Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-04-21, 03:16 PM  
Genevieve M

Seems like we all have stories like this.

My dad, who was an attorney, really resisted doing his will. My oldest brother is his stepson, and my mother was adamant about having things spelled out in black and white in the event of a loss.

After much hemming and hawing, my dad included a statement in his will - 'and my stepson, (name omitted) is equal to my other children in my love and affection and is therefore entitled to an equal share of my estate'. Phew!

About 6 months later, my dad had a massive stroke, and was definitely non-compis mentis for the remaining four years of his life.

Another situation -my youngest brother went through a horrific divorce. When I did my will, I told my attorney that I didn't want the ex to get a dime of my money, so we set up a trust for my brother.

Like many of you have mentioned, it pays to periodically review your will. My brother's ex-wife died suddenly in March. I must review the will to ensure that the trust is set up correctly (irrevocable vs. non-irrevocable, etc.).

Finally, it is too bad that the T-Tapp empire will not continue. I agree that the lawyers will eat up a good bit of funds left. It will be interesting to see what becomes of her intellectual property.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
t tapp, t-tapp, theresa tapp