VF Supporter

"Fitness Guru Turned Podcaster Takes on OC Plastic Surgeon"

Chalene Johnson in the news today...

Fitness Guru Turned Podcaster Takes on OC Plastic Surgeon

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-22, 11:57 AM  
kat999

I've been seeing a lot of plastic surgery and less invasive cosmetic procedures going awry. Linda Evangelista's CoolSculpting fiasco, for example, and just yesterday I saw a Botox patient on reddit complaining of stroke-like symptoms after her procedure. I'm not against people getting cosmetic work done and have considered small things myself (haven't gone forward, though, because usually the cost and a nagging worry about side effects stops me), but consider that even the best work will sometimes not turn out as expected. It's a huge gamble. It sounds like what Chalene was trying to have done was nothing significant and it should have been easy and left her better off, not worse. There's a lot of red flags with that doctor.
Old 11-20-22, 12:46 PM  
nschultz

Chalene has been talking about this for the past year or more on her podcast. There are 100’s of people that have come forward with accounts like hers and some even worse. It’s shocking he is still in practice.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-22, 12:59 PM  
fanofladyvols

Sounds like they need someone like Chalene to push forward on quicker and greater transparency of medical malpractice reporting in that state. I had heard of the risk of liposuction causing the migration of fat buildup to odd areas of the body. I had no idea about the dangers of coolsculpting or the Evangelista nightmare experience and how brave of her to sound the alarm and show people the risk.
Her explanation of what propelled her to make that choice shows how even those considered the most beautiful struggle with those insecurities.

Guard your health as best you can everyone!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-22, 02:24 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

It reminds me of what happened to Priscilla Presley. She went to some Botox/filler party with other celebrities. A shady doctor injected her face with industrial silicone. Not a cosmetic grade material.

https://media.radaronline.com/brand-...surgery-pp.jpg

It has been a nightmare for her.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, body image, chalene johnson, plastic surgery