Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-25-23, 07:43 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I previewed Total Body Toner w/Allie as I was rebounding today. (I'm so late to the party). LOL This workout was all about my love language of 4-limb/compound moves. So simple with just weights on days ya just don't want to pull out all the equipment.
That's a good one, and there are a few other gems like that in the pink era (there are sort of several distinct pink eras, even, based on set design and equipment, but that's a whole 'nother story). Anyway, one thing I would LOVE is a 4-limb compilation with a good warmup and cooldown, and with a mix of eras represented. Like a 5-minute cardio warmup ending with a 2-minute stretch, then 3 distinct 5-minute 4-limb segments, then another 5-minute cardio cooldown ending with a 2-minute stretch, for an approximately 30-minute workout that's all low-impact and without steps/boxes. You'd basically use light to medium weights only. I would LOVE that.
Old 01-25-23, 08:34 AM  
TinaT

kat999~ All all about that. That would be amazing if it ever happen.

Volume 2 w/Janet has some great combinations. I don't do the high impact moves anymore, but for the most part this is great 4 limb aerobics for the first 26ish minutes of the workout. I break it up into 2 workouts now a days. The second half is all floor work, so I do it on a separate day.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-23, 08:49 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
kat999~ All all about that. That would be amazing if it ever happen.

Volume 2 w/Janet has some great combinations. I don't do the high impact moves anymore, but for the most part this is great 4 limb aerobics for the first 26ish minutes of the workout. I break it up into 2 workouts now a days. The second half is all floor work, so I do it on a separate day.
I simply cannot break apart any workouts like that. If I start Vol 1, 2, or 3, I’m finishing the whole thing. So I try to gauge how I feel before I slap the dvd in the machine to not over do. I found the trend several years back of piecing workouts together very frustrating. That’s one reason why I canceled my Leah Sarago subscription, too many “parts” to put together. Now, I don’t have problems with the Firm “parts” series especially the aerobic parts videos. I use those as a complete workout for the day when I do them, and they usually clock in at over 30 minutes which is a decent time.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-23, 09:16 PM  
TinaT

Fatkat ~ For now splitting them up is the perfect amount of time for me. My hope is to get back to doing them fully at one time...like I used to.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-23, 08:14 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

In the old days, I used to do Vol 5 up to the floorwork and then switch to Janet's floorwork in volume 2 because I thought it was more challenging, so even with vhs tapes you could pick and choose.
Old 01-26-23, 10:22 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

you could always omit the step for any workout and just do it all on the floor, including your favorite 4-limb that uses a step.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-23, 08:49 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Fatkat ~ For now splitting them up is the perfect amount of time for me. My hope is to get back to doing them fully at one time...like I used to.
That’s great! The only ones I’ve done all the way through recently are Vol 6 aka Boomers, and the Hare plus a few Basics and PrimePowers. I’m slooowwly trying to build my strength and endurance back up.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-23, 03:47 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

One thing that was on the original VHS that didn't transfer to the DVDs was the corny intros: the gal cartwheeling into the room on Standing Legs, Tracie Long ushering everyone in like she was hosting a party, etc. Someone should compile those and post them on Youtube. They're too good to be lost to history!

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anna benson, firm, firm history, fitprime, kickbutt, the firm, whfn