Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-22, 01:25 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
How bad is barre on the knees? I have a lot of barre dvds that I haven't tried, but some I have pre-knee pain. I'm hesitant to try them, because some of them have that pulsing and work on the toes. Although even in the midst of previous knee pain, I didn't have too much trouble with Leah Sarago Ballet Body Lower Body and some Exhale Core Fusion stuff. Some moves I couldn't do, but they were good workouts for me even with knee pain.
Have you tried resting your heels on something (a yoga block or blocks, for example)? I’d be curious if you still had knee pain when doing so.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-22, 11:38 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
So, I finally broke the seal on one of my Barre3 dvds just to mix things up a bit. It was Standing Slim and I had to use a ball behind my leg. OH MY GOSH.....I am on day 2 of major DOMS. I am talking the kind where it hurts to sit down and even stretch! I am in total shock. I would consider myself an intermediate level exerciser and I have no problem with P57, Booty Barre, SBF, etc. I had also been doing a lot of Denise Austin yoga stuff prior to Barre3. Furthermore, I had just done LW2LW a couple of days prior with no issue. So, I'm wondering if I did something wrong during my Barre3 workout? Anyone? Is this normal? Has anyone else had really bad hamstring soreness from using a ball behind your leg?How could this little ball cause so much pain?!!! Thoughts please!!
I've been doing tons of barre type workouts for months on end, and I can tell you, the first time I did a move with the ball behind my knee (is that what you're describing?) I cramped up SO BAD it was ridiculous!! I think I was doing a Pure Barre workout at the time, but it was like a charley horse from hades that left me as sore as you describe. I just think barre works muscles nothing else does, but maybe it corrects some imbalances along the way? We can hope, right?

All I can tell you is that it gets better. I just used the ball in that way for a workout this week and I no longer have that serious cramping/sore reaction. Hang in there!!

And now I need to pull out Standing Slim. I know I have it...don't know if I've ever done it!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-22, 01:14 PM  
Luv2WO

I did Standing Slim two days ago and the back of my legs/hamstrings have been so sore! I wasn't sure what did it but I think you just helped me figure it out.
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-22, 01:41 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Thanks to all who responded! It's nice to know it wasn't just me and I'm not crazy!!

Kittybug- I am so happy to hear that it DOES get better and easier if I stick with it!!! Thank you for sharing your experience with me!

Bubbles- I think the instructor talks about keeping your feet flat on the floor and keeping hips back (like you would in a squat) for a modification to protect the knees. Also to keep it shallow. She does show several of these modifications during the workout and says to honor your body and that many of her students perform the modifications.
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-22, 01:45 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2WO View Post
I did Standing Slim two days ago and the back of my legs/hamstrings have been so sore! I wasn't sure what did it but I think you just helped me figure it out.
Yup.... boy, oh boy!! It hurts, right!!! Thank goodness mine is starting to go away. I did a couple of light workouts since then and it's getting better! Phew! Hope yours goes away soon!!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre ball, barre balls, barre3, barre3 ball, doms