dissertation even. Even with moving offices twice in the last few years and purging quite a bit each time I still had so much to sort through. I haven't 100% ended that career (teaching a couple of classes this year) and one manuscript still in the review process. Anyway, getting out of that office took up all my decluttering energy!

lreidgreen - thanks. DH is much much better. The pony is better but still a bit of extra work for me. good luck on the FB marketplace it hasn't been good for me but I may try a few items later this spring.

fanofladyvols - ebay has always been hot and cold for me. I have many items I plan to list when my schedule eases up.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-23, 09:32 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I have caught myself smiling when I open a now clutter free drawer or dusting a shelf that is now easy to clean because it's not cluttered. It's motivating me to keep going.

Lreidgreen, there seems to be no end to the books I have to sort through so I can understand resistance from others. I'm ploughing through but I'm the holdup here. Other belongings I'm ruthless. Books and exercise DVDs..well, not so much.
I agree, seeing clutter free areas, closets etc. is very calming. The trick is keeping them that way. After I decluttered the bathroom, I brought a box of stuff downstairs of stuff that didn't fit. Today some of that stuff got chucked and some of it came back to the bathroom. So it is starting to creep back.

Lots of progress today. After some heated discussion last night, DH went through most or all of the books in the FR and his books in the basement (text and reference books) He set aside many books and knick knacks(!) to remove. I was VERY pleasantly surprised. I tossed the text books and set aside others for the library for their book sale in April. I listed outdated travel books the library won't take for free on FB Marketplace. They are the really nice DK ones that someone should be able to use. I am giving some road maps of France to someone from work. Some knick-knacks have been tossed others are in the donation pile.

I also listed other items, including some martial arts weapons DH was tossing. All the stuff for sale or donation is in the garage. Moved the heavy boxes of books we are keeping downstairs but there are still lots of books lying around on surfaces in the FR that need to go down there. I am running out of boxes!

Regarding books, I found a QiGong book belonging to my husband that I recently purchased for myself in late 2021. In fact I think my secret santa got it for me. I didn't even know he had the book because it wasn't with his martial arts and qigong books. So now we have 2 of them! Looks like we need a catalog.
Regarding selling stuff, I don't have an expectation that these things will sell. Will give it a short time then just donate them.
Leslie

ETA: I am gifting some DVDs that someone listed on Request the Wealth. I should also list some things on STW.
Old 03-26-23, 09:36 PM  
Vantreesta

Leslie, I have spreadsheets of all my books, movies, TV series and workouts. I've far too often bought workouts at the thrift store or flea markets that I already had. Of course my workout list is too big to print so it still doesn't help as much when I'm not at home. I need to catalog my CDs too.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-23, 09:40 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventmom View Post
I realize I hadn't listed earlier this year - most of that decluttering was moving out of my office. I'm (was) an academic so so much paper! I started out when paper was really all we had - all my dissertation even. Even with moving offices twice in the last few years and purging quite a bit each time I still had so much to sort through. I haven't 100% ended that career (teaching a couple of classes this year) and one manuscript still in the review process. Anyway, getting out of that office took up all my decluttering energy!
Oh yeah my office move(more of an eviction actually) last year did suck all the decluttering energy out of me then and recently. As I previously mentioned, a lot of papers got scanned or chucked but I still ended up bringing stuff home because I had to move stuff out for the office downsizing related construction. I did another once over a few weeks ago and got rid of a fair amount. I have one more small box to bring back to the office and that accordion file to go through. But this weekend, books were the priority.
Old 03-29-23, 12:44 PM  
Vantreesta

I threw away two pairs of tennis shoes and a pair of slippers that were way too worn to donate, and the shoes were too small for me now. Donating can feel good, throwing away never does for me. Have a box full of VHS to donate as well as a pair of boots, two pairs of sandals and a pair of moccasins, a few books and some stuffed animals plus a few miscellaneous items.

I also have a box of workout DVDs that I will post on share the wealth when I get my act together.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
declutter, decluttering, downsizing, internet archive, organizing, organizing the home