Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-19-22, 11:24 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

One thing I liked about her first workout is that it taught me how to do a proper lunge without hurting my knees. She did a 4 count lunge: step back, lunge, come up, and step together. I knew of no other workout that showed that, and I appreciated the slow pace.
Old 11-15-23, 04:02 PM  
Lori_Michigan

OLD THREAD ALERT!!!!

I'm attempting to do more total body weight workouts each week and I thought I'd throw an older Jari into the mix. Holy moly, I forgot how *tough* these are! I thought I could do the entirety of Revved to the Max and I had to give up at about halfway through the second workout on this one. Those reps and high step really add up!

I also really liked her running commentary about aging and how important strength and flexibility are and how it really makes a difference in people as we age. I am definitely adding more Jari back in my schedule!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-23, 05:45 PM  
alisoncooks

I still enjoy Jari! However, my joints don’t seem to like the workouts much, especially my elbows. Perhaps I could ease in better, idk. But the last few times I tried to do an old favorite, my elbows were sore.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-23, 07:28 PM  
wendug

I just did a RIPPED workout yesterday on YT from Michelle Briehler. I love Michelle's workouts and I'm happy she has a few RIPPED style workouts. She has full body and upper/lower RIPPED workouts. I have occasionally thrown in Jari's workouts here and there as I like to mix things up from heavy weight work/compound weight work/lighter tempo change weight work. They are effective!
Old 11-15-23, 08:20 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I just did a RIPPED workout yesterday on YT from Michelle Briehler. I love Michelle's workouts and I'm happy she has a few RIPPED style workouts. She has full body and upper/lower RIPPED workouts. I have occasionally thrown in Jari's workouts here and there as I like to mix things up from heavy weight work/compound weight work/lighter tempo change weight work. They are effective!
I LOVE Michelle’s RIP workouts!! And like Body Pump, the moves are set to the music. I wish she’d come out with more; last time I have done a RIP, I think, was in April. I need to get back to her workouts! These are more enjoyable to me than Jari’s which can have a dread feeling the longer they go on. I do remember Get Ripped and Chiseled had my triceps sore for DAYS, though, so I know they are effective, for sure.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jari love, jari love favorites, jari love success