Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-22, 03:22 PM  
Gams

Susan, that was my plan, too, but I’m not doing a great job because of similar titles, similar cover photos, and rereleased workouts. It’s confusing for me.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-22, 04:19 PM  
donnamp

Gams, Agreed, i'm not sure what I'm still missing also due to the re-releases, re-naming, etc. I would like to find some of her walking/toning and some of her stand alone toning - like short cuts upper body, lower body, etc. I also would like to try to find her Pilates....I will have to keep hunting! I'm looking at Mary's sale pages but with the re-naming/re-releases I'm not sure that I wouldn't be acquiring something I already owned!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-22, 06:29 PM  
Gams

Donna - you can get Leslie’s You Can Do Pilates at ThriftBooks for less than $5.00.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-22, 09:16 AM  
donnamp

Thanks, Gams! I'll check that out!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-22, 11:14 AM  
kat999

I did that 1996 4-mile workout today for the first time and loved it! I actually liked that it was divided into three 20-minute segments plus cooldown instead of 4, 1-mile segments, because for some reason that made it go by faster. I didn't listen to the instruction/music but instead muted it and listened to podcasts, but I was still able to follow along well despite it being my first time. Having some different steps was actually a really refreshing! I kind of wish she had kept some of those in later workouts, like the box step, the little extra/different side steps, etc. I guess later she wanted to keep things less fussy, perhaps, but I'll definitely pull this out to get some more variety. It was a really calorie burner, too, and the variety really kept me focused the whole hour.

Don't be scared off by this one just because it's older. It's a fantastic workout!
Old 12-29-22, 04:05 PM  
susand

i am glad to hear this kat, i will need to try this one again.
susand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-23, 03:57 PM  
Diana2468

I agree with this, leslie is the gold standard for me and nobody else compares. I do enjoy jessica's workouts, and some of the other leaders on leslie's platform, but I don't enjoy anyone the way I do leslie! Her workouts are just perfect for me. I really hope that she isn't done recording, but am starting to think she is.
Diana2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-23, 01:32 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I also really like Debbie Rocker. I went on a quest to find all her workouts. I think she only made three - all for Gaiam, although I could be wrong. The ones I have are Walking for Weight Loss, Walk, Sculpt and Tone and AM and PM Walking. These are all filmed outside with sunshine and beautiful scenery.
2 more from gaiam -- Total Body Challenge: Walk (2007) came with a stretchie band that has markings for where to put your feet for working various body parts.
-- and the Walkvest workout.
And is Quick Start Walking for Weight Loss different from Walking for Weight Loss?

Debbie Rocker's walks (I'm nt sure which ones, but am reasonably certain that it's not new footage) are on 2 gaiam compilation DVDs: Stretch, Flex & Tone and 5 Day Fit Weight Loss
monterey vidiot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-23, 09:00 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
2 more from gaiam -- Total Body Challenge: Walk (2007) came with a stretchie band that has markings for where to put your feet for working various body parts.
-- and the Walkvest workout.
And is Quick Start Walking for Weight Loss different from Walking for Weight Loss?

Debbie Rocker's walks (I'm nt sure which ones, but am reasonably certain that it's not new footage) are on 2 gaiam compilation DVDs: Stretch, Flex & Tone and 5 Day Fit Weight Loss
Thank you! I will have to check these out. I did realize that I had another Debbie Rocker workout after I posted my earlier thread. I forget what it's called now, but it might be one of these. Thanks so much!!

Tags
leslie, leslie sansone